Asking for a friend--Pet sitter???

BYC

DIS Veteran
A friend is thinking of taking a motor home to Disney. She has 2 dogs. She was wondering if there was a service of some kind where she could hire someone to stay in the motorhome while her family is in the parks. Her biggest worry is the AC going off because of a power failure or something, and the dogs dying from the heat. She would be willing to pay a local teenager, or someone just to hang out with the dogs. Anyone know if that is possible?

You might want to ask over on the camping at Walt Disney World forum, but I think it would be really unfair to take a teenager all the way to Disney and ask them to stay all day in a motorhome to watch two dogs.

Not sure how this ended up in the Transportation forum?? I thought I had posted it in camping. And not sure where you get the idea she would bring a teenager to Disney to take care of her dogs. I asked about a LOCAL teenager.

THey may want to look into dropping the dog off in the Disney kennel each day. Yes, it may be expensive, but it would be better than worrying.
I haven't ever heard of a service that has someone come to your 'vehicle' and pet sit.

I would say that I would do it since I petsit, but unfortunately I live in Alabama ;) It will not be hard to find someone to do it, but it won't be cheap either. I contract out through Fetch! Pet Care here in Alabama. Here is a link to the one in Orlando:

http://orlando.fetchpetcare.com/

And here is a link to a list of some other professional pet sitters in the area:

http://www.urbanpet.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=35&Itemid=64

Another option is that they could advertise for a sitter. They could use a site like www.care.com or go on the Orlando Craigslist and post under the "Pets" section. There usually are pet sitters that post on there, but I would definitely check their references! Certainly the least expensive option would be to drop them off for the day at Best Friends kennel for the day. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter