Ashville, NC

KristenCarll

Mouseketeer
Hi all!

My husband has worked for Pratt & Whitney for 12 years, and the company has land in NC with plans to invest $650 million into a new facility. I currently work as an Associate Relations Manager for Hannaford that is owned by Ahold Delhaize that also owns companies like Food Lion. My thought is that if we moved, we can both transfer into similar roles down south.

Do any of you live in the Ashville area? Hoping to get some feedback on some neighboring towns that people like. We would like to take a trip down in the next year to scope things out and see if it would be the right fit for us. We currently live in Maine so being near the mountains is fine. Can anyone say how the weather is throughout the year?

I have wanted to move back to NC for a while now as I lived in the Charlotte area for 12 months in previous years. He always said he did not think he could get a job down south making the money he makes currently. Quite frankly he is a skilled senior tool maker(yes I am bragging- proud wife8-) ), and this would be the perfect opportunity for us.

Thank you! And Happy Holidays! :santa:

Not a lot of advice but my uncle and aunt retired there and love it. Hope you've had a chance to explore and see if it is a good fit for you. Weather is pretty good and the snow will be better than what you are used to in Maine.

Asheville is a nice city, I live about an hour away. You have a mix of transplants and native North Carolinians. Its considered a town that is into the Arts. Beautiful scenery. Mild winter compared to Maine. There are nice areas all around. It’s certainly best to visit and drive around to get a feel for things. Contact an established real estate agent who can help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter