• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ashley & Mike's SOG Wedding -06/25/09 - We're moving! And Randy pics are up!

YaY!! You are getting really close, I'm just a little closer. But I'm telling ya time is going to fly by! I can't wait to see your pics too!

Oh my gosh I'm getting giddy like a little girl just thinking about both of our weddings! I love SOG!!! (especially the price, haha)

Aww, you look beautiful in your dress!!!!!!! I love it! Congrats on finding youf first apartment!!! How exciting!:banana:

Ok I just read your entire PJ and I LOVEEEEE everything. I love the navy blue color!! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! Oh and I love your shoes. :lmao: You will love them!! Your invites are fantastic! I can't wait to see your wedding pics!!

Ashley, you make an absolutly stunning bride. Seriously girl, you look amazing! You made me tear up a little:goodvibes. That dress looks like it was made just for you and (even though you had a slight wardrobe malfunction with it) the veil is gorgeous! I love the detailing at the bottom of it. Absolutly amazing!

And I cannot believe what happened with your DF's account! That is crazy, at least it is all worked out now and you can focus on the wedding.

Congrats on finding your new apartment too! I know what a relief it can be finally realizing you can be settled down and in a new place with your man:thumbsup2 When Dave and I were looking for our 1st place I dragged that poor boy everywhere lol! We finally agreed on a place nearby our parents and stayed there for 2 years before we got our house so I think it is good to be picky. If you are going to be picky I think being picky about where you are going to live is totally acceptable:thumbsup2

And I am heading to the game tonight so GO SOX!!! We are going to make a mighty comeback tonight:goodvibes

Thanks for your compliments! I am actually a little relieved that I had the malfunction at the fitting rather than on the big day. I'm not so graceful but sometimes it helps to take things a little slower and to be more careful.

The whole thing with DF's account is crazy and they are still being a PITA but I know that we will come to an agreement. I totally think I should be compensated for taking the day off work and driving 2 hours to clear DF's name. I feel like such a hero when I put it like that. :rotfl2:

We are going to check out a couple more apts. on Wednesday. I think we both agree on my choice but DF just wants to be sure. So that will be fun. This time he will be taking me around town. :laughing:

I'm glad you had a good time at the game. And I am even more glad that they won! Finally! Go SOX!!!!!

The dress looks absolutely stunning on you!!! You're going to be such a radiant bride! :goodvibes

Thanks! I really really love my dress and I am so happy that my BM's convinced me to try it on. That's a shout out to Britt and Jera just in case your reading!:wave2:

Oh my gosh I'm getting giddy like a little girl just thinking about both of our weddings! I love SOG!!! (especially the price, haha)

I really love the price! I'm so excited that we will be able to do a little more while we are at WDW with the money that we have saved.

Aww, you look beautiful in your dress!!!!!!! I love it! Congrats on finding youf first apartment!!! How exciting!:banana:

Thanks girl! I am even more excited for you that your big day is like right around the corner.

Ok I just read your entire PJ and I LOVEEEEE everything. I love the navy blue color!! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous! Oh and I love your shoes. :lmao: You will love them!! Your invites are fantastic! I can't wait to see your wedding pics!!

Thanks Toni! And thanks soo much for the shoes! :goodvibes I am so glad that the invites are done. I think that at first you get soo excited and then you are like I just want this to be over. I can't wait to share my wedding pics with y'all. Also I'm doing the webcast so you will have to tune in to see those famous shoes in action! :rotfl:

Hey Ashley! So I finally read your whole pj, and it's so cute. The engagement story is ADORABLE! What a great honey. (and I gotta love a Mike, hehe).

I love the dress. It seems so "you" and you look so happy in it! Nice job on finding an awesome seamstress to fix it. DB does seem quite expensive...and I love how they try to get you with the veil and tiara...oh it's 10% off when you buy the dress.:sad2:

And I LOVE those DB bridesmaids dresses. I think that's the style I want to do...actually it's the style I want to own myself :laughing: And nice deal on your sister's dress. Can't beat that.

And I love the Mickey swirls on the cake. You could always think of getting a custom made topper. I want to get one of me and DF dressed as our favorite characters, but we can't decide on which one. Oh well, I've got time.

Nice bonding with future MIL. It's always good to be on their good side. :goodvibes

I'm not a super big baseball fan (that's an understatement) but I have a cute Red Sox story. My brother married a girl from Mass. and she's a fan. So they decided their son would like the Sox, and the NY Giants for football. So they taught him (from a very young age) to go Red Sox YAY!!!!, Yankees Blech!! It's super cute. He's now 5, but he said it long before he knew the meaning. He was like YAY red socks (thinking of socks)...they are the best kind of socks. Haha. He's such a cutie. And he's down in Maryland as well.

Didn't do too much wedding stuff over the weekend but finally DF went with is brothers to do the tux fitting. I was really happy that they decided to do it becasue it should have been done a while ago. But as long as it done that's all that matters. So I went with DF to begin but the Men's wearhouse took forever so I had to go to work plus I think that DF wanted to do it with his brothers on their own. So here are a couple pics from that.

Here is me showing them how to document an event. Well actually my FBIL took a pic of me taking a pic of him taking a pic. :rotfl2: Now say that 10 times fast!
n1088456347_412451_602015.jpg

And here are a couple of pics of the Groomsmen doing their thing:
n1088456347_412456_5719540.jpg
n1088456347_412460_6675882.jpg
n1088456347_412459_8280863.jpg

On to the decor...

So just in case you all forgot, this is the gazebo @ Shades of Green (Isn't it beautiful! :love:) :
gazebo-1.jpg

Ok so anyways I am going to have Disney floral decorate the entrance with tulle like this:
gazebodecor.jpg

But instead of the floral clusters I am going to use the mickey pomanders that I used. I like them cuz they give it a little Mickey flair. Also it saves me a little money. This is the one that I made. I already posted this pic a while ago on one of the threads but I am artistically challenged and very proud of myself so I figured I would post it again!
Photo177.jpg

Thanks for tuning in.... 65 days left! YaY!!!!

Your venue is so amazing Ash! I love the gazebo it is so elegant, the swag will look really nice at the enterence.

So did they decide on the tux in the pics? I love how you gave them a course in "DisPics 101" at MW :lmao:

Your venue is so amazing Ash! I love the gazebo it is so elegant, the swag will look really nice at the enterence.

So did they decide on the tux in the pics? I love how you gave them a course in "DisPics 101" at MW :lmao:

Actually I don't know. :rotfl2: My FBIL sent me the pics and I guess I just assumed they did. DF is wearing his dress blues so he doesn't have to worry about a tux but it would probably help if I found out about the rest of them. I was very very very happy that they took pics! I told them that I needed them for the disboards and they just laughed. FBIL said that he was going to find the warner brothers boards or universal boards and post them there first. :rotfl:. He cracks me up.

HAHAHA universal boards or Warner bros boards- those kinda boards WISHED they was as good as the DIS!!

Once again, the gazebo is amazing- to be honest, even if you didnt have any decorations it would look amazing, its one of those venues where you are lucky because it doesnt need any decorating but those tulle decorations are too lush eh! that mickey head is too good!

Didn't do too much wedding stuff over the weekend but finally DF went with is brothers to do the tux fitting. I was really happy that they decided to do it becasue it should have been done a while ago. But as long as it done that's all that matters. So I went with DF to begin but the Men's wearhouse took forever so I had to go to work plus I think that DF wanted to do it with his brothers on their own. So here are a couple pics from that.

Here is me showing them how to document an event. Well actually my FBIL took a pic of me taking a pic of him taking a pic. :rotfl2: Now say that 10 times fast!
n1088456347_412451_602015.jpg

And here are a couple of pics of the Groomsmen doing their thing:
n1088456347_412456_5719540.jpg
n1088456347_412460_6675882.jpg
n1088456347_412459_8280863.jpg

On to the decor...

So just in case you all forgot, this is the gazebo @ Shades of Green (Isn't it beautiful! :love:) :
gazebo-1.jpg

Ok so anyways I am going to have Disney floral decorate the entrance with tulle like this:
gazebodecor.jpg

But instead of the floral clusters I am going to use the mickey pomanders that I used. I like them cuz they give it a little Mickey flair. Also it saves me a little money. This is the one that I made. I already posted this pic a while ago on one of the threads but I am artistically challenged and very proud of myself so I figured I would post it again!
Photo177.jpg

Ashley, I have a question....which entrance are you having decorated? I'm puzzeled about which one to hang the tulle on, the one with the two short posts in front of it, or the one with openings on either side with no railing? :confused3 Do you know which one you're going to do?

Actually I don't know. :rotfl2: My FBIL sent me the pics and I guess I just assumed they did. DF is wearing his dress blues so he doesn't have to worry about a tux but it would probably help if I found out about the rest of them. I was very very very happy that they took pics! I told them that I needed them for the disboards and they just laughed. FBIL said that he was going to find the warner brothers boards or universal boards and post them there first. :rotfl:. He cracks me up.

:rotfl2: oh what a silly boy! There are no other boards lol! Your DF will look great in his blues (and hey not having to deal with a rental:thumbsup2 in my book). As long as the rest all show up in something not (ie. not mickey ears and t's lol) you'll be fine lol!:lmao:

Photo177.jpg

Yay on the tux fitting. And I love the pomander!! and that mickey flair

Hey ladies! Just found out that I have to move out of my house by tomorrow! long long long story! Everything is soo crazy right now so I am going to try to log on either tomorrow or sometime this weekend. It will probably be more like this weekend! Thanks for all of your comments and I will reply to them soon! Chow for now ladies! And I am sooo freakin excited about our DIS-meet. If I can just get through this whole crazy moving ordeal. Wish me luck!

Hey ladies! Just found out that I have to move out of my house by tomorrow! long long long story! Everything is soo crazy right now so I am going to try to log on either tomorrow or sometime this weekend. It will probably be more like this weekend! Thanks for all of your comments and I will reply to them soon! Chow for now ladies! And I am sooo freakin excited about our DIS-meet. If I can just get through this whole crazy moving ordeal. Wish me luck!

Ahhhhh! That is crazy Ash! Let me know if you need anything, moving is a PITA for sure:eek:. Hope everyhting is ok, here is some pixie dust for a safe and successful move pixiedust:

that's crazy! I'm moving in a month and I'm hyperventilating never mind moving out today. Yikes. hope is goes well!

I am also confused as to which side of the gazeebo is for the wedding, do they have the guests sit on the side with the wooden patio, or the side with the stone?

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mickey Pomanders :) Who is making your cake?

Good luck with the move (sigh) I HATE moving

I finally had a chance to read your entire pj, and I have to say that you and your DF are a totally adorable couple! Your proposal story is awesome. I wish my DH was that creative. He gets nervous and shy when it comes to that sort of stuff.

Did you finally get a new ring? I have to tell you - don't have kids either when it comes to jewelry. :rotfl:My DD got into my jewelry box one day and lost my promise ring. It isn't worth much, so it wasn't insured, but it had a lot of sentimental value. I had taken it off at night and put it in there, and the next morning I woke up to see my DD playing in my jewelry. We found everything except for that ring. I know that it is in my house somewhere, but I probably will never find it until we move!

Oooh - maybe you will find yours this weekend. Here's some pixie dust to help you with your move.pixiedust:

Everything seems like it is coming along. Your dress is absolutely perfect for you, and I am totally jealous of your venue! It is going to be great! I can't wait to hear more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter