Ashley & Mike's SOG Wedding -06/25/09 - We're moving! And Randy pics are up!

Hi there, I saw your post about wedding troubles and I wanted to lend my moral support! Turns out I actually have more to say than just that.

I think with your friend you just need to bring it up with her that you're worried about her and about her ability to keep up with everything she has commited to, and that you need to know what's going on and that you can trust her. It sucks, but this is not something to have hanging over your head.

With the engagement ring? Mine disappeared under "mysterious circumstances" just a little while after our first anniversary. It was horrible, but after getting it replaced, we are mostly okay with it, since it's this new ring that will hopefully become the family heirloom type thing. So yeah. I feel your pain and I am so sorry you are going through this!

Thanks it really helps! I feel really bad about my friend because I know if I just go with either Ana or Patricia I won't really have anything to worry about but I just want to give her a chance to have a disney vacation.

The whole ring thing isn't so fun. :sad2: But I'm hoping we will find it under a seat cushion or in a corner in the basement somewhere. The insurance people said that the cat probably got it or something. I told DF that I won't be able to have a cat for a very long time. :rotfl2: Thanks for your support I really appreciate it!

Your missing ring reminds me of a friend who has two ferrets. They take everything and hide it! I'm sorry you lost your ring though. I understand the sentimental part and I hope you find it soon!

Like someone else said, just talk to your friend and see what she has to say. I can't believe how close your wedding is getting though. It's going to be here in no time!

Your missing ring reminds me of a friend who has two ferrets. They take everything and hide it! I'm sorry you lost your ring though. I understand the sentimental part and I hope you find it soon!

Like someone else said, just talk to your friend and see what she has to say. I can't believe how close your wedding is getting though. It's going to be here in no time!

Note to self: No ferrets for a while either. :rotfl2: Just Kidding. That is crazy that pets do stuff like that. I hope I find it. But I'm just glad that we have insurance.

I'm going to talk to my friend but I think that I'm am just going to go with Ana @ Beaute Speciale. She knows what she is doing and she is dependable. I was telling DF that I already have enough to stress about and one more thing just isn't really necessary. But we'll see what happens.

And I can't believe it is getting so close either. I just made a couple of ADR's and I was like YaY!!!!! Less than 90 days to go! Your wedding will be coming up before you know it!

Wow Ashley - I'm sorry all that is going on. I think you're going to be doing a good thing for going ahead with Ana. You def. don't need to be stressing over that. And what if she does drop out - you would be left desperately searching.

And I'm so sad about your ring. :sad2: EEK!

You've got alot going for you though which is good to balance the craziness. Esp the DF and the dress! OMG - I'm so happy (first I'm happy then, I'm sad - this is a very polarizing post!LOL!) about that for you. That rocks!! :thumbsup2

Hi Ashley...first of all...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's so exciting that you can't fit into your wedding dress! :laughing: In a good way! :rotfl: I'm really proud of the way you've been sticking to it.

I agree with the other posters about your makeup...I'd just go ahead an book with Beaute Speciale. You can always tell your friend that you want her to be there for you, and her not have to worry about makeup and stuff. (Like you're doing her a favor!) :goodvibes You really, really, need someone you can count on 100%

I'm so sorry you can't find your ring. :confused: It'll probably show up in the strangest place (the day after you get back from your Honeymoon, of course!) Hang in there kiddo, I know it must be so upsetting.

Wow Ashley - I'm sorry all that is going on. I think you're going to be doing a good thing for going ahead with Ana. You def. don't need to be stressing over that. And what if she does drop out - you would be left desperately searching.

And I'm so sad about your ring. :sad2: EEK!

You've got alot going for you though which is good to balance the craziness. Esp the DF and the dress! OMG - I'm so happy (first I'm happy then, I'm sad - this is a very polarizing post!LOL!) about that for you. That rocks!! :thumbsup2

Thanks Meg! I am really bummed about the ring but I'm still hoping it will turn up. And I am so excited about the dress! I have my first dress fitting on Saturday and I was telling my mom that I knew it wasn't going to be a bit tight when I zipped it up but I still have time. And then she jut zipped it up and I was like YaY!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Hi Ashley...first of all...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's so exciting that you can't fit into your wedding dress! :laughing: In a good way! :rotfl: I'm really proud of the way you've been sticking to it.

I agree with the other posters about your makeup...I'd just go ahead an book with Beaute Speciale. You can always tell your friend that you want her to be there for you, and her not have to worry about makeup and stuff. (Like you're doing her a favor!) :goodvibes You really, really, need someone you can count on 100%

I'm so sorry you can't find your ring. :confused: It'll probably show up in the strangest place (the day after you get back from your Honeymoon, of course!) Hang in there kiddo, I know it must be so upsetting.

Thanks Kel. I am really happy about the dress too! I think that it was causing a bit of stress not being able to fit into it perfectly so now that's something else I don't have to worry about . :cheer2:

I think your right about the makeup. I really need someone that I don't have to stress about and I know will be there!

Also the ring probably will show up right after the honeymoon. :laughing: Because that is just the way things happen.

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding! I am sorry you lost your engagement ring! I hope it turns up soon!

I totally feel you on the ring thing.

Two years ago on our first Disney cruise I ended up losing my high school and college rings. Basically they got knocked into the trash in the room and the trash was emptied and incinerated before I realized it :scared1:

Needless to say now whenever I take off my ring it goes straight into its ring box!

Hopefully yours will turn up and it's not a pile of molten gold like my college ring is :sad2:

But yey for the dress being too big! That is beyond awesome! :thumbsup2

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding! I am sorry you lost your engagement ring! I hope it turns up soon!

Thanks! I hope it does too. As Kelly said it will probably turn up the day we get back from our honeymoon. :rotfl:

I totally feel you on the ring thing.

Two years ago on our first Disney cruise I ended up losing my high school and college rings. Basically they got knocked into the trash in the room and the trash was emptied and incinerated before I realized it :scared1:

Needless to say now whenever I take off my ring it goes straight into its ring box!

Hopefully yours will turn up and it's not a pile of molten gold like my college ring is :sad2:

But yey for the dress being too big! That is beyond awesome! :thumbsup2

Oh that's too bad about your rings. I think that part of what makes it so frusturating is that I used to put the ring in the box when I wen't to bed because I didn't like wearing it when I sleep. So now I still have the ring box sitting on my desk and nothing in it. :sad2: But it's ok I have filed the claim with the insurance people so I should have my new one soon. And this one I will super glue to my finger!!! :laughing:

Thanks everyone for your support. This whole ring thing really got me upset but I'm getting married in about 2 1/2 months and I still have some things to do! So I'm moving on... Hopefully without losing anything else. :laughing:

Thanks everyone for your support. This whole ring thing really got me upset but I'm getting married in about 2 1/2 months and I still have some things to do! So I'm moving on... Hopefully without losing anything else. :laughing:

Does your mind count? :rotfl:

Not too much to update you on. I have a couple of things going on this week so I figured I would send an update your way. Thanks for reading!

My family is planning on moving this month, at first Mom didn't factor me in to the room count, and I freaked a little, but then she thought about it and she realized that she wanted to have somewhere for me and DF to stay just in case. I don't know if anyone else has dealt with this but I finally realized that after June I'm not going to be my momma's little girl. It was definitely a weird feeling.

So this week I have a couple of things going on! First...
:woohoo::dance3: IT'S SPRING BREAK!!!:dance3: :woohoo:
I am so excited. And not because I am going anywhere special, but the break will be a great time for me to take care of wedding stuff and not feel like I'm forgetting to do something with school stuff.

I am also having my first dress fitting this Saturday. I am using a local seamstress and her work is great and she is such a sweetheart. Plus she charges about half of what David's Bridal charges and any bit helps. :thumbsup2

So I don't know if I mentioned this but I went to pick-up DF's ring about a week ago and when it came it was too big. I guess who every sized his finger didn't factor in the comfort fit. :confused3 But anyways I actually just got a call while writing this that his ring is available to be picked up! :goodvibes: So I will have a pic of that later.

Oh and last but not least I got a package in the mail and it was from Disney Floral Department.:yay::yay: I get really excited When something from Disney comes in the mail! So I open it up and there are 20 mickey crystals. Originally I wanted to have my bouquet made by WDW but then I realized that it was really expensive and could have someone make my bouquet for a lot cheaper. When I told them this and that I really wanted Mickey crystals Rose said that she could make some and send them to me! I know I probably could have made some myself but this was just a whole lot easier.

So that's all for now! Thanks for tuning in!
:tinker: Have a magical day!pixiedust:

Catching up on PJ's today, and I just have to tell you how sorry I am about your ring. That is no fun, at least you were smart enough to insure it. My friend accidentaly flushed her ring down the toilet... her fiance was not too pleased because she decided she didn't need insurance on it yet when it happened... so her new ring is much smaller then her original because he couldn't afford another big ring and a wedding. So thankfully yours is insured and taken care of in that aspect.

Thats awesome that you got mickey crystals in the mail, what a great idea! Now you can have your own florist make it for you, awesome!:cheer2:

Just wanted to post a couple of pics....

Me and Mike (DF) finally finished invitations over the weekend. Well they were for the most already finished but we just had to put them together. We made them very simple with a little disney flair. Here are a couple of pics:

P1010743-1.jpg
P1010744.jpg

and one thing Mikey had to have was the wax seals which came out pretty good:

P1010748.jpg

I love the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a DIY project. :goodvibes Now I just have to make time to finish the pomanders.

Very nice invites!! When are you mailing them out?

Thanks! We are sending them out tomorrow. Me and DF have to go to target to finish our registry first. Which we are doing tomorrow as well. I already have a good idea of who is coming and who is not because people have been calling and what not so for me I think this is just a formality. I am so happy that we decided to go with a small wedding! :goodvibes

Ashley, you're dress is beautiful and congrats on it being a tad big! I totally understand with going with a local seamstress. Ever since my oldest sis got married in 2002, we've skipped the bridal store alterations at go to a taylor in the area that is much MUCH more affordable! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your ring. It really is a bummer, but like Sam said, at least it was insured!

Your invites look great! I love the wax seal!

invites look great!

Thanks! I had a friend say they were a little to Disney. I had a very puzzled look on my face and that's when I said well you know I'm getting married at WDW. :rotfl2:

Ashley, you're dress is beautiful and congrats on it being a tad big! I totally understand with going with a local seamstress. Ever since my oldest sis got married in 2002, we've skipped the bridal store alterations at go to a taylor in the area that is much MUCH more affordable! :thumbsup2

Sorry to hear about your ring. It really is a bummer, but like Sam said, at least it was insured!

Your invites look great! I love the wax seal!

Thanks! I am soo excited about the dress and I think that when you go to a local seamstress it is a lot more personal. Also I'm all about pumping money into the local economy! I will have to tell DF that you said that you love the wax seal. I just thought of it as such a pain! But they ended up coming out great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter