Ashley & Mike's SOG Wedding -06/25/09 - We're moving! And Randy pics are up!

DISNEYMAGIC2005

DIS Veteran
Finally finally finally! I have been telling myself for over a month now that I was going to start this and now finally I am. So I am already very far into my planning but I figured better late than never! Oh and I'm not the best at writing but no more excuses! I am going to do this!

Our Story....

So me and DF have been dating since June/July 2006. My brother became friends with him at work and I guess brought him home one day to introduce him to my sister. He was trying to get them together. OK so I know what you may be thinking.... Umm she stole him from her sister? :confused: But just follow me here. I'm definitely not that type of girl. :angel: So we all went out to a local amusement park and I think they may have gone on a date or two. So after there second date my sister realized that her best friend was really into her. So she decided to pursue that. No hurt feelings we were all really good friends and all of us hung out from time to time. So when my sister decided to go back to school to do a summer class it was just me and Mikey! As the weeks passed I started falling for him and the night that I kind of wanted to tell him, he told me that he had joined the Marine Corps. :sad2: My heart sunk! Was I really that horrible that I forced a man to join the military to get away from me... :rotfl2: So anyways we started dating like one week before he went to boot camp. Our first date was white water rafting and it was AMAZING! And then he left. It was really hard with him in boot camp but we sent letters back and forth and we made it through. I have to admit I was really worried about boot camp changing him but when he got out he was still the same guy. Here are a couple pics: (Gotta love a man in uniform :love: )

sweet.jpg
both.jpg

So now fast forward about two and a half years later............

Our Engagement...

It was my birthday weekend last November. I turned 23. Didn't really think anything special of it. But boy was I in for a surprise. So it started off at the Marine Corps Ball on Friday November 7th. It was so much fun! I made a big deal about getting all dressed up and I work at a spa so I got my hair and makeup done there! So we went to the ball and had a great dinner I met some of DF's fellow marines and spent the night in Quantico, VA. (That's where he is currently based.)

n1016493163_202169_5363.jpg

So after the ball, DF told me that we were going out to dinner for my birthday and that I should pick a restaurant. So it was picked and then of course the day of the weather was cold and we were going to the harbor so I did what any girl would do... I complained. :laughing: I told him that I didn't want to go and that it was cold and we could go another time. Well he wasn't having it and we went. :rotfl: So we got there and we ate a McCormick and Schmick's. The food was really great but the service was terrible. And apparently when DF made the reservation he told them that he was going to propose afterwards and it was my birthday and the service was still terrible. Shame on them. :sad2: So DF told me that we had to go to the water to open my gifts. I told him we could open them in the car but he insisted. I again complained because it was FREEZING and I was wearing my little black dress and opened toed shoes and it was FREEZING! So again he said we were going to the harbor and we went. At this point I was a little frustrated because it was cold but I went. We walked down to the place where we had our like 3rd or 4th date. I completely forgot about it until we got there and I thought it looked familiar.

Down at the harbor he had 3 boxes. Each box was labeled past, present, and future. So when I saw this I got excited but last time I got excited about a ring I get a necklace instead. So I tried to be calm.

So the first card said in this box are hearts with our past memories on them. So I opened the box and there were these:

Photo183.jpg

There was a memory of our past two and half years together on each heart. There were 23 of them because of my 23rd birthday. A couple of the things were the scene from the movie during our first kiss, our first date when we went white water rafting, and our first trip to disney when everything was not very magical. :rotfl2:

The second card said present and the note said something like, “In this box is your actual birthday present happy birthday!” There were some candies and a couple books. It was very cute. One of the books was mad-libs of love. Which was really cute because I hadn't done those since I was little. At this point I look up at him and he had a tear roll down his cheek and I was like “hey man you o.k.?” And he just nodded and said that he was really happy. So I went on to the next box.

The third box. The card was labeled future. At this point I peeked in the box just to see if there was a ring but there was nothing. And the card said, “In this box you will find blank hearts that we can create our future memories on.” So I opened the box to find blank hearts. So at this point I got up to thing DF for the best birthday ever and he was done on one knee. And then I just about lost it. He asked me to marry him and I just hugged him and was screaming a little and freakin out. And then he asked me if that meant yes. And I said yes. It was really really really sweet and romantic and AMAZING. At that point I was crying a little and I realized that I was cold so we went back to the car and began to call all of our friends and family!

So that's all for now. Thanks for sticking around for our long engagement story. It is definitely one of my favorite stories. More to come later tonight!

Awww Ashley, I am glad you started a PJ! Such a great e-story, you have a great guy on your hands for sure! Cannot wait to read more. You guys a such a great looking couple:goodvibes

Yay!! You started your PJ!! :banana: Nice start, and very romantic proposal...can't wait to see your wedding plans!

P.S. Gotta love a man in uniform!! :hug:

Awww Ashley, I am glad you started a PJ! Such a great e-story, you have a great guy on your hands for sure! Cannot wait to read more. You guys a such a great looking couple:goodvibes

Thanks Sam! He is such a great guy and he is a SOX fans!

Yay!! You started your PJ!! :banana: Nice start, and very romantic proposal...can't wait to see your wedding plans!

P.S. Gotta love a man in uniform!! :hug:

YAY! I finally started...

I don't know what it is about a man in uniform but it is a beautiful thing!

So we're getting married! YAY!!!! Ever since I was a little girl I knew that I wanted to have a DFTW. I did the college program a couple years ago and went to one of the DFTW seminars that they have and I fell in love all over again. So when DF proposed I think the second thing after I said Yes was, “We're going to Disney World!” :rotfl:

So I called DFTW and everything was a little out of our price range but I figured we had time to save up and it was fine. Little did I know that DF wanted to get married pretty soon! His time to get orders is coming up and he wanted me to be listed on them. So I went from planning 18 months out to about 6 ½ months out. I freaked! :scared1: And then I thought we can do this. So we then checked out Shades of Green. I knew there was a military resort but I wasn't sure about pricing. I have never been there or stayed there but I've heard wonderful things about it! Also when they started to slash 0's off of the price of a DFTW there was no question. :thumbsup2 We were to be married at Shades of Green. And the great thing about it is that it is combining our two worlds. For me the Disney side and for him the Marine Corps side.

So first off SOG is a short walk from the Poly. Here is a map for all of you who haven't been there.

SOG-DIS.jpg

We are getting “hitched” on June 25th, 2009 @ 2 p.m. in the Gazebo. We are expecting to have about 30 people. Originally we were going to have a cocktail reception to follow but because of a drop in our numbers and this crazy economy we have just decided to do an escape style wedding and an @ home reception. I was really bummed about this but I know that my friends and family understand that times are tight and what's really important is that we are married. Plus this opens up the possibility of of a DFTVR in the future. :goodvibes

Some pics a friend of mine took when she was at SOG:
WDW_12_08018.jpg
gazebo.jpg
WDW_12_08068.jpg

Thanks for reading!

You have such a cute story! I love shades of green - the pictures are so pretty!!! I can't believe June is coming up sooo soon! Do you have your dressed and all of hte details picked out yet?????

I want to hear more!

You have such a cute story! I love shades of green - the pictures are so pretty!!! I can't believe June is coming up sooo soon! Do you have your dressed and all of hte details picked out yet?????

I want to hear more!

Thanks! I feel like it was just yesterday I got engaged and now I'm getting married in three months. AHHH!!!!!!!!

Well if he is Sox fan then he is DEF a keeper!!!:rotfl2:

SOG sounds amazing, it looks so pretty, the gazebo is gorgeous, it will be a perfect ceremony:goodvibes

Our colors are navy blue and pink with silver accents.

Our rings:

My ring is an aquamarine. I have always wanted this stone. I love how it's a pale blue and how the color really pops against the diamonds on my wedding band. DF's is Tungsten with a diamond in the middle and the funky design on the sides.

BR30400300_200zoom.jpg
AB03400700_160.jpg
051012401_MV_PD.jpg

I got my dress at David's Bridal.

Here is the stock photo:
9v9364_primary.jpg

Here are a couple of my pics:

p_00045.jpg
p_00041.jpg

I am also wearing the veil that is in the picture. Excuse my hair for being a hot mess! I wasn't planning on finding my dress that day! :laughing: and my tiara believe or not I got it from walmart. I don't have a pic of it but I have a pic of my wearing it as I was pretending to be princess of my home. But apparently in Ashley's home princesses still have to do dishes. :laughing:
MyPicture.jpg

BRIDESMAIDS DRESSES
We are having 1 MOH and 2 bridesmaid. Also we are having 2 Best Men and 2 groomsmen. I haven't found my sisters (MOH) dress.

THE BM's dresses are both going to be navy blue. Here is a pic:

s09_f13277_canary_2accpsdxmlcmp-col.jpg

HOPE TO ADD MORE TOMORROW!

YAY! You started a PJ! I'm so excited. I can't believe your wedding is only 3 months away. You must be super excited. I love the dress by the way! Can't wait to read more!

So I picked my vendors as soon as I was new I was getting married at WDW which was like at the 7 month mark. A couple of my friends were like I can't believe you've chosen them already but I know that when you get married at WDW it's important to get the goods early! So here are my choices:

PHOTO - So Randy Chapman is going to be our photographer. With my DF being a photographer for the Marine Corps, this was one of the things that he really cared about. I had chosen someone else but once DF saw Randy's work he was basically told me that Randy was going to be our photographer.

VIDEO - STVS is going to be doing our video. His work is really great and I love the fact that he has the live webcasting, which we will be doing because everyone can't make it down to WDW.

HAIR/MAKEUP - Ana from Beaute Speciale. This is the one thing that I am a little worried about but I'm sure it will all work out. I am not going to be able to come down to FL for a trial run, but I have seen her work and I know it will be great.

CAKE - BAKE ME A CAKE pastry shop and bakery. I found them on the knot and the guy there was so nice to me. Again without being able to go down for a tasting made it a little difficult but can you really go wrong with raspberry and chocolate gnache. We were having a really hard time finding a bi-racial cake topper and DF didn't want to go with Mickey and Minnie so we put a little something different.

These cakes were a little bit of inspiration:

weddingcake06.jpg
weddingcake25.jpg
0844_2058.jpg

I love the ribbons on the first one, the swirlies on the top of the second cake for our cake topper and the mickey swirls will be incorporated on the cake. Oh and there will be polka dots incorporated somehow. Polka dot is our safe word so if an argument gets to be to much or if we're goofing around and it gets to serious we say polka dot and that's what makes it stops. I know it sound really weird but that is just our word.

I told the bakery shop to have fun with it and make it look great. They told me that if something starts to not look right they will call and we can figure it out there. I think that I am the most excited about that! I love to eat!:lmao:

I am getting married 2 days before you at Shades of Green but on the veranda. I am having about 25 people and we are going to Animal Kingdom for the Summer Safari and Karibu Dinner.

I am getting married 2 days before you at Shades of Green but on the veranda. I am having about 25 people and we are going to Animal Kingdom for the Summer Safari and Karibu Dinner.

Oh that is so fun! How long will you staying? I remember I pmed you when I decided to have a wedding at WDW and you told me about the animal kingdom thing. Me and DF decided to stay at AKL for the last two days of our honeymoon. So we are really excited!

You and your DF are so cute!! Shades of Green looks beautiful! I've never seen pics of it before!!! Your dress is beautiful!!!

Oh that is so fun! How long will you staying? I remember I pmed you when I decided to have a wedding at WDW and you told me about the animal kingdom thing. Me and DF decided to stay at AKL for the last two days of our honeymoon. So we are really excited!

I will be at Shades, June 18 to July 2. :)

Hey Ashley!

I have just read you post on my pj and realised that you have written to me a lot and i have been soooo bad and havent seen your pj!! Well, yours is new and its great!

I cant believe your proposal story - very similar to mine with the memorable place that Ashley proposed, the first place you had a date. Wayne proposed to me in the same place where we had our first kiss 1000 days prior to him proposing. hehe!! When i read that little heart he put in the first box, it made me go all funny- it was so cute (like ya know, i felt the waterworks brewing!) and it was so cute that it was on that special night of his and your birthday and too funny about you was complaining!! (same as me- if you have read mine, i was moaning because i had to meet him unexpectedly wearing old clothes, no make up, not washed, not bushed teeth ect! hahaha)

You guys are a really good looking couple too, and you look so cute and happy and content in your photos!!! Show more photos of you both together you are too cute!

I think SOG weddings sound fab, shame i cannot have one! I was driven past the SOG resort when i met Diane the DFTW sales coordinator drove us round our site visit! It appeals to me because of the great discounts! (always looking for a bargain me!)

I love your dress, thats great you found it in your first trip- (again same as me-well it was the second shop i had gone to in the day and i found the dress straight away!) and you look great in it- did you have to order it made to fit, because in the photo is looks like it fits you great already! Way hay yeah for the Walmart tiara! Darn i love that place (i am wierd, i HAVE to go there when i go on holiday to Orlando!!)

So yeah, i love your plans so far! I cant believe you are doing it all in 6months! You are clearly mental gal!! hehe!! I am (as well as alllllll the girls on here) are here for ya if you need any help or advice!

(ps thanks for the get well posts you sent me!! x:flower3:)

So I need your advice.

So I told my BM's that they could wear whatever dress that wanted to as long as it was navy blue. So to my surprise they picked the same one. So I guess I just assumed that my lil sis, would do the same but she doesn't like it. So I was ok with that and I told her that we could go to the store and pick out a different ones and that it was fine. So I'm happy she's happy and everyone is happy just how i like it! ;) So this past weekend my mom went to the thrift store, which she absolutely loves to do, and found a dress that she said that my sister could wear. So at first I am thinking.... she got a MOH dress from a thrift store.... this should be good. :laughing: And then I saw it and I think I like it but I don't know. My sister is the maid of honor so she can wear her own style right? But what do you think?

These are the BM dresses:
s09_f13277_canary_2accpsdxmlcmp-col.jpg

And this is the dress for my MOH :
P1010721.jpg

Here is the link to what it actually looks like on a person:

http://bridal.threaddesign.com/press/wpics.php?id=24

The dress is dark blue but with a darker navy blue trim so the trim would match the BM dresses. I know that it is longer so I would have to get it taken up at the waist. But hey for 10 bucks from a thrift store you can't beat it. I would love to know your opinion. I think that the dress is beautiful I just don't know if it goes. Thanks!

SO what do ya think? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter