As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

Did we chat about your resort options on another thread?

The pool area is *much* better at WL, so if that matters to you, definitely take that into consideration. it looks like they have a really fun kids play area at AKL Kidani, but we didn’t enjoy it. The only slide in that area was a *dry* slide! Dry slides and wet bottoms do not mix!

Check out the WL kid’s splash pad on YouTube - my kids could play there all day! (And there is bar service from Geyser Point!)

We take the boat to MK whether we are going to MK or jumping on the monorail (must swap to Epcot line @ at TTC), so very preferable for us with two in a stroller. If you don’t want to collapse the stroller, you do need to wait for the accessible boat, but in our experience every other boat was accessible - worth the extra 15ish minutes for us - and the dock is a very relaxing place - bring bubbles and your little will be happy as a clam!
We didn’t! Those were two of the reasons I was considering switching again. I’m expecting doing quite a bit of pool time since it will be September. I’ll definitely check out a video. Thank you so much! This was super helpful.

Maybe we’ll try AKL when she’s older and will remember it, other than pictures.

We have had 3 trips of a week or more there - it is kind of our favorite resort!

Doing a split stay for our next vacation with 2-days at WL followed by our first stay at Riviera (totally excited about that - fantastic splash pad there, too!), but when it was time for us to book our first post-pan trip to Disney, I knew where we had to stay first 😍

Last edited:
I am trying to get some nights at a mono resort in November. I keep checking throughout the day and nothing!

However as we get close to the 60 package cancel time frame and conventions release rooms things will start to move.

If you see something, grab it. You can always CHANGE that again!
Me too! I want to go in November more than I want to go in Sept.
Any more specific ideas as to when rooms will be released? I haven't even booked anything yet because there is nothing much to be had~
And I'm checking every day too. Not picky as to the dates, but would love to do a party then too. And be on the monorail.

Me too! I want to go in November more than I want to go in Sept.
Any more specific ideas as to when rooms will be released? I haven't even booked anything yet because there is nothing much to be had~
And I'm checking every day too. Not picky as to the dates, but would love to do a party then too. And be on the monorail.
I generally start seeing movement inside 90 days with the closer to 60 it really gets crazy.

Wish us all luck!

Yes to that!! And another consideration for me is that the Christmas decs have started to go up and that means waiting til at least mid-November.
I have been looking and looking over the last few weeks for availability at Contemporary for our dates in November. Surprisingly this morning two room types were available. Could be a coincidence or maybe things will start to become more available. Now we need a discount announcement for the end of the year!!

So with the AP rates released yesterday, I decided to book POFQ for our last night. Just couldn't justify paying double for Wilderness Lodge (although I did casually mention the option to DH). I think we'll just have to go to Whispering Canyon some night and at least look around. "Final" plans:
12/6 Towneplace Suites, Flamingo Crossing (needed to book one night through UT to get 1/2 price car rental
12/7-12/13 Swan
12/13-12/14 POFQ

Had the urge to bump this thread and see if any of the OG's are still on here. It's been YEARS since I've logged on here, LOL
I was the last one to post and I'm still here! I was thinking of bumping the other day, too! I've had a couple trips since (and lots of resort changing, lol). I changed my upcoming trip last week. We had one night booked at All Star Music for early entry two days and I just changed it to Pop Century. Other than that we are staying offsite during our upcoming trip in April.

Hi! Need some advice for the upcoming race weekend. I currently have two hotels booked Friday to Sunday (we are running in the 10 miler on Sunday!), All Star Movies Preferred and Dolphin Double No View. The Dolphin is an extra $200 for the weekend compared to All Stars, but I have Marriott status and would likely get a nice room upgrade. After the race we are going to transfer to CL at Gran Destino Tower. Do I keep the Dolphin? Do I save the $200 at stick to all stars? Decisions decisions.

Hi! Need some advice for the upcoming race weekend. I currently have two hotels booked Friday to Sunday (we are running in the 10 miler on Sunday!), All Star Movies Preferred and Dolphin Double No View. The Dolphin is an extra $200 for the weekend compared to All Stars, but I have Marriott status and would likely get a nice room upgrade. After the race we are going to transfer to CL at Gran Destino Tower. Do I keep the Dolphin? Do I save the $200 at stick to all stars? Decisions decisions.
I've stayed several times at the Swan and absolutely love the easy access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. I haven't seen many reports of Marriott status upgrades. In fact people with Platinum and Titanium report very rarely getting any sort of upgrade. That being said, Dolphin is definitely more of a deluxe-level resort compared to All Star Movies as only a value. Your room size and amenities will be nicer at the Dolphin, as well as your food choices but if those facts and the proximity to Ep/HS aren't a priority, I would save the $. Personally I'd choose Dolphin over All Stars any time I could afford it.

I like the rooms better at Dolphin and would make the switch for $200. Indoor hallways make them quieter and you don’t have the window AC situation, it’s a proper hotel room instead of motel room.

Yeah.. as far as status be happy with your food voucher (but realize it won’t cover much)- I’m assuming you are Plat or higher as you’re expecting an upgrade- but expect no room upgrade and be pleasantly surprised if you get any sort of upgrade at all. Swan and Dolphin are notorious for being very bad about elite upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter