Artist Point - WL - character breakfast ? October 2018 ?

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by pooh2001, Jul 9, 2018.

1. pooh2001

pooh2001 been there, done that, TRYING to go back

I have read Artist Point at the WL may turn into a character meal.
    What native american characters do you think may be there ?

Pocahontas and Brother Bear characters ?

Artist Point is now just dinner - would they add a breakfast and/or lunch ?

I would love to see characters at Artist Point.
    I think WL is our next resort (revisit from many years ago)

2. I❤️Disney

I❤️Disney Mouseketeer

Oooh Pocahontas would be amazing!! Correct me if I’m wrong but she isn’t at any other character meal. Tiger Lilly would be pretty cool too.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

Probably just Mickey and Friends in thematic attire though if they did Pocahontas I’d go in a heartbeat

5. CaptainKat

CaptainKat Mouseketeer

WL *is* the only MK-area resort without a character meal of some sort. I could definitely see a breakfast, though I think they'd want to be careful of cannibalizing the numbers at the others. So you wouldn't want just Mickey and Friends because of the overlap with Chef Mickey's. Pocahontas would be cool as a princess option, wouldn't directly compete with the other breakfast options in the area (since 1900 isn't Cinderella until dinner), and you could bring back Meeko and possibly Koda and Kenai from Brother Bear as a draw for the rare character buffs. You could also probably do a Pixar mix with Woody and Jessie and Russell and Doug without being too off theme.

6. pooh2001

pooh2001 been there, done that, TRYING to go back

sounds good - anyone else want to write in ?
    Maybe WDW will read this and get some great idea's for Roaring Forks characters ;)

7. mikebb

mikebb Mouseketeer

Not sure how to feel about this. We liked Artist Point and always thought that it was underrated. I would hate to see the quality go down in favor of churning out meals to people who will buy the experience of a character meal regardless of the food.

At the same time if this comes to fruition I can see why, from Disney's standpoint at least. Hopefully if so, they will do a breakfast or breakfast/lunch, and leave dinner as a Signature experience.

halfpintpeggy and MuppetFan418 like this.
  8. KYMickey

KYMickey Adding EARS to Kentucky!

That's exactly our opinion, it was one of the more secluded quiet signature restaurants in WDW which is one of the reasons we really loved it. I'm very sure when it becomes a character meal the food quality will drop like a rock.

9. Dean Marino

Dean Marino DIS Veteran

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong....

A Character BREAKFAST at AP would only be a plus, as the location does not currently SERVE Breakfast.
    A Character DINNER, however, just means that my wife and I will no longer GO to AP. One can have Characters, or Fine Dining - not both.

WDW can rescue this situation by actually TELLING us what they intend to do. As of this posting? STILL no Dinner Reservations past Oct 28 (I checked this evening) :(.

10. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I agree. I believe the reason Disney has not released any information is because they are still trying to come to some sort of decision. I love character meals and I would go to AP for breakfast if there was a meal there that had characters that were a draw for me or my family. The classics would not even be a blip on my radar because given a choice betwee WL and any other character meal destination, I will go anywhere else. WL is stunning but a dog to get to. Any character meal there would need to have some rare characters not available elsewhere, however if they did this, it would be booming.

I would never go for a character dinner. No matter who was there. For my family, there needs to be a decent balance between character dining and conventional meals, especially given that most character dining is some sort of buffet or AYCTE meal. I do think there could be a lovely balance if there was ONE special character you met on the way in to the restaurant, leaving the character M&G chaos behind after that. CRT used to manage this at dinnertime, and BOG does something like this now.

abinormal likes this.
  11. umichigan10

umichigan10 DIS Veteran

It seems logical to to character for breakfast seeing as they’re not making any money with it not operating during those hours. Problem is if it’s successful it might just overtake it for all 3 meals. Slippery slope

12. bianca

bianca DIS Veteran

We went to a Pocahontas/John Smith character breakfast at ArtistnPoint about 20 years ago. My girls loved it. We would return to a character meal at Artist Point in a heartbeat if they offered it again. Sadly, we just don't like their current menu offerings and we are not limited by our palette ..... just personal choice.

13. msmileyface

msmileyface Mouseketeer

I believe the character breakfast out at Grand Californian @ Storytellers Cafe had some characters mentioned here- specifically Brother Bear's Kenai & Koda, Meeko, and Chip & Dale. Brer Fox was a "sometimes" from what I've heard. This has been replaced just as of a week or two ago if I'm not mistaken with a more traditional "Mickey's Adventure" breakfast theme- with the typical "gang." Perhaps they're going to shop those Brother Bear costumes out to WL? Joking.. (sort of.. maybe not?).

DaisyDuck001 likes this.
  14. gharter

gharter DIS Veteran

Back in the mid 90's AP had a Pocahontas and Friends Character Breakfast. Our kids enjoyed that one. That was then replaced by a Winnie the Poo and Friends, and our kids loved that even more.
    I think have a character breakfast is a good idea. I don't have a problem with them even doing a lunch with characters. I just hope they leave supper alone. I think turning dinner into a character meal would be a big mistake.

15. 1lilspark

1lilspark DIS Veteran

I know they have enough Keni & Koda costumes in the FL costume shop for their ‘friends’ to greet during RunDisney weekends (met them last November)

DaisyDuck001 likes this.