Artist Point romantic?

Leigh123

DIS Veteran
I have a 7:10 ADR in Sept so it should be starting to get dark, does anyone find this restaurant romantic?

I have stayed at WL a few times but never been inside AP....thanks in advance.

We celebrated our 10th anniversary with dinner at AP last year. We had a window seat and it was really pretty and very romantic! :goodvibes

Same. I was there with my DH on an anniversary trip and the service and food were just perfect. Lots of nice extras like complimentary champagne and a meant to take home.

I am afraid that I disagree, but it has been almost two years since I was there. However, in August 2011, I was there with my family. We were seated near the middle of the room, not ideal in any circumstance, but I distinctly remember thinking, "fine for a family dinner, but not a good place for a couple's dinner--too bright, too noisy and too big." Perhaps you could find some diners' pictures?

Your question got me thinking about this, so I looked at images.google and I think it gives a good indication of what I felt.

sorry that I couldn't post the link or one of the images, but I only have 8 posts and I needed 10 to do so :)

Absolutely but I tend to agree that a window seat or seat along the side areas of the restaurant would be a little more private. DH and I used to go to AP a lot for "romantic" dinners and we'd always ask for a window seat. Some of the windows actually face the corridor rather than the outside but still give that same type of feeling.

I was also there with dd (who is 14) back in February and there were a few families seated in the same area as us (and the kids were running around the tables), so you need to be aware that could happen (pretty much in most of the WDW restaurants) and dd and I were seated along the corridor by a window. But we were far enough away that they didn't really bother ust

You can request a nice quiet area if it's not too busy (it wasn't when we were there but we were there much later @ 8:30 or so). We had a nice meal with great service. Feel free to check out my review:
Our Artist Point Dining Experience

Thank you jwfla422! I enjoyed reading your review quite a bit and do have a question for you--one of my three kids ended up a picky eater (I still have hope). He is 17, man sized but still eats like a kid. Definitely still looks like a teenager too. Do you think a Signature Restaurant would give him a hard time about ordering from the kids menu? It drives me crazy to pay $20 for a burger on a bun, "nothing else on the plate" particularly when the rest of us are ordering $60-70 dinners and I do tip as though he was eating a full meal!

Our Ratings of Artist Point: (rev 3/21/2013)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: C
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: B
. . . seating comfort: A
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE1: Artist Point has lately made several changes to revive
the quality of the food and service, and regained the reputation
of the past. It has now replaced Bistro de Paris on our list, and
we only eat at five of them.If you eat there, get a window table.
The view of courtyard and lake are grand and romantic at sunset
and after dark. The buffalo and chicken were VERY good and worth
all the talk. (Just make sure they cook the buffalo rare or med-rare.
Any more, send it back! It will be tough and tasteless !)

NOTE2: As with eateries, they do some things better than others.
In that light, I would skip the Prawn/Crab Pot and skip the Scallops.
They are basically average and not worth the time or expense. The
carpaccio is subpar as vension doesn't have enough fat marbling to
make it taste as good as Beef Carpaccio The filet and the lasagna
are good, but pedestrian, so also skip those. The other side of the
scale has the tasty King Salmon. For a heavenly treat, try the highly
prized Copper River Salmon which is available only during mid-May
to early-June.

Not only is it romantic but if you ask for Izi you will have a amazing experience. He knows the menu inside and out as well as the wine menu. He is very passionate when reviewing the menu. You cannot be in a rush when dining here so use your time wisely.:thumbsup2

I am afraid that I disagree, but it has been almost two years since I was there. However, in August 2011, I was there with my family. We were seated near the middle of the room, not ideal in any circumstance, but I distinctly remember thinking, "fine for a family dinner, but not a good place for a couple's dinner--too bright, too noisy and too big." Perhaps you could find some diners' pictures?

Exactly! Funny, my family and I ate there Dec 2010, sat in the middle of the room and I remember myself saying that I didn't think it was a great couples place due to the noise.

It reminds me of eating with Hoss, Ben and Little Joe on the Ponderosa---not romantic in any way, shape or form.

The food is pretty good tho--

I took my wife there for Valentine's Day in 2011. We dropped the kids off at the Neverland Club. We sat outside overlooking the waterfall and it was very romantic and the food was really good too. I can't speak for the inside since all we did was walk through it.

I think it's hit or miss (like any restaurant in WDW). My first experience there was a table in the middle of the room, with an unhappy infant at the next table. Good food, but not really a "romantic" meal. The next visit was at a window table with unhappy children nearby. So in this way, it was a much more "adult" experience. I think if you get a window table, with good tables nearby, it could be a romantic experience.

The room is very bright when the sun is still up (one wall is pretty much just giant picture windows). As the sun sets, the colors in the restaurant changes because of the changing light. Once the sun sets, the restaurant is still well lit, but not overly-bright.

We went for our honeymoon last year. Quiet, excellent food, just A+ all around. Will be going back for our 1 year anniversary next month.

If you want more privacy, take the last reservation time of the evening, that will make it more romantic that you have less people in the restaurant. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter