Artist Point or California Grill?

Artist Point or California Grill

• Artist Point

• California Grill

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
We're looking to try something different for a special dinner during our December trip. We've never been to either Artist Point or California Grill (not since it was Top of the World way back when!) We've heard great things about both.

Which should we choose, and why?

I'd love to hear about your experiences at either restaurant!

:)

I think you will find most people will say to eat at Calif. Grill. But I like Artist Point much better. No, you don't have the same view at AP that you have at CG but I enjoyed it much more. I just didn't care for the 'trendiness' of the food at CG.

I voted for California Grill.

Almost everyone in my family LOVES AP as well. I'm the lone one out there as I have trouble finding things to enjoy on the menu. Picky I guess. Also the last two times we've dined there, service was really slow. Probably an anomalie though.

California Grill has more variety in my opinion. And the view is spectacular. We go early and are not usually there for the fireworks but love the food, service and view. Some times of the year, we're there during sunset and it is magical to see the lights start to shine around WDW.

Really, they're both great choices. Have fun whichever you choose. :thumbsup2

We love AP - dislike CG.

But, that doesn't tell you anything because you don't know us. Please give us a little more info about your group - how many, ages, food preferences, etc. You'll find responses will be better suited to your tastes.

My hubby and I really didn't find the food or service @ AP worth the money. At Cali Grill you have both.

Just our opinion....

But please know we are from Cali!!!

jr :)

We feel Artist Point is the best restaurant at WDW. The food, service and atmosphere are all superlative. By contrast, we found California Grill to be too noisy and frenetic, and found the service consistently mediocre as compared to Artist Point.

I loved AP, we ate there for my 40th birthday. It was a magical night just DH and me. Nancy

It depends on what you are looking for.

If you want an overall outstanding dining experience, you will want to choose Artist Point. AP is definately one of the top 3 dining establishments on disney property.

If you want to be "wowed" by fireworks during dinner and mediocre food, then choose CG. Some items at CG are pretty good, yes, but not all.

Pats Dragon said:
Thank you all for your advice. We will be 4 adults who love DW with ages from 23-60!!
Great. For 4 adults who love DW, both places are good choices. CG has the advantage of the view of the MK. But, in our experience, the food and atmosphere are nicer at AP. Try the wine flight with your meal. Check out the AP menu on allearsnet.com and you'll see that its not anything you can get elsewhere - its pretty unique. The buffalo steak is great. And the vennison spring rolls are a nice appetizer.

My vote would be for California Grill.

My DH and I have tried both. California Grill twice - once for our anniversary and once for his birthday and both times the food was wonderful. I think the wait staff could be a bit better, but that didn't really bother us because we wanted to celebrate, just the two of us, and not have to chit chat during the various meal courses.

We tried AP the last time we were at WDW. They must have had a problem with reservations or a slow kitchen or something. By the time we arrived for our booked time, the wait for dinner was over an hour! I was also very disappointed in the food once we finally got to eat. And, to top it all off, the person who waited on was a bit rude. Not a good experience for us.

Enjoy! I think the age range of your group is perfect for either restaurant.

Of the 2, I picked Calif Grill, but I prefer Flying Fish, Jiko and Yachtsman Steakhouse over either one. Have you considered them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter