Artist Point Confirmed to Become a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Character Dinner

Why are character meals all geared towards girls? Another princess? Can we get some love for the boys instead? Tarzan, jungle book, pirates, marvel, Star Wars, anything but another princess meal.

And yes I get dwarves aren’t “princess” but it’s Snow White, another princess.

Hello, I was just wondering where in NC, because we fly out of RDU, which is right in the center of NC, and get the $39 Frontier flights you would still save time and maybe break even. It is so much easier and possibly cheaper than driving. Just an idea! If you are at the coast it will take you 2 - 2.5 hour to get here, you can use Fastpark which is $7/day to park, and for both terminals, for domestic flights you only have to get there an hour early (especially if you don't check luggage). Even for the Southwest flights, which are sometimes $61/leg, those are cheap. The Southwest terminal (terminal 1) at RDU is all by itself and takes no time to get through. Frontier is in terminal 2 but is also not bad. If you are coming from the western part of the state, there are direct flights from Charlotte, or you can drive 2 - 4 hours to RDU. It still saves you time. It would take us 9 hours to drive without stopping. With kids, if you factor in a hotel stop in the middle for $150 or so, then now the parking costs at Disney resorts, it is a good option to look at to take the cheap flights (you are in the air an hour) and take the free magical express to your resort. It is also so nice to have your luggage just magically show up in your room instead of lugging it around! There is a super early SWA 5:45 flight that usually runs, nonstop to MCO. It is often half full and filled with people headed to Disney, it gives you pretty much a full day in the park without the cost of the hotel the night before. There are also late night nonstop return flights available. Good luck!

I would pay a lot of money to have dinner with Jack sparrow.

Yup - Dead SIG walking :(.

AP is now CHARACTER DINING, Not SIGNATURE DINING. So WL no longer has any Signature Restaurants... :(.
We are saddened.... fortunately? Both the GF (3 REAL SIGS), and Contemporary (1 REAL SIG), are a short Cab, Bus+Monorail, or Boat ride away.
Pleased that others will enjoy CHARACTER DINING at AP. Not for us, anymore.

DVC, homed at BRV.... Whispering Canyon is STILL great for that morning Breakfast :). But we are saddened that our Home Resort no longer has any Signature Dining :(.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

I do feel for those that bought into a resort that had XXX amenities and then they take a major one away.

I have to think they are doing this because there just weren't enough people who felt like you did, and it wasn't profitable at a level they wanted. We all know Character Meals are money makers, when you factor in some VERY POPULAR characters that will keep it full and a limited menu (saving kitchen/food costs) ......... $$$$$ is all that talks anymore.

I would pay a lot of money to have dinner with Jack sparrow.

That would be an unforgettable character experience!!

DS2 went to Disneyland Paris by himself last year before meeting friends in Paris. He got the Dining Plan (not worth it) and dined at the restaurant that sits on bank of Pirates of the Caribbean. He was given a great water side table. As he was eating he became aware of someone behind him and turned to find Jack Sparrow leaning over his shoulder. Pretty cool considering he had no idea he would be there.

Went looking for ADRs for my January trip. Nothing available. Didn’t see anything in February either.

Is Artists’ Point accepting reservations right now?

EDITED: saw earlier in the thread that ADRs are currently available through November 10.

I do feel for those that bought into a resort that had XXX amenities and then they take a major one away.

I have to think they are doing this because there just weren't enough people who felt like you did, and it wasn't profitable at a level they wanted. We all know Character Meals are money makers, when you factor in some VERY POPULAR characters that will keep it full and a limited menu (saving kitchen/food costs) ......... $$$$$ is all that talks anymore.

DS2 went to Disneyland Paris by himself last year before meeting friends in Paris. He got the Dining Plan (not worth it) and dined at the restaurant that sits on bank of Pirates of the Caribbean. He was given a great water side table. As he was eating he became aware of someone behind him and turned to find Jack Sparrow leaning over his shoulder. Pretty cool considering he had no idea he would be there.

That sounds like a great time! I dine at Blue Bayou every time I visit DL, wish DW would have something like that.

That sounds like a great time! I dine at Blue Bayou every time I visit DL, wish DW would have something like that.

He flew over, took train straight to Disneyland, stayed in Disney resort. He LOVED Disneyland, I think surprised how much .... Studios not so much, hopefully some of this new work will help.

I really hope this is open by Christmas and I manage to get an adr.
We are going with my MIL for Christmas and Snow White was the first disney film she ever saw as a child and would adore this. An adr here would make her trip.

My mom is the same. We will be staying at BRV next June. If this is still going, we will be booking.

Hmmm, I sure hope that they keep us updated on where to find old Artist's Point favorites, as the blog article says. The mushroom soup was delicious.

To me, it all comes down to the menu and its execution. If it tries to keep some forest spin to it with lots of mushrooms and game, and at least a few unique offerings, then this will be fantastic. If the plated entree choices are the same steak, salmon, chicken, and a vegetarian pasta option offered everywhere else, we will stick with the Signatures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter