Arriving Narita at 8:00pm.... A couple of questions

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
Hi all,

My neighbor is heading for Japan in November... so I am asking for her... not that I won't be jotting all the info down in my "book"

Her planes arrival is like 8:00 pm ish... Flying Singapore Air.... they are sorta with a tour group, and they have a large group ... and will have a wheel chair with them...

She is ordering a JR Pass, and a Sucia card, she is planning on redeeming these at the airport.... will these Desks in the airport still be open at this time?

As well they have to get from Narita to the hotel... the tour does not provide transportation to the hotel from the airport... she googled the hotel and it shows 10 minutes by car... So what is the best way for them to get to the hotel...

Currency Exchange - they are planning using the exchange in the airport.... will this desk still be open?

Any info, suggestions or solutions are much appreciated... :thanks:

10 mins sounds nearby Airport hotel. Those provide shuttles.
Like what Indoshakespeare mentioned, check if it's a airport hotel, they have a huge schedule running till midnight.
Otherwise taxi should not be too expensive for a 10 min ride.

10 mins sounds nearby Airport hotel. Those provide shuttles.

Like what Indoshakespeare mentioned, check if it's a airport hotel, they have a huge schedule running till midnight.
Otherwise taxi should not be too expensive for a 10 min ride.

I talked to her, and gave her your suggestions... so she email the hotel directly... and the hotels response was... that they are close to the airport, but not on the loop or route - they have their own van not a airport van? ( something might have gotten lost in translation) that they only will pick up to 10:00 pm sharp ... and it will take at least 2 trips to get everyone, and the wheelchair is proving to be more challenging than they thought... She emailed the tour company and basically the outcome was we don't provide transportation to the hotel.. so no help at all... I suggested private car, or using uber or taxi... she is contacting a private tour guide company that they are using later in the trip to see if they can help them or work something out...as they have a wheelchair friendly van/bus... or the other thought that one of the other woman suggested that is going - is just to change hotels, and stay at an airport hotel so that they can have the benefit of the the airport shuttles...

Hi Haley,

So if my military time telling is right that would be 6:30 am to 9:45 pm ?

What are your thoughts, do you think that they will have enough time to make it to the desks before they close? They are suppose to land around
8:00 ish or so... the landing time has changed from 7:45 pm to 7:50 to 7:55 to as of yesterday 8:05 pm... so by November who know what the landing time will actually be... and/or if they are late leaving...

Do you think it would be a good idea for them to get some Yen before going, like ordering from the bank here before they leave... so that they have some money when they arrive... just in case....

If the desk are closed they can redeem the voucher's at any train station? is that correct...?

OK, I said Airport hotel because the one I will be using Tubo Hotel ( https://www.tobuhotel.co.jp/narita/ ) have such a shuttle service and stated that it's 5-10 mins ride away from the airport. That shuttle is running till almost midnight.
Not sure what is the expectation for the wheelchair, I think unless it is a built for purpose shutle/bus, those normal airport shuttle/bus will not be able to take the wheelchair up on to the bus sitting area like those buses at WDW. Probably have to get off and put the wheelchair in the cargo/baggage area. So may be making alternative arrangement for that purpose alone would be better bet.

OK, I said Airport hotel because the one I will be using Tubo Hotel ( https://www.tobuhotel.co.jp/narita/ ) have such a shuttle service and stated that it's 5-10 mins ride away from the airport. That shuttle is running till almost midnight.
Not sure what is the expectation for the wheelchair, I think unless it is a built for purpose shutle/bus, those normal airport shuttle/bus will not be able to take the wheelchair up on to the bus sitting area like those buses at WDW. Probably have to get off and put the wheelchair in the cargo/baggage area. So may be making alternative arrangement for that purpose alone would be better bet.

Thanks... for the help... I will pass it along to her when I see her later on...

Hi Haley,

So if my military time telling is right that would be 6:30 am to 9:45 pm ?

What are your thoughts, do you think that they will have enough time to make it to the desks before they close? They are suppose to land around
8:00 ish or so... the landing time has changed from 7:45 pm to 7:50 to 7:55 to as of yesterday 8:05 pm... so by November who know what the landing time will actually be... and/or if they are late leaving...

Do you think it would be a good idea for them to get some Yen before going, like ordering from the bank here before they leave... so that they have some money when they arrive... just in case....

If the desk are closed they can redeem the voucher's at any train station? is that correct...?
Yes that’s in military time. I’m not sure about making it to the desk on time. They’ll have to wait for their bags, too. All I can say is they can try it once they get there because they really won’t know. If the desk is closed they’ll just have to go back the next morning unfortunately.

As far as getting yen ahead of time that’s up to them. It’s pretty easy to find a 7-11 with an ATM so they don’t necessarily need to get it beforehand.

I believe they can exchange the vouchers at any JR desk in a station. Not all stations have a JR desk though

Yes that’s in military time. I’m not sure about making it to the desk on time. They’ll have to wait for their bags, too. All I can say is they can try it once they get there because they really won’t know. If the desk is closed they’ll just have to go back the next morning unfortunately.

As far as getting yen ahead of time that’s up to them. It’s pretty easy to find a 7-11 with an ATM so they don’t necessarily need to get it beforehand.

I believe they can exchange the vouchers at any JR desk in a station. Not all stations have a JR desk though

Thanks for the info... I will pass it along... I really think that my neighbor is a bit overwhelmed right now... mostly with the group being so big, and everyone has as an opinion on what they should do...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter