Arriving at the port

jenk99

Mouseketeer
I tried to do a search but I had trouble. Anyway, I am getting ready to set up my transfers with Happy Limo. I just wanted to know what a good time to arrive at the port? Actually, more specifically when should I arrange to have them pick me up at the resort? About how long does it take to get there?

I would like to get on board the ship as early as possible since we are only on a 3 day cruise.

Thanks!

If you want to get on the ship as early as possible arrive at the port at 10:00 am. I don't know how long it will take you to get there because I don't know where you are coming from. We always arrive at 10:00 and are getting on the ship at around 11:45.

Oops I forgot to mention that we will be coming from the Polynesian resort and traveling on a Thurs morning.

Any ideas on how long it will take and what time to arrange them to pick us up?

I would request a 8:45 AM pickup time. It takes roughly one hour to get to the port, and that would have you arriving at approx. 10AM...My favorite time :thumbsup2

I was thinking around 8:45, but is arriving at 10am too early? Will we be sitting around at the port too long? What is the earliest that they let you on the ship?

I was thinking around 8:45, but is arriving at 10am too early? Will we be sitting around at the port too long? What is the earliest that they let you on the ship?

Last week we arrived at 9:30, they let us in the port terminal at 10, and we checked in starting at 10:30. We sat down, relaxed, watched movies, took pictures, and were on board at 11:45... We had boarding #2, and it was fabulous...

I MUCH prefer to be on early, relax, enjoy, etc...The hour we had to wait flew by..

Ok, so I just called to make arrangements with Happy Limo. They wouldn't pick us up earlier than 9:30 because they said that they wouldn't be allowed to drop us off any earlier than 10:30 due to the other passengers getting off the boat. :confused3

I put 9am as our pick up time for coming home. Our flight isn't until 3pm so I won't be in any hurry to be rushing off the ship. Does this sound about right?

Ok, so I just called to make arrangements with Happy Limo. They wouldn't pick us up earlier than 9:30 because they said that they wouldn't be allowed to drop us off any earlier than 10:30 due to the other passengers getting off the boat. :confused3

I put 9am as our pick up time for coming home. Our flight isn't until 3pm so I won't be in any hurry to be rushing off the ship. Does this sound about right?

:rolleyes1 That bugs me. I would change towncars or limos. Sorry, but that is a pain for me. I know others pick up earlier, they ALL do. Yes, people are getting off, and it is a bit confusing, but MANY people arrive before 10:30..

Your pick up time for return sounds perfect. No stress..:thumbsup2

Does anyone have any suggestions on other towncar services or any other advice?

As long as we are on board the ship by around 11:30 that is fine with me. I just don't want to hit a huge crowd by getting there at 10:30.

Does anyone have any suggestions on other towncar services or any other advice?

As long as we are on board the ship by around 11:30 that is fine with me. I just don't want to hit a huge crowd by getting there at 10:30.

Maybe your time is a good one then. By the time you arrive, the initial rush may be over..

I'm surprised they would say that. They are there enough they should know that is not the case. Honestly 10:30 still isn't bad. There is usually a small rush at 10 anyways since folks start coming in early and then line up when the gates open

Like Porterbob said 10:30 isn't bad. But if you want to get there at 10:00, Happy Limo should get you there at 10:00. I always arrive at the port at 10:00. They can drop you off at 10:00 or before 10:00 if you wanted. I used Happy Limo once and I when I went to use them again there were just too many issues and conflicts, so I went elsewhere.

When you get there early there are no crowds. The place is empty. The crowds start to build around 11:30 or so. When you get there at 10:00 there are no lines. By the time you check in, go to the bathroom, look around, look at the ship, take some pictures, it's time to get on.

We arrive at 1030 and there honestly still are'nt really any crowds at that point. If you want to PM me I'd be more then happy to tell you who we use. We are very happy with them and they will pick you up regardless of what time you want. We are just not early risers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter