Arriving at port question with kids/car?

scottie

BWV's= Our Second Home
We will have a car to park, 3 kids and luggage. What is the process if we arrive early at port, say 9:30-10:00am? I wasn’t sure if we are ushered to a parking lot to park and then have to pull our luggage across the street to the terminal, or if it worked differently.

If you arrive before 10:00, they will make you park and then bring your own luggage across. I don't think they will allow you to walk through the gate until 10:00 either. We just drove around Cocoa Beach until 10:00 and were the first car to arrive when they opened the gate at 10:00. It is much easier to unload everything and everyone (but the driver) at the terminal itself and then the driver take the car over to the parking lot. That way the other adults in your party can began the check-in process. It really is very smooth!

I was hoping they would let everyone stay in the car in a line so we could just pull up to the terminal and drop off then go park, bummer.

I have to agree with luvcruisn. THe morning is long enough, go have a scenic drive till 10 or so. It will go fast..I would not get there too early, especially with the kids.:)

We arrived at about 10:15, pulled up to the curb by the terminal, unloaded the luggage directly into the hands of the luggage guys, then pulled into the forst parking spot in the row right next to the terminal. We probably could have thrown our luggage from the parking spot and still hit the luggage guys! We were super close.

Anyway, all of us stayed in the car during the unloading process except DH. We all got out in the lot and walked into the terminal together. We were checked in by 10:45.

--H

I was hoping they would let everyone stay in the car in a line so we could just pull up to the terminal and drop off then go park, bummer.

On one of the trips we were a little early and we were directed to an area across the street where there were a few other cars waiting. Once the gates were open they let us in, checked the names and then let us proceed to the terminal to drop off the bags and the family. We waited about 10-15 mins. By the way we were facing the Magic while waiting. :)

DH always drops off me, DS6 and the luggage and then goes and parks. I sort out the luggage with the bag folk, DS usually gets into a long protracted conversation with one of them, and by that time DH is back. The parking is pretty close, we have never had to go far. The people at the gate encouraged us to drop our luggage off first, then park, rather than the other way round. Not sure if that was merely a helpful suggestion or how they like you to do it.

We were in the same position as you (DH, Myself and three Kids). We arrived around 11 AM. DH pulled the car up to the terminal, unloaded the bags, I got out with the kids, tipped the porter and brought the kids into the terminal with me while DH parked the car. We had already checked in for the cruise at our WDW Resort prior to arriving at the terminal. So, that was taken care of. The kids and I were waiting in line to meet one of the characters when DH arrived from parking the car. It worked out well! - Jennifer

When you unload at the terminal, do you check luggage in at curbside like at the airport? So this will be the last time you see your luggage until it arrives at your stateroom?

What time are you allowed to board the ship? What is there to do before after check-in and before boarding? I have 3 & 5 yo, how restless will they be?

When you unload at the terminal, do you check luggage in at curbside like at the airport? So this will be the last time you see your luggage until it arrives at your stateroom?

What time are you allowed to board the ship? What is there to do before after check-in and before boarding? I have 3 & 5 yo, how restless will they be?

Yes, similar to an airport.

Boarding typically begins around noon, they have characters come out & do photo-ops, they have tv's playing Disney cartoons. Time goes pretty quickly...

On one of the trips we were a little early and we were directed to an area across the street where there were a few other cars waiting. Once the gates were open they let us in, checked the names and then let us proceed to the terminal to drop off the bags and the family. We waited about 10-15 mins. By the way we were facing the Magic while waiting. :)

This is correct. They will send you over to the day lot to wait until the curb is open and someone usually comes around in a cart to let everyone know it's time to go

Yes, it is exactly like checking your bags curbside at the airport. Make sure to attach the tags provided from DCL before checking them. I put the tags on at our hotel before we got to port. It made it easier for the porter and us. I didn't check one small carry on bag with our bathing suits and lotion. When you first embark and port days are the slowest times at the pools. You will be mailed a packet at least two (2) weeks prior to your cruise with the tags and other cruise documentation/information. As already stated, there are character Meets in the terminal. We met and had photos taken with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto. Also, while waiting for boarding you can register your kids for the clubs and receive your pager at the desks in the terminal near the snack bar. DD4 made a friend in the area near the tv. The time went by fast! We boarded around 12:30 PM. - Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter