ArriveCan: NEXUS holder travelling with non-Nexus?

Gigi22

DIS Veteran
I have a cruise scheduled this year, travelling with a friend. My travelling buddy is a bit tech-averse, and does not have either NEXUS (and it’s way too late to get it), or a smartphone. Post-cruise we are flying back to Canada from FLL. Am I right in thinking that I’ll have to add my friend to the ArriveCan record in my phone, and therefore I won’t be able to use my NEXUS card because I’ll have to physically accompany my friend through Customs/Immigration, carrying both our electronic records? Suggestions please!

That may be the only way. But wouldn't you just stay with your friend in line anyway? Whenever we travel with non-Nexus folks we generally give up that privilege because we don't want to ditch one person and leave them alone.
It’s been a very long time since either of us has flown with anyone. Usually we accompany another friend using a wheelchair. Pre-Covid (and pre-ArriveCan) we found that because of the many procedures involved in getting someone in a wheelchair through an airport (especially through Customs, Immigration and Security), no one could actually use their NEXUS card.

I usually meet my non Nexus friends at the gate. Unless you are related, living in the same home, you aren’t really the same travel party. I’ve traveled with friends and their kids many times. We handle security and immigration separately. Meet up on the other side. Makes for a simpler, smaller travel party.

I think quandrea has a point. As you aren’t related she may have to do her own ArrivCan. You will probably have to help her fill it out but it can be done on the website and then make a print out to show customs.
I’d use my Nexus arriving back in Canada and meet her on the other side at baggage carousel 🙃 And with the security lines at FLL, those security queues can be horrible on cruise ship days. And she doesn’t need Nexus for that. But you’d be able to go thru the Pre Check queue. There is a chance your friend could get Pre Check on her boarding pass. Before I had Nexus about half the time I got TSA Pre-Check on my boarding pass.

I think quandrea has a point. As you aren’t related she may have to do her own ArrivCan. You will probably have to help her fill it out but it can be done on the website and then make a print out to show customs.
I’d use my Nexus arriving back in Canada and meet her on the other side at baggage carousel 🙃 And with the security lines at FLL, those security queues can be horrible on cruise ship days. And she doesn’t need Nexus for that. But you’d be able to go thru the Pre Check queue. There is a chance your friend could get Pre Check on her boarding pass. Before I had Nexus about half the time I got TSA Pre-Check on my boarding pass.
You are correct you could only use arrive Canada app for immediate family which would be husband and wife spouse significant other and children. Anyone else Uncle and friends have to do their own arrive Canada. Now they can do it on the computer and print it up.

So if you’re flying back to Canada at the end of the trip you’ll definitely need each their own entry and arrive Canada and yes has to be A separate cell phone can I have like 2 on One phone.

If it’s A Vancouver cruise then yes you need the ride Canada when you do bark but you don’t need a flying home to the states

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!