Arrive mid day

hockey000

Earning My Ears
We plan to fly in on Thursday and go straight to the park. We should be at park around 1pm and park closes at 8pm. Is it worth me getting MaxPass for that time frame? I'll be in California adventure that day. Thanks

Having not much to go on, I would say you need to answer a few more questions first:

1) How many are in your party and what’s your budget for the day? Max pass can quickly add up, so this would be my #1 question. However, since you’re asking about it I would say you probably are okay with the price

2) Are there any make or break things for you? If you don’t get to ride Soarin on your first day will your trip be ruined?

3). Do you have someone in your group who could be a runner? Max Pass isn’t the only option, you can still do the legacy fast pass

4) Are you doing this for Radiator Springs? Odds are good the fast passes for that will be gone by the time you get there.

5) Do you want PhotoPass? If you’re going to use that then MaxPass is a no-brained

I would probably error on the side of not getting a MaxPass and then adding if needed. You can just do that the day of once in the park if the crowds are busy enough to warrant it.

If you are there for just one day then yes, but i am guessing it might a longer stay than that. I would just go and see what the wait times are and then decide. If you are there for more days i would just use that day to explore and shop and if there are rides with low wait times go on those or just look at things you normally don't do

Agree with the others in that it depends on how many days you are there, and it also depends on if you want to ride certain things multiple times. For me personally, I always add on maxpass, simply for convenience sake and due to the fact I love riding Incredicoaster and Guardian's as many times as I can. But to each their own.

We plan to fly in on Thursday and go straight to the park. We should be at park around 1pm and park closes at 8pm. Is it worth me getting MaxPass for that time frame? I'll be in California adventure that day. Thanks
This reaaaally depends on your group, touring style, priorities, length of trip, how crowded the park is, etc. DCA only has seven FP rides to begin with, and if you’ll be there multiple days, it will be easy to hit them all on another day with Maxpass. If your party is single-rider eligible, it might be better to hit stuff like RSR and Incredicoaster that way. You really will want to wait and see what’s available and what crowds are like when you get there to decide if it’s worth it.

If it’s your only DCA day, that’s another issue entirely - I’d 100% get it in that case.

I would check to see what fastpasses are available before purchasing Maxpasses. If you think you can get 3 fastpasses before the end of the day I say go for it if not I'd pass. If it's a super busy day all fastpasses could be gone for RSR by 1-2pm. And if the first fastpass you can get is for 5 or 6 pm then you'll only get maybe 2 fastpasses for the day.

Not sure if your doing a park hopper but I would start in DL - you can do more things that don't require a fastpass

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!