Arrival night dinner, Boardwalk area?

Minniemoo15

DIS Veteran
I am debating between Beaches & Cream or Ale & Compass for our arrival dinner. I think B&C would be our preference for the atmosphere and fun factor, but we are a large party so had to make 3 separate reservations 20 mins apart which may not be ideal for our first meal together. The food at A&C looks really great and the reservation times line up.

We want something casual and not too pricey. We are staying at BC and are open to any restaurants in the area. There’s 11 of us total, ranging from 3-65 years old. Any suggestions ?

I know you said not too pricey but have you thought about Cape May Cafe? Excellent sea food buffet for the adults, and characters for the little ones. Cape May also has the ability to seat large parties.

You might check out the Dolphin Fountain at the Dolphin.
Thank you... I forgot about the swan and dolphin restaurants

I know you said not too pricey but have you thought about Cape May Cafe? Excellent sea food buffet for the adults, and characters for the little ones. Cape May also has the ability to seat large parties.
We are doing Cape May breakfast later in the trip. It’s one of our favourites !

Beaches and Cream is fantastic but probably not a great choice for a large group. It’s very small and just given the configuration I can’t envision any scenario you’d all be at the same table (combo handful of booths, counter seats and round tables). We really enjoy Ale & Compass, so if the menu is appealing, think that’s a great option. ESPN might also be fun... more casual along the lines of Beaches & Cream with burgers and pub food. That’s not to say A&C is “formal.” Fountain is along the same lines as Beaches & Cream (“soda shop”) and quite good but is not much in the way of atmosphere, if that’s what you’re looking for. Have fun!!

We stayed at Boardwalk in early December at did an arrival night dinner at Il Mulino at the Swan/Dolphin. The food and service were both excellent, and while not "cheap" it was definitely less expensive than we would have expected for "Disney."

I think ESPN would be a great option - the menu is larger than A&C (if I remember right) and the sports bar atmosphere can be more entertaining for large groups. Plus it's actually ON the boardwalk so you'll be able to stop and watch the entertainment before/after.

B&C is fine for what it is but it's a tight spot and I can't envision how you would be able to sit together, and possibly not even near each other.

Maybe ESPN and stop by B&C for ice cream afterwards? Though Ample Hills is better ;)

I think ESPN would be a great option - the menu is larger than A&C (if I remember right) and the sports bar atmosphere can be more entertaining for large groups. Plus it's actually ON the boardwalk so you'll be able to stop and watch the entertainment before/after.

B&C is fine for what it is but it's a tight spot and I can't envision how you would be able to sit together, and possibly not even near each other.

Maybe ESPN and stop by B&C for ice cream afterwards? Though Ample Hills is better ;)

We love ample hills!! That’s sounds like the perfect evening. I just booked an ESPN reservation ... I think it will be a great choice

I know this sounds kind of nuts, but we love the Boardwalk to Go Kiosk. It is close to the Boardwalk Bakery and has outdoor seating nearby. The food is simple and inexpensive: BBQ sandwiches, fried Mac and Cheese Bites, etc. Boardwalk Joe’s is right besideif you want an adult beverage, and you can get incredible desserts at the Bakery or at Ample Hills. The setting is absolutely gorgeous. We make a point to visit very trip.

Also think about Big River Grille on the Boardwalk. It's not expensive, you can sit outside if you want, casual and rarely jam pack crowded.

I would not choose B&C for your group. That place is TIGHT so with three different ADR's I suspect you will not all be seated at the same time, even if you managed to get the three within a short timeframe of each other.

I think that I would look at some of the options listed upthread. They can accomodate larger groups with less chance of your "mini" groups dinign at different times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!