Arrival Dinner for 8??

wdwjenn

Earning My Ears
We will be arriving in the evening staying at the Beach Club and want to plan somewhere close by for dinner. We will not have park passes for the first night so it need to be at BC/YC or on the Boardwalk. We are a party of 8 (5 adults and 3 kids). I was thinking of Beaches and Cream as we have never been before but concerned about how they will seat a party of 8?
Thanks so much!!:earsboy::tink:

PS How do you add an avatar to your profile??? I am new here and can't seem to figure it out:)

When you say "arriving in the evening" what time do you mean?
Travel day is tiring and full of uncontrollable delays. I never book an ADR for sooner than 5 hours from scheduled arrival.
If you have an ADR and are delayed, you will pay a $10/person no show fee.
With a scheduled evening arrival I would only do a QS meal.
That said, Beaches and Cream is tiny. They do not have tables for 8. They would probably seat you at 2 tables of 4, if you can get an ADR

I agree with PP. We rarely book ADRs for arrival days unless we are scheduled to arrive in the morning and we book a dinner.

You could check for availability on the app when you land and book something then. There are several dining options around BC - BC, YC, Swan, Dolphin, BW...

First, have a great vacation. :-)
Re avatar, go up to toolbar on top of page. Click on your board name. Then click on avatar. You can upload one or browse.
I agree with the PPs. I learned the hard way a few yrs ago not to make an ADR for dinner on my arrival day esp if I won't check into my resort until the evening. With a party of 8, and not knowing if you will have travel delays, I wouldn't even recommend trying to get on the bus to go to DIS Springs and back. I'd opt for either 1) out of pocket (OOP) easy dinner at Big River Grille & Brewing or ESPN (check the menus at eg allears to see if either appeals) or 2) if on dining plan (DP) consider a walk up to Trattoria al Forno. I'm not a fan of al Forno but a walk up with a larger group might be possible esp if later in the evening. Your chances of a walk up at Beaches & Cream especially with a large group are unfortunately slim to none. If you had been a smaller party, I would have suggested paying the extra few dollars in your package for admission to Epcot where there are many dining options. However, with a large group, that becomes more cost prohibitive.

I'd go somewhere at the Swolphin - they don't charge the no show fee and its an easy-peasy, lovely walk, just over the bridge from the YC. Il Mulino would likely have something for everyone.

We will be arriving in the evening staying at the Beach Club and want to plan somewhere close by for dinner. We will not have park passes for the first night so it need to be at BC/YC or on the Boardwalk. We are a party of 8 (5 adults and 3 kids). I was thinking of Beaches and Cream as we have never been before but concerned about how they will seat a party of 8?
Thanks so much!!:earsboy::tink:

PS How do you add an avatar to your profile??? I am new here and can't seem to figure it out:)
I believe to set your avatar you need at least 10 posts. Otherwise you get a permission denied message.

Beaches and Cream is very small - maybe 3 booths and 5 tables so if you want to eat there you will definitely need a reservation. However, making a dining reservation for arrival day, especially since you said you will be arriving in the evening can be problematic if there are any travel delays whether arriving by plane or car. Only make a reservation in advance if you are willing to pay the $10 per person no show fee which would be a total of $80 for your group.

What time are you arriving? Big River Grill on the Boardwalk does not take reservations. Also, the Swan and Dolphin have a variety of restaurants including an ice cream parlor, buffet/cafeteria style venue and several excellent sit down table service restaurants, which often have walk up availability. There is also room service at the Beach Club.

JPeterson I think you are right about the avatar...it keeps telling me access denied.

We are arriving at 4pm so I was going to make a dinner ADR for 8pm. What are the chances of getting a table at Captains's Grille if we just walk up? I certainly don't want to be charged $10 per person if we can't make it due to travel delays!!

I never thought of Swan and Dolphin. I am also sure that the men would be thrilled with ESPN Zone:earboy2:

If you were choosing Beaches and Cream for the ice cream, you could get dessert at the walk up window at B & C. The choices are more limited, but if they aren't busy you can usually order any of the sundaes except for the large Kitchen Sink. There is also Ample Hills Creamery at the Boardwalk and The Fountain at the Dolphin for ice cream.

When are you going? Time of year may make a difference in your ability to get a day-of reservation for eight at any WDW restaurant.

I booked Captain's Grille (table for 4, 8 pm dinner) a few hours before we ate last December...during a very slow week in December. The meal was fantastic! But the restaurant was busy, and I'm not sure if we could have gotten a table by walking up. I booked the table on my MDE app while we were having drinks at Trader Sam's. If you want to try booking a day-of ADR there (or nearby), you might want to pull up the app as soon as your plane lands.

Another option is heading to SAB and getting food/drinks from Hurricane Hannah's while relaxing around the pool. The food at HH is pretty good, wait staff will bring drinks to you, the pool crowd has always been light during the evenings when I've been...and you can see fireworks from different parks from there.

I wouldn't risk a ts. Pretty pricey if you experience delays.

If you want simple, the bw has a stand for lack of a better word. Huge hot dogs and simple fried fare mostly. But tasty!

Plus the bw comes alive at night. Great way to start your trip

I'd go somewhere at the Swolphin - they don't charge the no show fee and its an easy-peasy, lovely walk, just over the bridge from the YC. Il Mulino would likely have something for everyone.
And at least some of the restaurants there (bluezoo for example) can be booked via Open Table if you don't want to risk a walk-up (and there's no fee as you mentioned).

I would highly recommend checking out the Swan/Dolphin restaurants, picking one that appeals and either going on opentable or calling the restaurant directly to make a reservation. They do not charge a no-show fee should something happen and delay your travels. Or, you decide to walk up to ESPN or Big River, I would go on the early side (like 6 pm) to try to get a table.

I thought Captain's Grille was temporarily closed for renovations. Not sure then it reopens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter