Arrival day dinner suggestion

melana

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone.
I need some suggestions on arrival day dinner.

Some info- Arriving on Saturday October 28th, probably around 2 or 3pm at the Contemporary after about a 6ish hour drive. Will have a light lunch on the way.

Do not want to spend a lot of $$ on dinner and probably will not feel like venturing out too far away from the Contemporary.

Any suggestions?? I wouldn't mind jumping on the monorail to one of the other resorts or possibly heading over to Wilderness Lodge but that would be the extent of my venturing out that evening. Just want to avoid spending a lot of $$ and avoid going to a park just for dinner.

What about the Wave at the Contemporary or Cafe Grand Floridian? Not sure what budget you have in mind so you can look at their menus. We plan to go to 1900 Park Fare for dinner on arrival day. I'm not wild about buffets but we will have little ones with us that will enjoy Cinderella and the stepsisters. I agree on not venturing far off on arrival day.

We love the Wave. Also love Kona Cafe at the Poly. We also love the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL. We don't usually do a big dinner on the day we get there.

I will take a look at the Wave and Whispering Canyon Cafe. I have never even been in WL and I would love to look around. I am doing 1900 Park Fare for breakfast one day and trying not to do too many repeats. LOL
Thank you both for your suggestions!!

And if you are looking for something with even less of an impact on your wallet, the Contempo Cafe (Contemporary) and Capt. Cooks (Polynesian) both have some nice offerings.

I was thinking Capt. Cooks too. Nice little walk around the resort after and a short monorail ride back to the Contemporary.

If you're willing to head over to the Wilderness Lodge, have you considered trying the new Geyser Point Bar & Grill? It's casual and doesn't require a reservation. It's lovely setting with creative food by Disney standards. I think it's worth the trip over.

Kids or no kids? If kids, our arrival day dinner is almost always Whispering Canyon. It's a great and fun place with good food. Food is nothing fascinating or special IMO, but it is good a there's alot of variety for a decent budget. We go every year.

I'm arriving the same day as you! Usually after all the sitting involved in a travel day, I'm not so hungry for a large meal, so I'm tentatively planning on the POR food court, before the Yehaa Bob show.

At the Contemporary, I'm a fan of The Wave and Contempo Café.

I used to like Whispering Canyon for lunch (more than for dinner), but the food quality wasn't as good on my most recent visit as the previous ones, and I don't know if that was an off day or a trend. If you feel like going to Wilderness Lodge, then Roaring Fork quick service would be another option for a casual and affordable meal, or you can go to the bar there (Territory Lounge) and have fondue and/or another selection from their food menu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter