Armed Forces Vacation Club - Anyone ever booked an Orlando stay?

singnring

DIS Veteran
We are contenplating a Disney vacation with booking a condo thru the AFVC.
Anyone have any experience with this in the Disney area?
What were the accomodations like?
Clean, safe, decent resorts, a place you can enjoy?
We are worried about trying this since we have no idea what to expect.
Any info would be greatly appreciated! TIA!! :thumbsup2

I have Orbit One Vacation Villas booked. We're not going until December, but it looks nice. How bad could it be for $325 for the week? I'm always glad to have more than one room and basic kitchen stuff. It was really easy to sign up and book. I'll let you know. I plan to take pictures of it for the ITT guy so he can let others know about it.

These are leftover timeshare weeks, so could range from the terrific to the so-so. Probably none of them would be terrible. Just try to find reviews of the selected resort before making your choice.

Sheila

We have stayed in Orlando through the AFVC many times and we've always had great accomodations. It really depends on which location you choose, we've done 2bd/2ba at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club and Cypress Pointe among others and we've never had a bad experience and our condos were terrific.

Just make sure to do your research online before choosing a location and I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip.

Those are leftover timeshare units from RCI and other timeshare companies. We have a few timeshares through II and RCI, so we just use them to get extra vacation weeks, which is what you'd be getting. It could work well for off-peak weeks. I agree that I would check online for reviews of the condos.

For the poster above me, I'm staying at Cypress Pointe in December and haven't stayed there before, glad to hear it recommended.

We are looking at using AFVC for the first time, too. We have it narrowed down to Silver Lake Resort or Cypress Pointe Grand Villas. Any advice on these? The AFVC rate is 329 for a 2 bdrm 1 week in Oct 2010 which just sounds like an awesome rate.
We are also looking at renting a condo or home in Windsor Hills (not available thru AFVC) which is about 85-100nt. Of course you also have a cleaning fee.The Windsor Hills would be more expensive but looks really nice.
Does anyone have any feedback on Silver Lake vs Cypress Pointe Grand Villas? The AFVC rate seems too good, are these properties nice? Will we regret not spending a little extra to try Windsor Hills properties? Thanks for any help!

Of all the properties that are regularly available here does anyone have a suggestion for who handles disabilities best? 3, maybe 4, out of 6 people needing scooters to get around.

We recently went to Orlando/Disney World last week for spring break and stayed at Villas at Fortune Place in Kissimmee, FL. It was a really nice unit. It took us a good 20 mins to get to Disney World (may have been faster if we had taken the interstate), but for $349 a week it's worth the 20 min drive each day. We really enjoyed our trip. You can also get discounted Disney World tickets and Universal Studios tickets thru military discount. I think we ended up paying $125 each for a 4 day disney world ticket with Park Hopper option. Great value! We saved alot of money on a place to stay and the tickets. Hope this info helps!

We stayed at Silver Lake on a ground floor 2 bdrm unit and loved it. Would go back again if we could find openings for our dates. It is a smaller, gated resort, nice pools, quiet, and CLOSE to Disney. There is also a back gate out of the resort that can't be more than 2 miles from Disney property (Animal Kingdom).

We had a full kitchen with granite counters, washer & dryer, master bath was huge with a closed off toilet, 3 tv's, pull out sofa bed...couldn't have asked for more.

It is a great deal if you stay here!

Who is eligible for AFVC?

Am I eligible to participate?

You are eligible to participate if you are a:

•Member of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependant (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy; active duty and both active and inactive reserve and National Guard)
•Foreign exchange service member on permanent duty with the Department of Defense
•Retired Member of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependant (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy)
•Civilian employees of the DoD (appropriated, non-appropriated, or retired) or an adult dependant
•American Red Cross personnel serving overseas with the U.S. military
•DoD Dependant School teacher or an adult dependant
•Disabled American Veteran @ 100% with 2765 ID Card

Our family used them to stay at Cypress Pointe & it was awesome! We loved it. Plenty of room for our family to be comfortable very well taken care of. I was a little hesitant when my dh 1st sugested AFVC& saw you had to pay it all upfront but wouldn't think twice about using them again. It was a great experience for us.

We stayed at Celebration Resort in 2007 and it was nice, basic but clean. Silver Lake is one of my favorites, especially for the location! A lot of the resorts seems to be RCI resorts so if you can find out what they are categorized (Gold crown, etc) that will help you decide.

http://www.rci.com/RCI/RCIW/RCIW_index See if that helps...

We've used AFVC a couple times and have even used it as a gift for someone without any trouble.

We have Wyndham Cypress Palms booked for this month, will update on it when we get back. Its a 2 bedroom, and they have wifi in the rooms.

We are enjoying our last day at Wyndham Cypress Palms. I highly recommend it. We paid almost $400 for 7 nights after taxes ($349 per week advertised). They asked when we checked in if we were interested in a tour, we said no thanks and we haven't heard from them since. We have a 2 bedroom condo, living room, full kitchen, screened porch, jacuzzi, 3 tv's, DVD player, washer and dryer. It has granite counters, a nice living room and dining room, and there is free wifi. The view from our porch is a nice little lake and we are only a short walk to a pool. It hasn't been very busy here this week. As far as location, we are probably 10 minutes to the parks. Any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

How far in advance did you have to book the two bedroom at Wyndham Cypress Palms? I keep checking and have only seen one-bedroom units there, which I understand are quite small.

I booked our stay on May 2nd. We are here from May 16-23. We are here scouting out the area, looking at schools and real estate.

Am I eligible to participate?

You are eligible to participate if you are a:

•Member of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependant (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy; active duty and both active and inactive reserve and National Guard)
•Foreign exchange service member on permanent duty with the Department of Defense
•Retired Member of the Uniformed Services or an adult dependant (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Navy)
•Civilian employees of the DoD (appropriated, non-appropriated, or retired) or an adult dependant
•American Red Cross personnel serving overseas with the U.S. military
•DoD Dependant School teacher or an adult dependant
•Disabled American Veteran @ 100% with 2765 ID Card

Government employees are also eligible, according to the FAQ on that site. http://www.getravelop.com/faqs.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter