Ariel's Grotto

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When my family went to DCA in 2003 my mom and I found Ariel's Grotto and I thought it was a shop when I first saw it but then we saw a menu board and discovered it was a restaurant and from then on my mom and I loved the food and the wonderful cotton candy you got for dessert and you even had the chance to meet Ariel too while you waited for your table. It's a shame that Ariel's Grotto closed and turned into the Lamplighter Grill because Ariel's Grotto was a fun place to eat and the dining room was a replica of Prince Eric's dining room as well
Who remembers Ariel's Grotto?

I remember; my former step-son wanted to eat there for his birthday so we did the princess breakfast and it was wonderful. I miss the "affordable" princess breakfast option in the park. Don't get me wrong I love Lamplight Lounge and the food and drink options but we enjoyed Ariel's Grotto very much.

Loved ariels grotto, especially when they had the all you can eat desserts. Those molten lava cakes were amazing when you took them home and heated them up.

It was actually an amazing value for a while. 40 bucks for a quality sit down dinner and preferred seating for world of color.

Ariel's Grotto had a Princess Breakfast? I do remember reading about it and from what I read it was a princess breakfast buffet and it sounded good. I always looked forward to meeting Ariel while we waited for a table and Dad loved loading up on the cotton candy they had. I always thought Ariel's Grotto was a hidden gem in DCA because it seemed very easy to book a table there but I liked getting the beach pails the kids meals came in. Mom actually still has my beach pail that she uses as a pencil cup but Ariel's Grotto was wonderful to eat at

This was the only princess character breakfast and it was always weird to me they didn't replace it with something. Goofy's gets old with the same 4 characters (and my kids don't even really know who chip and dale are, anyway.)

With 3 girls this was our go too!!! I was sad when this left and they didn't replace it with another similiar princess meal but my pocket book was happy.

Wow - this brought back some great memories for me of going when my girls were young so we could get good seating for World of Color. We didn't have much money at the time, but we splurged and really enjoyed the meal and atmosphere. I nearly chocked up thinking back on those great times. I am glad we experienced it when it was there.

Took our girls there once and we were selected to introduce each princess as they walked into the dining room. The gave us a scroll with the names to read. Our daughters were in heaven - such big grins on their faces. What a fun memory!

We loved Ariels Grotto when we went in January 2012. It was one of my favorite memories from that trip. We did the character lunch, and sat outside. We were the only ones eating outside, so the princesses really spent alot of time at our table with our two daughters.

We did it a lot when my kids were younger. It was fun. But I have to admit I like the food better at Lamplight.

My first character meal was at Ariels’ and I loved it sooo much! I really like pixar pier, but paradise pier brings back amazing memories!!

This was the only princess character breakfast and it was always weird to me they didn't replace it with something. Goofy's gets old with the same 4 characters (and my kids don't even really know who chip and dale are, anyway.)

They actually added a Princess breakfast over at the Grand Californian after the Grotto closed.

I loved the place. I thought the theming fit really well with the location and I loved that as a single adult without kids I could still do the character meal without feeling totally ridiculous. It was the only place where the characters (princesses in this case) treated me as an adult asking how my day was in the park and maybe commenting on whatever cocktail I had ordered saying it looked perfect for enjoying that day or whatever. A couple quick comments from wonderful attention to detail characters that were always charming and then they would move on. A perfect balance of that little extra Disney, but not “oh my gosh I feel so stupid as an adult here!” I really enjoyed it.

haha they did, but I didn't really consider $120/person a character meal. That's more of an event like BBB.
Yes it was very expensive but it was a replacement for the other Princess meal- nobody said the replacement had to be reasonably priced! 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter