ARES tickets

kymom99

DIS Veteran
Hi! Another ticket question. I started to buy tickets from ARES for our upcoming trip. As I went through the process, it said tickets could be picked up at the ticket gates with ID and it asked for the arrival date. It didn't have an option of printing at home, although the home page stated that they could be. I didn't complete the purchase yet. Does anyone know what is up with this? I wonder if it is because they are overloaded today. I would rather print thjem ahaed of time to assure that I have thme in hand. I realize I will still have to exchange the vouchers for actual tickets.

TIA!:flower3:

With AREStravel or GetAwayToday you would have to go to a Ticket Booth with ID to get the actual tickets.

If you go to the DL web-site and order the e-ticket, the e-Ticket PDF file will be e-mailed to you to print out. You take your print-out (that's the PDF file with the 2 bar codes) directly to the turnstiles. At the turnstiles they scan the bar code and give you the actual tickets.

The AREStravel and GetAwayToday tickets seem to be cheaper than DLR's e-ticket, but with ARES and GAT you have to go to a Ticket Booth first. DLR's e-ticket option allows you to go directly to the turnstiles.

HTH :earsboy:

INteresting, I was JUST getting ready to order mine right now.

For us, getawaytoday and ares were the same total price, but I read last night that ares I could print them out as well. I really wanted to have them in hand and not have to stand in line at a ticket booth and at the turnstiles.

Did you already purchase them and then the website said you couldn't print them?

So, is the only way to have tickets ready is to buy them through disney online?

For us, buying 3 people 3 day park hoppers, going through ares will save us $9 total, but maybe it would be easier for us just to print them through disney.

INteresting, I was JUST getting ready to order mine right now.

For us, getawaytoday and ares were the same total price, but I read last night that ares I could print them out as well. I really wanted to have them in hand and not have to stand in line at a ticket booth and at the turnstiles.

Did you already purchase them and then the website said you couldn't print them?

So, is the only way to have tickets ready is to buy them through disney online?

For us, buying 3 people 3 day park hoppers, going through ares will save us $9 total, but maybe it would be easier for us just to print them through disney.
I have ordered tickets from ARES and GAT, and both times I had to go to the Ticket Booth to get the actual tickets.

From the ARES web-site:
Note: Guests may pick up their tickets at any main entrance ticket window. Personal photo identification will be required. If you are a guest at a Disneyland® Resort Hotel (Disneyland® Hotel, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa, or Disney's Paradise Pier® Hotel), you may pick up your tickets upon check-in. Guests staying at all other hotels present your Quick Order Pickup confirmation and photo identification at any main entrance ticket window of the Disneyland® Resort. Parking is not included with your Disneyland® ticket. For questions or park hours please call 714-781-7290. Ticket expires 13 days after first use.

- ARES web-site (3-day parkhoppers for 2012)

From the GAT web-site:
  • All Disney ticket orders are sent electronically and may be picked up at any Disney ticket window with photo ID.
- GAT web-site (DLR parkhoppers for 2012)

I have also ordered e-tickets from the DLR web-site twice before, and both times I brought the PDF print-out (the one with the bar codes ;)) directly to the turnstiles.

I think others will confirm my experiences. :thumbsup2

Last night I ordered e-tickets from the DLR web-site again. I like to save money ($5 per ticket), but for my travel times I'd prefer to go straight to the turnstiles and have one less thing to do. :goodvibes

I went ahead with my ARES order and they did give me a window with a voucher to print. It is a single voucher for all 3 tickets and it says I have to take them to the ticket booths when I get there. Since we are arriving the evening before we actually go, I will probably see if they can give me the tickets when we arrive so that we don't have to spend that time in the morning at the ticket window.

Thanks everyone!

how does this work? Do they give you a ticket at the turnstile?
Short answer: Yes, they give you your ticket(s) at the turnstile.

It's very straightforward.

When you purchase tickets at the DLR web-site, select the "Disney eTicket" option. DLR will send you two e-mails. The first e-mail is a confirmation. The second e-mail is a PDF file.

Print out the PDF file and you will have an 8 1/2" x 11" paper with two barcodes. Just bring the paper straight to the turnstiles, and the CM at the turnstile will scan one of the barcodes and hand you the standard DLR ticket . The standard DLR ticket that the CM gives you is the one that you use for FastPasses. It's slightly smaller than a credit card and is a thicker paper quality (card stock).

Here's a link: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/au/faq/buying-tickets/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter