Are you still holding onto hope for July/August Vacation Plans?

Have the flights you’ve recently taken been packed?
No, Southwest has the "middle seat open" guarantee still. In fact they just extended it thru October 31st. 2 flights were full besides the middle seat, and others had 30 or 40 people total. It just depends. With middle seat open, though, it really is a huge difference.

Also, I haven't heard of flight attendants or pilots coming down with COVID either. I asked a couple casually if they knew of some and none really did, at least from flying. Also I have a family member who's a pilot and has been flying throughout the pandemic and he's been fine, too.

Yeah.....take info from the CDC with a grain of salt & healthy dose of skepticism.
I wouldn't run with the conspiracy angle; science is always evolving and this is a very new thing. That being said, "travel" is pretty generic. Walking out my front door increases my risk, as does going to the store or taking a walk, etc. etc. I was in Destin for July 4th weekend and someone from high above must have protected us because nobody around there does anything differently than previous years. It's as if the pandemic doesn't exist for part of the population. Thus, going to Disney seems like a MUCH safer bet than almost anything else. More people wear masks in the magic Kingdom than my local grocery store half the time. :confused3

Well I hope those who still went on vacation will come back and let us know how things went. I am just hoping it is safer to travel next year than it was for most of us this year. So I hope to hear from those that did travel these past few weeks and still contemplating traveling within the next 30 days or so. For now, I intend to start a new thread for Summer 2021 travel plans. I have extended family who want to join us for our 2021 vacation. DH had suggested a cruise but if I have extended family coming to Florida, we will have to scrap the cruise plans. I am COMPLETELY fine with giving up the cruise as I'd rather spend time with extended family than take a cruise. So watch for my NEW thread!! My new ticker has been created and is active. I plan to stay in Florida from 8/4/21 thru 9/4/21. So watch for my NEW thread as I ramble on about my vacation plans for 2021!!! We haven't been to Florida since 2018....So we have a LOT of vacation to make up for and I CAN'T WAIT !!!!

I'm at Wilderness Lodge right now. Flew in last Saturday, going home this coming Saturday. Flying back to BCV in a month. So far, the sky hasn't fallen on me.

YMMV

No, Southwest has the "middle seat open" guarantee still. In fact they just extended it thru October 31st. 2 flights were full besides the middle seat, and others had 30 or 40 people total. It just depends. With middle seat open, though, it really is a huge difference.

Also, I haven't heard of flight attendants or pilots coming down with COVID either. I asked a couple casually if they knew of some and none really did, at least from flying. Also I have a family member who's a pilot and has been flying throughout the pandemic and he's been fine, too.

I wouldn't run with the conspiracy angle; science is always evolving and this is a very new thing. That being said, "travel" is pretty generic. Walking out my front door increases my risk, as does going to the store or taking a walk, etc. etc. I was in Destin for July 4th weekend and someone from high above must have protected us because nobody around there does anything differently than previous years. It's as if the pandemic doesn't exist for part of the population. Thus, going to Disney seems like a MUCH safer bet than almost anything else. More people wear masks in the magic Kingdom than my local grocery store half the time. :confused3
Love Destin Did they have fireworks too?
Where did you stay? Wondering if that BeachfrontTiki Bar that connects The Hilton Garden Inn and Holiday Inn (FtWalton) is OPEN ....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!