Are you really sure we want to do this again? DXDP- 7/5 Chef M's, CRT , and WCC

Great update. We went to CM dinner last time and the food was not good but my son request CM b/c he wants to see the characters there. We are trying breakfast. That's why I too added DxDDP for all the character meals. I figure I might do as many now b/c one day my son will outgrow going to character meals and when that day comes it will be very sad for me.
Thank you so much for sharing andI have truelly enjoyed your food review.
I love the girls ouftits at CM.

Awesome reviews..the pics were great and the food looks super yummy.

It was nice to hear something positive about CRT since so many people seem to not think it's worth the money.

Great update. We went to CM dinner last time and the food was not good but my son request CM b/c he wants to see the characters there. We are trying breakfast. That's why I too added DxDDP for all the character meals. I figure I might do as many now b/c one day my son will outgrow going to character meals and when that day comes it will be very sad for me.Thank you so much for sharing andI have truelly enjoyed your food review.I love the girls ouftits at CM.

We kind of see it like the Polar Express - as long as they can hear the bell, we will keep ringing it!

Awesome reviews..the pics were great and the food looks super yummy.
It was nice to hear something positive about CRT since so many people seem to not think it's worth the money.

For us, CRT will always be worth the money!!!!! ;)

After having finished lunch only 4 hours before, we WERE NOT HUNGRY. I wanted lite and refreshing. The fact that we had eaten so much this day will contribute to the "view" and review of this restaurant.

Decor - pretty, nothing spectacular!
Service - she was okay, again, nothing spectacular
Food - with a few exceptions, it all tasted alike, regardless of what it was supposed to be.

As I stated, buffet food pictures at character meals, especially, were just not happening. But here you go!

Strawberry soup - it is good. Similar, to me, to a non-tangy strawberry yogurt. It was refreshing, as much as something with heavy cream in it can be, so it fit the bill.

Salad - I made a salad, and that was definitely good!

Main dishes - the prime rib, especially with the horseradish, was very tasty!
HOWEVER, I tasted paella, chicken marsala, stir fry. They were all very bland, and all tasted exactly alike. The girls got some pizza, maybe some mac and cheese, fruit, typical kids cuisine. DD1 ended up eating bread and fruit. She didn't like anything she ate.
DH tried a variety of dishes, proclaimed them all edible but not great, with the exception of the prime rib.

Desserts - there were a variety of these,the lemon cheesecake tart was really good. Bread pudding was okay. The girls got soft serve, and liked it.

Character interaction: At the end of the day, the characters are really why we book these ADR's, right? It's not supposed to be about food!

Cindy - she was sweet. After she spoke, they played her music for her and Prince to dance, and she promised to come back, which she did. However, it was speak, make a comment about being sisters and hoping they got along better than she did with hers, "come stand for a picture" pose, and leave. We found that we had much better Cindy interaction at Akershus.

P1040576.jpg

Ahh... the Prince. DD2 talks about dancing with Prince Charming daily. When she is "playtending" she is going on a date with Prince Charming. She is going to marry Prince Charming when she grows up. I couldnt' wait for this one. I just KNEW she was going to be starry eyed. WELL, he walks up, and the kid VAULTS across the table without a pole into her Daddy's lap. I guess sometimes, meeting your fantasyman is just too much REALITY! :laughing: She did agree for a picture with him IF her Daddy would hold her.

P1040579.jpg

P1040577.jpg

However, one of our best memories from this trip involved him, and had nothing to do with our family. When it came time to chose people to dance with, the Prince went to a lady that appeared to be in her 40's with Down Syndrome. When she stood up, she bowed to him, and they danced, and then at the end she bowed a few more times with such sincerity. It was so very sweet and special, and DH and I both were crying watching. It was the magic of Disney at it's best.:cloud9:

Lady Tremain - she was okay. We had met a different one last year, and she was much more amusing. Although, she did have the girls hold their hands together so they wouldn't touch her, and when DD2 said "Is that the stepmother?" She said "I have a name, child." It was funny.
P1040581.jpg

The stepsisters were a lot of fun, and really interacted with the girls, fixing hairbows, trying on her hairbow. They were LOUD and wild. DD1 had fun dancing with Anastasia!

P1040585.jpg

P1040586.jpg

P1040587.jpg

P1040589.jpg

All in all, not a bad time! Since, for us, the main objective was for DD2 to meet the Prince, and that flopped so badly, :laughing:, we left, again, saying "This is not a must do." Honestly, if in a few years the kids want to go back, we might. And I can see them wanting to be with the stepsisters again, but not for Cindy!

I've loved your reviews, especially since I just made an ADR for breakfast at 'Ohana. I think the kids will love it there. Now, I'm debating whether or not to do dinner at 1900 Park Fare. DD9, DS7 & DD3 would love the characters, but I wondered if you would recommend another place. Would you pick Chef Mickey's over it? I just like that it's different characters. We will already see Mickey & Pluto at 'Ohana. Yet, we are doing the Royal Table breakfast as well. I've heard the step sisters are a riot--yet my DH is more about the food! :) Would you go back here or pick a different character meal? Also, we'll be coming from Epcot..does the monorail just drop you off at front?

Background info:
Last year we took our girls, then 9&2, on a "4/3 never this cheap again, once in a lifetime trip let's do DxDP trip " to WDW.. Best week of our lives, came home, and scrunched everything we could to buy DVC. We'll be making our first trip home to BLT in 11 days!

We originally decided on DDP, b/c DH kept saying that having to be somewhere all the time got really old. Made our ADRs in January, and I must say I was... deflated. Especially since part of the deal for DVC that DH would get Ohana dinner 2x each trip. Left us with a total of 4 choices - we picked Akershus, 1900 Park Fare, Tusker House Breakfast, and WCC. Changed Akershus dinner to Mama Melrose. Still weren't happy.

I began to pour over dining reviews, hoping to get excited over 1900, since it was the ONLY place we hadn't done before. Of course, the DxDp reviews pulled me in. DD1 said "The best meal at WDW was Chef Mickey's." A few days later DD2 said "I can't wait to eat in the castle again" DH looked at me the following Saturday and said - "I've been dreading fighting crowds for CS, can we swing DxDP again?" I agreed ONLY IF we could get a CRT and CM. Which we did, for a 7am breakfast at CM and 2pm lunch at CRT on our checkout day. Not very optimal, but they were there, so here we are!:thumbsup2

Cast: DH - eats A LOT!!!!! Nuff said!
Me- I've lost 56 pounds since January. This trip changed that a bit, and I am really feeling yucky! I tried to be good, but it just didn't happen!
DD (age 10). VERY PICKY!!! I mean picky!!! Stilll has a childlike appetite!
DD (age 3) Eats a lot! Loves steak, "big people food"

So here's the lineup:
Sunday, June 20 Main St. Bakery Breakfast w/ snack credits!
Lunch: 12:00 The Plaza
Dinner - Father's Day 5:00 Ohana Dinner

Monday
Breakfast 7:30 Kona Cafe
Lunch 12:00 Tony's Town Square - *CANCELLED!
MK snacks instead
Dinner 4:50 Boma

Tuesday
"Brunch" 10:30 Crystal Palace
Dinner 7pm Les Chefs De France

Wednesday
"Brunch" 10:20 Ohana
Dinner 5:05 Yachtsman

Thursday

Breakfast 8:05 Tusker House
Lunch 12:00 Yak and Yeti
Dinner 5:00 1900 Park Fare

Friday
Breakfast 8:15 Akershus
Lunch: snacking around the world
Dinner: 8:05 Dinner at Ohana AGAIN!!!! I like Ohana. A lot. I promise. DH is obessed with it!

Saturday
Breakfast 7:05Chef Mickey's
Lunch 2:00 CRT lunch
Dinner 8:00 Whispering Canyon Cafe
*We went ahead and cancelled Tony's and changed our Boma time to 4:50. We really felt like this day had too much food, and the easiest way to get that credit we need was to just go ahead and cancel. Honestly, this was one meal that no one was super excited to have 1 thing from the menu. Everywhere else, we have an app, entree, or dessert that we can't wait for! We may end up cancelling Y&Y, too, but I want to go if for no other reason than to get lettuce cups and fried wontons again. I don't need the entree!

Loved your review. Quick question--we have ADR's at 'Ohana for both breakfast and dinner. We have never been before and am wondering if they do the same things for the kids at both meals (morrocas, limbo, coconut races) or are they totally different experiences? Since we are paying oop, I just want to make sure we do a lot of different dining experiences. Thanks!!

I've loved your reviews, especially since I just made an ADR for breakfast at 'Ohana. I think the kids will love it there. Now, I'm debating whether or not to do dinner at 1900 Park Fare. DD9, DS7 & DD3 would love the characters, but I wondered if you would recommend another place.
I think your kids would like 1900. I've heard many, many people say it's one of their favorite meals. We saw several couples in there without kids. The food was okay. The monorail from Epcot will take you to the TTC, and you will transfer to the resort monorail from there, and drop you off at the GF. The restaurant is in the lobby. If it's about the food, I would say 1900PF has better food than Chef Mickey's.

Loved your review. Quick question--we have ADR's at 'Ohana for both breakfast and dinner. We have never been before and am wondering if they do the same things for the kids at both meals (morrocas, limbo, coconut races) or are they totally different experiences? Since we are paying oop, I just want to make sure we do a lot of different dining experiences. Thanks!!
Oh honey. You can't miss either of these meals. The dinner at Ohana has a lady that leads the entertainment, coconut races, hula dancing, etc. She's fabulous, and loads of fun. You do get leis at both meals, but I would say they have different feeling by far! The breakfast little parade is with the characters, the dinner one is with the "hula lady" and her ukelele! The similarities pretty much end there. To be honest, I can't imagine a trip to WDW without both of these. And we loved Stitch!!!!

I think your kids would like 1900. I've heard many, many people say it's one of their favorite meals. We saw several couples in there without kids. The food was okay. The monorail from Epcot will take you to the TTC, and you will transfer to the resort monorail from there, and drop you off at the GF. The restaurant is in the lobby. If it's about the food, I would say 1900PF has better food than Chef Mickey's.

Oh honey. You can't miss either of these meals. The dinner at Ohana has a lady that leads the entertainment, coconut races, hula dancing, etc. She's fabulous, and loads of fun. You do get leis at both meals, but I would say they have different feeling by far! The breakfast little parade is with the characters, the dinner one is with the "hula lady" and her ukelele! The similarities pretty much end there. To be honest, I can't imagine a trip to WDW without both of these. And we loved Stitch!!!!

Thanks so much! I can't wait!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter