Are You Kidding Me??? Annual Pass = 7 days of FP only???

Cdn Gal

DIS Veteran
This is the first year of my husband and I getting Annual Passes. As I was filling out our FP, the computer kept stopping me from making FP. I called Disney, and they said that you can only make 7 FP in a given month. No where have I read this! I am coming from Canada- how often do they think people from out of country or out of town realistically get to Disney?? So that means that I need to cancel and rebook and look at everything all over again. Has this happened to anybody?? I don't think this is fair at all!! What if I get to the park on that day, can a cast member help me make FP for later on in the day? To be honest, I don't think I would have purchased an annual pass. I would have split my $$ between Disney for week long tickets and Universal Studios. Please HELP if you can!!

I'm on-site for one night in July and one in August. The rest we are in our timeshare.

We are planing 2 different reunions with different sides of the family plus friends that are coming from Ontario. It's not easy organizing a trip to see people that have traveled 16 hours to get here and then say sorry, can't go on any of the rides with you, we used them up with the other family. You guys make the memories without us, we will just stay out here and wait until you return.

Yes, you can only pre-book 7 days of FPs within a 30-day period if you are offsite.

Even if you booked an onsite room for your complete Stay#2, you'd be limited to 7 days unless you only book FPs for onsite park days and cancel out the offsite park day FPs.

That's brutal!!! OK so what if I booked the campground for 14 days? Does that allow me more FP?

We have AP and are staying on-site for Sun - Fri; total of 5 nights, and it won't let us book more than 7 days in the same month.

This is the first year of my husband and I getting Annual Passes. As I was filling out our FP, the computer kept stopping me from making FP. I called Disney, and they said that you can only make 7 FP in a given month. No where have I read this! I am coming from Canada- how often do they think people from out of country or out of town realistically get to Disney?? So that means that I need to cancel and rebook and look at everything all over again. Has this happened to anybody?? I don't think this is fair at all!! What if I get to the park on that day, can a cast member help me make FP for later on in the day? To be honest, I don't think I would have purchased an annual pass. I would have split my $$ between Disney for week long tickets and Universal Studios. Please HELP if you can!!

You may find the FP FAQ helpful. One excerpt from Post #3:
- Annual Pass (AP) holders have similar benefits as onsite guests when staying at an onsite resort. The primary difference is that AP holders can book up to 7 days of FPs at all times, and more if the length of the onsite stay is greater.

- AP holders have similar benefits as offsite guests otherwise, except that they cannot have more than 7 days of FPs booked at any one time.

Most of the fastpasses are not that hard to get a week out, there's only a few that you would want to book as soon as you can, like the Pandora ones. I think in your situation I would pick a few select days, and do the fastpasses for those to make sure you can see a highly anticipated attraction on those days, and the rest you can book while you are there. Like somebody else said, you can book another day as soon as you use a day. With a trip that long, you're going to have to wing it a little bit, and frankly you have the time to do that being there that long.

It's been this way since FP+ rolled out, and it's completely fair.

If being offsite, Disney doesn't know when you're going to the parks or for how many days..so 7 days of FP's is allotted. Once you use Day 1, you can schedule FP's for Day 8. Disney can't just let AP's book 14 or 15 days of FP's in a month because A) majority of AP's don't stay that long in one trip and B) that would take a lot more FP's off the table for other guests

If you're staying on site then you book like a regular on site guests. 60 days in advance and for the length of your stay which can be more than 7 days.

Being an AP and you say you're staying on site one night, this means you can book your 7 days worth of FP's once your 60 day window is open

from the disney web site after a quick google search (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/passholders/reserving-fast-pass-plus/)...

"Annual Passholders can make FastPass+ selections up to 30 days in advance. Secure up to 3 FastPass+ selections for one park per day, for up to 7 days."

"Passholders with reservations at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel can start making FastPass+ selections as early as 60 days prior to the check-in date―and can secure FastPass+ selections for the length of stay or up to 7 days. Please note that if your length of stay is longer than two weeks, FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 days."

It's in a rolling 30 day period. Do you have 2 other days already booked somewhere?
OK so I think I might be OK- so just let me clarify- as soon as I use a FP day such as if I were to book FP for days 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 then on Day 2 I could book for Day 8 correct?? and so on and so forth??
Now, when you say a rolling 30 day... not sure I'm getting that. If our daughter and her family is coming down and are booking for the second week of August, then we really should not book any FP for the week before so we can experience everything with her. Is this correct? So it's not in a calandar month the 30 days??

OK so I think I might be OK- so just let me clarify- as soon as I use a FP day such as if I were to book FP for days 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 then on Day 2 I could book for Day 8 correct?? and so on and so forth??
Yes.

If you book FPs for your daughter for Stay#2, you won't have any FPs for Stay#1.

Being linked to your daughter, you can book FPs for her and then try to Change Party and get added to her FPs as your FP booking ability opens up as you use each FP day in Stay#1.

lol :hyper: OK so I thought I had it figured out but...ummm I don't think so! :confused3 So I'm just going to share my plans to hopefully make it easier so I can get all of your amazing advice!! :o

on site July 14th

July 14th- AK FP,
July 16th FP- Epcot,
July 18th- AK, FP
July 19th-AK, FP
July 20th- Epcot, FP
July 23rd- HS, FP

July 28th- on site

July 30th- MK FP hopefully,
Aug 2nd- EP,
Aug 4,

then family arrives and it's Aug 6/7/8/10/11 family leaves
then another family Aug 15/16/17/20
then friends the week of Aug 22 onwards

Yeah so right about now I'm not really sure how this all works...but I am thinking that once the 14th is done then on the 15th I can book another FP day??
Would it help if I did a throw awat room for Aug 5th?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter