are you aloud days off ?

Itsjen516

Earning My Ears
like i know you get a day off but i mean can you request off as long as you know in advanced ? and can it be more then one day ?

like for example i have family that lives a few hours away so if i wanna go up and vist them can i ?

also my friends getting married and i dont wanna miss it will they alow me to take a day off for that :confused:

You can request it, but there's no guarantee, particularly if it's the weekend. Part of the terms of your internship is gull availability.

You can request it, but there's no guarantee, particularly if it's the weekend. Part of the terms of your internship is gull availability.

ya but if ANYTHING can you ask someome to maybe switch with you or something ?

There are some work locations where the cm's have already developed a facebook for shift trading. It can help you find other people that are trained that could take or trade your shift. Also, if you know well in advance enough you could try posting a message in your break room if they have a post-board.

Trying to request a weekend off through management can be really, really tough though. So try going through every option before calling them. And since you only get to know your schedule about 2 weeks in advance, as soon as the updated schedule comes out try to get rid of your shift then.

Hope that helps?

If you know what the days are you'd need off, request them on the Hub as soon as you get access (usually your 3rd or 4th day there.) The earlier you request them, the better chance you have of getting them approved. I only had a request denied once & that was cuz the deadline for requests for that schedule was at noon & I submitted the request at 1pm.

If you know what the days are you'd need off, request them on the Hub as soon as you get access (usually your 3rd or 4th day there.) The earlier you request them, the better chance you have of getting them approved. I only had a request denied once & that was cuz the deadline for requests for that schedule was at noon & I submitted the request at 1pm.

oh ill deff request off WAY before like my friends wedding :D i would do it weeks before :D

I don't know if the same exceptions are made for WDW but I got in for FA at Disneyland and I needed a couple dates off in July and I knew this BEFORE I start my program / was accepted, so I emailed the recruiters and they say they may consider any days off you may need once before you begin. You just let them know the reason and they'll get back to you whether they approve or not. I got the days I needed approved. Otherwise any day you need off you have to wait 'till you start.

Hope this tip helps any one and future applicants. Oh and I would only use this option if you know its something you really need off otherwise if it's not a big deal just wait 'till you start to request. :)

oh ill deff request off WAY before like my friends wedding :D i would do it weeks before :D

Do it as soon as you have access to the HUB. I tried to get this Thu, Fri, and Sat off and submitted the request 2 months ago and it was denied. Now I'm trying to find people to give away or trade those shifts with and it can sometimes be hard to find people available and willing. The earlier the better.

Just something to keep in mind about taking time off. If you don't make enough to pay rent, the next week they will take out double. 2 weeks with no paycheck sucks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter