Are we doing too much on this trip?

mojokitty

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
We are going to DW for the first time in Nov. for a week. We are coming in on a Sat. night from a long drive and going to MK Sunday and Tuesday. My plans are Legoland for Monday with an ADR at 5:30. Wednesday we have an ADR for late breakfast then we want to explore the Campground and cabin resort with some time spent at Disney Springs. Thursday is our day at Animal Kingdom then we leave on Friday.
My sons are 7, 5 (has Down syndrome but will be riding in a stroller most of the time), and 3. Is this schedule too much for them? My husband thinks that going to Legoland would be too much and maybe we should have an easier day or a beach day instead.
I know it's up to us and we know our kids but, what do you think?

As you say you know your children best but we like to plan more down time and have a water park day and a day when the option is park just for the evening if the children are tired. You can always return to your resort if the children do get over tired.
Have a wonderful trip!

Also, we thought about going to the Christmas Party one night on a free day but I'm not sure the kids can stay up that late!

We are having one evening dinner at Via Napoli then Illuminations but not doing a Halloween party as we think it will be too much for 3 yr old DGD. Hope to return with the grandchildren again which she's bigger!

On our last trip, we had 5 kids, ages 4 - 11, plus the grandparents. Six days, rope drop every morning, pool break during the afternoon, park hoppers, a park every night, and everyone was fine (November trip, so heat wasn't an issue).

No, I don't think you're doing too much at all, especially if it's your first trip. In fact, I'd probably try to do more. Certainly wouldn't do 8am to 11pm every day. However, I'd squeeze as much WDW park time in as I could. It's just me, but I'd ditch LEGOLAND and do Epcot or Hollywood Studios instead.

I think you have a great plan - LEGOLAND would be perfect for your boys! If your boys are into Disney Jr, you may consider doing Hollywood Studios on Tuesday - they have the Disney Jr show, Toy Story Mania, Star Wars, etc, and the chance to meet those characters. Then on Wednesday, a late breakfast and exploring the campground and Disney Springs is a very relaxing day, and you could do the Christmas Party that night (and you'd still have 2 days at MK). You can get in as early as 4:00 pm for the party.

Have a great trip!!!!

We decided against HS because of all the construction. We thought Legoland might appeal more to the boys. They love Star Wars but I just can't justify spending so much on HS right now. We are on a tight budget but I think the Christmas party idea is a good one. I may look into adding it on our last day so that the boys can stay up a little later and then leave the next day.
So, a question about the party, we can take our party tickets and be let in at 4?

We decided against HS because of all the construction.

Certainly do whatever is best for your family, but just as an FYI, the whole "construction" thing is quite overblown. The only parts that are under construction are old attractions that had been closed for some time or were never used anyway. And it's not like there's a bunch of dust and guys with hardhats walking around. The Great Movie Ride recently closed, so that hurts, but everything else is still there...RnR, ToT, TSMM, Disney Jr, Voyage, Indiana Jones, Star Tours, Launch Bay, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic, Star Wars fireworks, Jedi training, etc... Don't let the "construction" thing fool you, it's not what it sounds like.

I think it sounds perfect...not too much at all. Honestly, if your kids aren't into Star Wars, I would definitely do Legoland over HS.

We decided against HS because of all the construction. We thought Legoland might appeal more to the boys. They love Star Wars but I just can't justify spending so much on HS right now. We are on a tight budget but I think the Christmas party idea is a good one. I may look into adding it on our last day so that the boys can stay up a little later and then leave the next day.
So, a question about the party, we can take our party tickets and be let in at 4?
Yes, you can get in at 4.

Hi everyone,
We are going to DW for the first time in Nov. for a week. We are coming in on a Sat. night from a long drive and going to MK Sunday and Tuesday. My plans are Legoland for Monday with an ADR at 5:30. Wednesday we have an ADR for late breakfast then we want to explore the Campground and cabin resort with some time spent at Disney Springs. Thursday is our day at Animal Kingdom then we leave on Friday.
My sons are 7, 5 (has Down syndrome but will be riding in a stroller most of the time), and 3. Is this schedule too much for them? My husband thinks that going to Legoland would be too much and maybe we should have an easier day or a beach day instead.
I know it's up to us and we know our kids but, what do you think?

You mention you have a long drive and are on a tight budget. For both of those reasons, I would ditch Legoland (which will be about a 2 hour round trip drive from WDW), re-consider the Christmas party (which will cost almost $400 for your family) and simply upgrade your WDW tickets (which appear to be 3-day tickets) to 4 or 5-day tickets. It will be cheaper than going to Legoland or the Christmas party and would give you more time in the parks. With a 5-day ticket, you could add on DHS for the Star Wars attractions and some extra time at MK (instead of the Christmas party) or EP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter