Are we being taxed twice?

jelliott04

DIS Veteran
We are leaving for the world in a few days and I added the DxDP to our DVC reservation today. I noticed that it splits it up into the price + the tax.

Isn't it true that when I get my receipt I still have to pay for tax + gratuity at the table?

I could be wrong but if I'm not why is Disney taxing us twice?

Jen

You only have to pay the tip, unless you have ordered things that are not covered by the DDP. Tax is already paid.

On the receipt when redeeming your TS entitlements the only thing that you need to pay additionally is the tip. The final receipt shows 0.00 for all meals ordered and the tax. You are only taxed once when you purchase your DDP.

We also used TIW to purchase any items not on the DDP such as apps, and "adult beverages" Being a DVC member is one of the qualifiers to purchase a TIW card.

We haven't been since Oct 2011 so I couldn't remember correctly. I'm glad I was remembering wrong.

I'm going to save all our receipts and put them in a spreadsheet to see how the DxDP stacks up to paying OOP w/ TIW. I did it several years ago and it almost came out even.

Thanks all for the tax clarification.

Jen

The price of the DDP includes the tax on the meals. It does not include the tip in most cases.

We haven't been since Oct 2011 so I couldn't remember correctly. I'm glad I was remembering wrong.

I'm going to save all our receipts and put them in a spreadsheet to see how the DxDP stacks up to paying OOP w/ TIW. I did it several years ago and it almost came out even.

Thanks all for the tax clarification.

Jen

I did this 2 years ago when I decided to take the 40% off our room rate. I found out Disney food is very expensive and we shared C.S meals, ate pizza fron POFQ. I think we came out 160under the price of the cost of the Dining plan, which was free.. This was why we took the room discount. We probably would of went to more expensive restaurants if we would of been on the Dining Plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter