Are we allowed to visit another resort?

Momerath

Mouseketeer
A question...I know you are not allowed to use the pool at a resort not your own, however, if you have a meal at a resort restaurant not at the WDW resort you're staying at, are you allowed to walk around and take in the scenery afterwards?

Thanks! :confused3

That's correct! You may not visit other resort pools, but there is absolutely no problem with taking in the resorts scenery or even their recreation. Such as water mice, bikes, etc. Besides how else would you know which resort to stay at on your next Disney vacation?;)

Thanks! DH wants to have "non-park day" on our next trip and I was spending a lazy Saturday morning clicking around the WDW web site "Disney Dreaming" :cloud9: of things to do on our next trip! :surfweb:

In fact I just made a reservation for Dinner at Maya Grill for after late close of Animal Kingdom on the day we arrive, Nov 14. I am staying at POR but have wanted to see Coronado Springs as we might like to try that some time. So I figure it is a good time have dinner then look around, then back to POR.

Touring the other hotels is one of the things we love to do. Can't wait to see the holiday decorations at the resorts at Christmas.:yay:

Even when you drive into the different resorts - not using Disney transportation - the security guards ask if you are there to look around, and welcome you right in.

We did this on our last trip and plan on doing it this trip.
We always stay at MODS and it's nice that we can get to
visit the Deluxe Resorts, even if we can't afford to stay there.
:goodvibes

It's one of my favorite things to do on solo trips - I've spent hours at AKL before a dinner reservation at Boma, checking out the animals, enjoying the fireplace, and just soaking up the atmosphere. :)

It's actually a routine for me because I love visiting each hotel's gift shop because they have their own unique gifts.:)

If you're at a resort that you're considering staying at on a future trip, you can even ask to shown one of the empty rooms, as long as the CMs at the front desk aren't too busy!

This is how we decided, during our stay at the Grand Floridian, that our next family trip would be at the Polynesian resort. We had a dinner reservation for the Kona Cafe and asked the front desk if we could see what the rooms looked like. One of the CMs took us to a non-occupied room, and then gave us a quick tour of the resort. Once we walked "out back" and saw the volcano pool and view of the castle, and felt so comfortable with the theming of the resort and how beautiful the grounds were, we were all hooked! LOL We've since stayed at the Polynesian 4 times, with our fifth trip booked for May 2008 :)

And prior to that, we had been staying at CBR and were having a meal at the Grand Floridian and my DH wanted to see what the rooms were like, so a CM showed us a room. My DH was very impressed, asked the CM if any rooms with a view of the castle were available, and when she made some calls and told us they did have castle-view rooms (lagoon view category at that time), we made the decision on the spot to switch over to the GF immediately! LOL We went back to CBR and packed up, and went right back to the GF. To the credit of CBR, they were wonderful about it and even gave us and our luggage a ride to the GF in one of their "CBR" vans. :)

So you never know what might happen when you visit a resort to check it out! You just might find your new FAVORITE resort :sunny:

It's actually a routine for me because I love visiting each hotel's gift shop because they have their own unique gifts.:)

I like to check out the resorts gift shops too :) I'm currently collecting the art prints of the resorts that we've stayed at :)

Touring the other hotels is one of the things we love to do. Can't wait to see the holiday decorations at the resorts at Christmas.:yay:

I agree the day after Thanksgiving everything is decorated for Christmas. Each rosort is so beautifully decorated, worth turing as may resorts as possible. Some day we will have to book another trip later in the year again just to see the Christmas decorations.

We love to visit other resorts. We had a great time last Christmas looking at all their decoration. I highly recommend going to BW and taking in those sights, especially in the evening. AKL is a great place to go. You can usually get some good views of the animals. I think WL is absolutely beautiful. Also, GF and Poly are easy to take in on the monorail.
Have fun!

When my family and I were just in WDW we decided to visit the Polynesian like we always do, however since we are staying there this December in a Garden View Club Level room that is in the Hawaii Longhouse, we decided to see where it is in person. We were able to walk inside and a very nice Cast Member gave us information about it, along with a map of the Polynesian. When we asked if we could visit the lounge on the 2nd floor he said go right ahead. The only thing we could not do was see the rooms in person because he said for that night they were 100% sold out, however I am sure if they were not we would have been able to see one.

You can definitely look around at the other resorts! It is fun to see the different themes and lobbies of the other hotels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter