Are WDW parks really overflowing with trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babynotyoda

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard or seen if it is true that the cleanliness of the parks is way down? I can imagine that CMs are being stretched too thin right now.

I’m here now and have seen a few like this, particularly in HS, and even more particularly in Galaxy’s Edge. The crowds are massive right now everywhere and they clearly aren’t staffed up to handle these crowds. Still a ton of stuff closed with the highest crowd levels I’ve ever seen in many years of Disney trips.

I’m here now and have seen a few like this, particularly in HS, and even more particularly in Galaxy’s Edge. The crowds are massive right now everywhere and they clearly aren’t staffed up to handle these crowds. Still a ton of stuff closed with the highest crowd levels I’ve ever seen in many years of Disney trips.

For whatever reason, people’s behavior has also seem to have gotten worse in the last year (for example, all the problems on flights). Could be where people used to hold onto their trash an extra 30 feet to the next open trash can are now throwing it on top of a full one with no remorse.

Could be where people used to hold onto their trash an extra 30 feet to the next open trash can are now throwing it on top of a full one with no remorse.

There are 2 trash cans in one of those pics, both are stuffed. Once it starts getting trashy looking, people are much more likely not to care either- If Disney doesn't, why should they? The problem is, no one should allow more capacity than you have staff to handle it. I know I'm not going to go hunting for a trash can that isn't over flowing.

Pictures don't lie and I don't see how you possibly blame this on guests. It's disgusting. My local amusement park does a better job of cleaning than WDW does.

Last edited:
For whatever reason, people’s behavior has also seem to have gotten worse in the last year (for example, all the problems on flights). Could be where people used to hold onto their trash an extra 30 feet to the next open trash can are now throwing it on top of a full one with no remorse.
Sorry. Disney doesn't get a pass on this. People didn't leave it sitting on a table. They brought it to a trash can.

If Disney can't stay on top of the trash, they shouldn't be increasing capacity. They should only allow in the number of people they can service.

Complain. In writing, not to some poor schlub of a CM who can't do a dang thing about it.

A couple of years ago I noticed that sort of situation around trash cans in the BTMRR queue. I went back to my hotel room late that night, fired up my tablet and sent a letter to Passholder Guest Relations. I got a polite answer a few days later with the signature of a real person, and to this day I have never seen the wastecans in the BTMRR queue overflow again.

If guests just shrug about this standards will slip for good, but if we complain it will most likely be taken care of.

(Also, FWIW, I make it a practice to put my hand in a baggie I'm throwing away, and squash trash in the can now and again. A lot of what reduces can capacity is just air space. Look at how much of that trash is made up of hollow containers. I don't HAVE to do this, of course, but it's painless for me and makes some poor maintenance CM's life a bit easier, so I figure it's a win-win habit in a place that doesn't allow glass containers. It helps that I'm not a germaphobe, LOL.)

Last edited:
Complain. In writing, not to some poor schlub of a CM who can't do a dang thing about it.

A couple of years ago I noticed that sort of situation around trash cans in the BTMRR queue. I went back to my hotel room late that night, fired up my tablet and sent a letter to Passholder Guest Relations. I got a polite answer a few days later with the signature of a real person, and to this day I have never seen the wastecans in the BTMRR queue overflow again.

If guests just shrug about this standards will slip for good, but if we complain it will most likely be taken care of.

(Also, FWIW, I make it a practice to put my hand in a baggie I'm throwing away, and squash trash in the can now and again. A lot of what reduces can capacity is just air space. Look at how much of that trash is made up of hollow containers. I don't HAVE to do this, of course, but it's painless for me and makes some poor maintenance CM's life a bit easier, so I figure it's a win-win habit in a place that doesn't allow glass containers. It helps that I'm not a germaphobe, LOL.)

This is a good idea. I’ll see what the parks look like in November when we go. If we see that sort of thing, I’ll send an email. I may include something referencing my germaphobe of a mom, along the lines of: “my family took countless trips to WDW when my sister and I were little, in part because my mom—who is not a huge fan of theme parks—felt it was the only park in the country clean enough to take her children. My husband and I are now taking our daughter and want her to be in a similarly clean environment with similarly high standards. We joined DVC last year, making a commitment to Disney. Please make a commitment to us by keeping the parks clean.”

Well that just came out! Guess I’ll be able to basically copy/paste.

Saw that today. Its a regular occurrence.

I guess I've just missed it in the 10 trips or so I've made the last 3 years. I wonder how it is those trash cans overflow like that if suits are walking around- I guess they just ignore it. I posted that pic on the parks board and the general concensus is there's a lot of trash, both in the parks and in the hallways of the resorts. It's not just an isolated incident.

Wow. One of the things you always used to be able to count on when you went to Disney was that the place would be clean. The parks used to be known for how manic they were about making sure guests never saw the park dirty.

Looking at those pictures, I've seen cheap roadside carnivals that were kept cleaner than that.

Haha I've met my match! I've done this in so many ladies rooms where the used paper towels are overflowing out the garbage and people just start throwing them on the floor. Geez. Just give the garbage a good squoosh, there's plenty of room left. Amazingly we both lived to tell the tale :rotfl2:

Haha I've met my match! I've done this in so many ladies rooms where the used paper towels are overflowing out the garbage and people just start throwing them on the floor. Geez. Just give the garbage a good squoosh, there's plenty of room left. Amazingly we both lived to tell the tale :rotfl2:
Once of me compressing trash with my hand resulting in a trip to urgent care for a bunch of stitches has left me with an aversion to ever doing it again. I’ll leave trash can maintenance to someone else.

I mean the one really bad night I went to HS this past week it wasn’t just one trash can, it was every trash can in Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land that I saw. It was noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter