Are they still allowing a side substitute for drink at resorts?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
Wondering about the parks also but does anyone have any recent experience with subbing a side or dessert for the drink? Especially at the resorts where guests have their refillable mugs, I'm hoping they are still allowing this. Rant warning* The QSDDP is so expensive every little advantage matters. DD has the qs plan in her room next month because she happens to have BOG, Wolfgang Puck Express, FlameTree and Tangerine Cafe in her plans. She also loves her iced coffees and frozen lemonades. Even with those expensive meals I don't think she's saving much. She is a huge snacker though. Sorry for getting off course.....if anyone can chime in it would be most helpful. TIA

I'm also interested in this. Curious how it is going in the park and at the resort. I'm not big on the drinks, would rather drink water so we substituted our drink a lot last year. I hope this is going to still be allowed in the parks. Glad to see the report about Pop Century as that's our resort this year again!

At the Boardwalk Bakery they recently gave us a bagel in exchange for a drink since we had resort cups. We didn't try it in the park since my kids wanted soda and we never drink it so its a treat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!