Are they serious with these hotel prices?

pixiedust2u

Mouseketeer
Heading to Paris in August 2023. Planning on 6-7 nights in central Paris then heading to DL doe 2 nights to finish off our trip. Current rates for this august are 1k a night. While we have paid close to that in WDW to stay at the Poly.. the hotels in DL are not at all impressive and look like what would be a 3 star hotel at best. Are rates in August usually this high? Do they have packages that offer any kind of discount. I’m kind of at a loss!

We’re currently in August, so that may be affecting prices if you’re looking now vs, say, 4 months out.

Summer break in France is July and August. I have a former coworker from France who takes off August every year- he says that’s very common, though to what degree I’m not sure. (We don’t work in tourism, but I imagine tourist businesses are quite busy during August.)

Is there a chance you’re looking at prices that include tickets?

I’m looking at a Newport Bay package August 21-23 this year. Two nights, three days of park-to-park tickets, two adults. That’s $1570.38 total. Hotel New York is $2257.24; Sequoia Lodge is $1268.32.

School holidays are July/august. Every employee gets a minimum of 5 weeks paid annual leave. During the summer, is is very very common to take 2/3 weeks of vacation between July 15th to august 15th/20th. August is the peak crowd level for DLP with Christmas. Hence the higher prices.

I was looking at the calendar that showed nightly rates for august. I’m just more shocked that they get 1k a night for those hotels. I mean I’m all for luxury or deluxe resorts, but those are not luxury hotels and reviews certainly are not anything great. I don’t even think they are up to standard with the value resorts of WDW. Does anyone know when the renovation to the main hotel will be complete?

I was looking at the calendar that showed nightly rates for august. I’m just more shocked that they get 1k a night for those hotels. I mean I’m all for luxury or deluxe resorts, but those are not luxury hotels and reviews certainly are not anything great. I don’t even think they are up to standard with the value resorts of WDW. Does anyone know when the renovation to the main hotel will be complete?
Was this through Disneyland Paris’s website? I can’t seem to get a calendar for just hotel nights. The only options I have for booking online are for hotel+tickets or just tickets. This is through the US site.

I’m attaching the calendar of the hotel+ticket availability for Sequoia Lodge with the 1 night/2 days/2 adults parameter. The prices are for the total package- hotel and tickets.

We stayed at the Sequoia Lodge in June. It’s not luxurious (and not as nice as the Wilderness Lodge), but it was pretty spacious and the AC was spot on. We paid $1973.22 for four nights, five day tickets, two adults.

Attachments

• 5C08D02A-44C8-4384-BBF4-1F7BF41D312B.jpeg
    5C08D02A-44C8-4384-BBF4-1F7BF41D312B.jpeg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4

Try the European websites, switch in the top right corner. Usually the prices are cheaper in the other countries.

The US is usually the most expensive as Americans are used to / willing to pay for hotels.

Other options to look for something cheaper is to check platforms like trivago.com or booking.com to book room and tickets separately.

And again, as someone mentioned, the prices also include tickets. We just got done staying at Hotel Cheyenne and it was perfectly fine for our family of 4. Would I have liked a pool? Sure, but since they weren't sure that Sequoia was going to be done, we didn't want to book that one only for the pool reno not to be completed. We paid about $2k for 3 nights, 4 days worth of tickets for 2 adults and 2 kids...and it was from August 1-4.

August can be busy, personally try the European versions of the website. As mentioned above I think your booking a bit early. DLP is normally a book 6 months before kind of place. If it includes park tickets work out how much that would be as if its peak time that can make up alot of the price.

I don't know how many are in your party so I just priced for 2 adults.

2 nights onsite with park tickets in August 2023 midweek are

Santa Fe £648.40
Cheyenne £779.84
Sequoia £797.18
Newport Bay £951.46
Hotel New York £1206.16

So around $746 - $1386 for 2 nights, 2 adults with tickets for 3 days if you book on the UK website

If you look at booking.com for Chessy, the city where DL is located, there are lots of rooms for under $300 a night, some entire apartments . If you need to be onsite then you’ll obviously end up paying a lot more.

As many others have said, August is when many people in France, England, and Germany take their vacations. $1000/night is normal for the Disneyland Hotel but pretty high for the other ones. I would definitely check out some off-site options, I don't think you lose much by staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter