Are there really half & half railings? Wonder #6644)

emiliesmom

Earning My Ears
I have read a post that says some railings on Wonder are half plexi, half solid, including the railing for the cabin I've been assigned, which is 6644 on the Wonder. I can change the cabin to be 5650, which is definitely solid but is apparently bigger, but I really would prefer a little plexi, if possible. Does anyone know if there really are half plexi, half solid railings, and if 6644 is one of the cabins that has one?
Thanks for your help!

Yes!

I was in essence the same room on deck 8, the first solid walled verandah room after the portholes, and was quite surprised to walk onto our verandah only to see it was half plexi and half solid. We had gotten assigned the room as a GTY room assignment, and had been a bit bummed about the metal wall, but excited about the upgrade. It worked out great for us, since we have 2 small kids, who could look out the plexi part, while we looked out over the metal walled part.

Here's a picture of the plexi half of our verandah (again, this was on deck 8, room 8594 on the Magic, but same concept). You can see how the metal wall of the ship is starting to curve upward to block out the rest of the verandah.
16a51090.jpg

Thanks, HallsofVA! I guess I'll take a chance on 6644! It would be perfect if it was like the one you had.

I just found this thread..and I know it has been awhile since you have been on the Wonder... But I am wondering about room 6644 on the Disney Wonder... Is it really half and half railing? Thanks!!

I have read a post that says some railings on Wonder are half plexi, half solid, including the railing for the cabin I've been assigned, which is 6644 on the Wonder. I can change the cabin to be 5650, which is definitely solid but is apparently bigger, but I really would prefer a little plexi, if possible. Does anyone know if there really are half plexi, half solid railings, and if 6644 is one of the cabins that has one?
Thanks for your help!

Hi there, what coincident, we just got off the Wonder last week and stayed in room 6644. The railing is definitely full solid on the bottom and both sides cannot be opened to be shared with next cabin. The room was comfortable as usual but nothing different. Nothing was broken as far as I can tell and they actually put a new coat of vanish on the railing during our sail???
Cannot tell you about room 5650 though.

Sorry, just realized that the OP posted this in 2011.

I just found this thread..and I know it has been awhile since you have been on the Wonder... But I am wondering about room 6644 on the Disney Wonder... Is it really half and half railing? Thanks!!

We've stayed in 6644 and weren't whelmed with the solid wall. The next time we cruised on the Wonder, we booked a room closer to mid-ship so we could have a Plexiglas wall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter