Are there ever any last minute deals for Disney?

nuge67

Mouseketeer
Say a week or few days before, can one find a great deal or are all Disney deals pretty much the same regardless of when you book?

Sometimes there are deals available a few days before. Check Expedia. I don't think I've ever encountered a deal through Disney itself that was available on such short notice, with one exception: an Annual Pass room-only discount that I was able to get on one day's notice several years ago. It's possible that that kind of discount might still exist on short notice, but I have no solid evidence that it does.

Most of the special deals that Disney offers have to be booked by a specific date, usually well in advance of the actual stay.

But it doesn't hurt to ask! One could have a PIN code that the reservation system knows about but that you don't know about.

HTH.

Backing up PP comments - Disney doesn't offer deals very often close to check in dates. Most of their bookings need to be made at least a month in advance for a discount. For last minute discounts you could check Expedia as listed above - bearing in mind that Disney will not discuss the reservation with you if you go through Expedia.

If Disney is offering a room only discount during your dates, you can sometimes grab a good deal on short notice. You may have to check often, and be quick to call or book, though.

It seems that everyone is now entitled to a discount. Even though I may receive a pin # through email or postal mail its usually all the same...35% off deluxe...30% off mods...etc. And that goes for aaa and disney visa card holders and general public discounts all the same. At least that's all I see coming out ?

nuge67 said:
Say a week or few days before, can one find a great deal or are all Disney deals pretty much the same regardless of when you book?

Occasionally I've called and been checking certain resort categories, deluxe specifically, for things like day before cruise, day before package starts, etc. I've been offered what they referred to as Managers Specials, deeply discounted rooms that disappear quickly from their screen. One I remember distinctly was Poly for like $250 when places like AKL & WL were around $400. They have to jump quickly though or it will become unavailable. I was able to book BW that way over spring break 2011. Never hurts to ask. ,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter