Are there designated no smoking rooms? No smoking FLOORS?

fljelad

Mouseketeer
I mean absolutely no smoking rather than "this is a "no smoking" room because we've given it to you and you don't smoke room". We are going to AKL. I have asthma and really need a true non-smoking room.

Our DS has severe asthma and allergies. We stayed on the third floor, zebra trail, and it was non-smoking up until the last "building". We did not detect any odor in the ventilation system--and he is senstive to whiffs.

We always request special cleaning--in this case it was not done ahead of time, but they did it the next morning.

Yes, there are even No Smoking buildings in all of the resorts. When you make your reservation, explain your situation and have them make a not that you will need to be in a building that is all non smoking due to health reasons. The only resorts that may not be able to to that may be AKL and WL, since they are basically all one building.

Yes, I always get a non smoking building because of asthma. But just so you know, it doesn't always stop anyone from smoking in their rooms. The person was smoking in the room next to us, and it came in (as it always does) through the bathroom vent (we try to keep our exhaust running as much as possible, but it shuts off when we are out of ht eroom, so we often come back to the smell). I talked to one of the people in the room, as they exited and mentioned it was a non smoking room, and she just stared at me as if she had no idea what I meant (she spoke English, because she often went outside of her room to talk on her cell). I called the front desk, and while they thanked me for reporting it, did nothing. I called a second time and they offered to send housekeeping to "desmoke" it...a lot of good that would do, with the smoking still going on. Non smoking buildings also only mean in the room, so many people smoke out on the balcony/walkway. Just no way to get around it, and still travel to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!