are there BAD tables at coral reef

princess lovers mom

take me home....
we are giving this restaurant a try this trip - I have only seen phots - if you are not seated right next to the tanks are there still good views of the fish? you can't request table near fish can you?

You can ask, but there's no guarantee. All tables have a view. If you're further away, you're higher up (sort of like a theater). But it's much better to be closer, as long as you don't mind other people walking up near your table sometimes to look into the tank.

We had the most upper tier last time. It was just dh and I, but I really thought the view was too far away. I think the worst table would be the one all the way down on the right side if you are facing away from the tank, probably no matter what tier you were on. It would offer the most limited view.

we've had the table right against the tank 3 times - very nice, but next time, we're asking for a table on an upper tier, to get a more "panoramic" view of the tanks and the fishies!

Worst seats are right next to the tank on the main level. All to often kids will come running down to see the fish and bang on the tank, and it is distrupting.

we are giving this restaurant a try this trip - I have only seen phots - if you are not seated right next to the tanks are there still good views of the fish? you can't request table near fish can you?

I requested a table next to the tank when I checked in. The hostess originally tried to seat us in the top tier, but I glanced down and saw there were two tables empty at the bottom so I asked if we could sit there instead. After leaving us for a few minutes to check, we were able to be seated next to the tank instead. I was so happy I wished I could have slipped the hostess a tip. That was my first time at Coral Reef so I can't compare the view with anything else, but we loved sitting next to the tank.

Most tables are great. I find the ones more to the right side (facing the tank) are best. Less traffic of other people going by your table.

I found sitting next to the tank was novel (being "up close"), but the distortion of the concave tank made our eyes cross a little and was uncomfortable to look for too long. I would prefer being back a row or even a tier, to see the whole tank and not have to deal with that headache-inducing proximity.

We had a booth against the back wall and thought it was great!!! We had a larger view of the fish and got to watch the reaction of all the little kids watching he fish. It was great!!!

I guess I'll be in the minority but was pretty disappointed with the whole place. I dont know what I expected, but it wasnt it :)

I guess I'll be in the minority but was pretty disappointed with the whole place. I dont know what I expected, but it wasnt it :)

I completely agree, not what we imagined either. The food was fine but atmosphere was disappointing.

Ooh, I would hate to sit right at the tank. You can't see anything but right in front of you and small children will be joining you for your meal.

We sat at the booth across from the tank on the 1st level and I would have prefered to sit near the middle on the middle tier. To get a good view of the tank, not just one side or the fish swimming right in front of your face (while you eat their friend... lol!)

You can ask to sit butted up against the tank but I'd be sorely disappointed being limited to the ones right at my table.

Late dinners give some protection from the young'uns. We had an 8pm Monday dinner there, and we ended up being next to the tank. Luckily, many tables down there were open, so we didn't have people right up against us looking at the fish.

Some parents just don't pay any attention to what their children are doing; some were climbing all over that ledge, although they weren't crowding the few occupied tables while doing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter