Are the tree houses real?

Feelslikeadream

To see through the eyes of a child....this is the
My DH wants to know where the tree houses are that you can stay in...

See how much I love him .. I just used my 100th post for him!!!!!!!

The tree houses are real, but you can't stay in them. :teeth:

They're near what is now Saratoga Springs. They're not in the best of shape, and haven't been available for guests for some years. I've heard that the some of the College Program kids stay there, but I don't know that for sure.

I was riding down the river from SSR last year, and went by the old tree houses, and yes, they certainly are being lived in! Also, on an aerial view of the area, it looks like one of the pools is still in use. I have heard it is for the College program kids as well, and it looked like the age of the folks I saw living in them, so I tend to believe that.

When we were riding the boat from POR to DTD in June, the boat driver said that they were used for the international CM's...like all the ones who work at Epcot. They are definitely being used, because we saw someone walking around in one of them.

banana hammock said:
Tree Houses :confused3

What resort are they with?

Oh, I don't remember the name of the resort, something like the Disney Village? Back in the 70's-80's, there was a collection of different kinds of accomodations in the area where Saratoga Springs is now, across the water from DTD. Some villa-type places (like the Treehouse Villas), some that were almost like cottages. When the Disney Institute opened up in the late 80's, they became the lodgings for DI. Almost all of those buildings were torn down to make room for SSR. I've heard that they can't build anything new on the site where the Treehouse Villas are, for environmental reasons. So they left them alone for the time being, and use them for CM housing.

Right now, they're not associated with any resort. They're closest to SSR, but are not available for guests to use.

They were part of the Disney Village area. There were multiple types of villas, treehouses being one, fairway villas another, and vacation villas another. When I was young, we stayed at the Fairways villas all the time. We'd take the bus to pick up people in the treeshouse villas on our way to the parks. They were nice, you had 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, living room, 2 baths, a laundry in each 'unit'. And, right near the marketplace (now downtown disney). So yes, you used to be able to stay in them, but not anymore.

We stayed in a treehouse in the summer of '91. OKW opened in '92, so I think that was the beginning of the end for them. Pretty soon afterwards, the whole place became the Disney Institute Resort and we almost stayed in one of the fairway villas in the summer of 2000, but I don't remember the treehouses being an option, then. However, we weren't looking at 3 bedrooms at the time and that's what the treehouses were, so I can't say for sure if they were unavailable by then.

The treehouses were okay. We had a family reunion and had three in a row. There was a bedrrom, downstairs in the base of the house. There were 2 more bedrooms and the living area upstairs. Overall it was very woodsie and if that's what you are looking for, I'd look into the FW cabins, for the same feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter