Are Swan/Dolphin 2005 Discounts Out?

disneydebk

Mouseketeer
Hi!
Has anyone been able to get a teacher, nurse, or government employee rate yet for 2005? Thanks!

I just got the 2005 Entertainment book and didn't see the Swan/Dolphin listed. Is there an Entertainment rate, and can we go ahead and make reservations now?

Thanks!

FonFon,
Who did you speak to about the Entertainment card rates being released? I just called SPG (for about the 4th time this month) and they tell me none of the discounted rates have been put in the system yet. Is there another number that you used?
Thanks!:D

It is my understanding that no discount rates for 2005 at the S/D have been released yet of any type.

I called the Swan yesterday to ask about teacher discounts for our March 2005 reservation, and she said to try back in October or November. I also asked about AP rates--same story.

Hope this helps!

I'm also waiting for the discounted rates for May 2005 and everytime I call they say they haven't been released yet.

I'm hoping it's soon. If anyone hears information as to when they are going to be released please post.

I called yesterday and was told that the Swan and the Dolphin were BOTH sold out for my date - February 12, 2005 (we are going on the Disney Wonder on 2/13/05 - so I only need the one night).

What's up with that?

Both hotels might be booked for your night in Feb. because of a convention. Many groups reserve large blocks of rooms and then the hotels "release" them after their deadline if all the rooms aren't booked. Try back and see if you can get a room later.

Will they ever be released? <sigh> I'd love to get a trip squared away for late February but I'm tired of waiting.

We love the Dolphin--we're really not interested in staying anywhere else but I don't want to pay $300 per night either. Maybe it's time to start looking for something else.

NMAmy,
I think if you're patient, you'll get a discount at the Dolphin. I'm betting that October or November will be the magic time that the discounts are announced. That's my optimistic outlook!!

Good luck to us all!!

I'm looking for those discounts too. When I spoke with them on the phone today, they still had not released discounts for the week leading up to Memorial Day for 2005. Maybe they'll do it in October around Halloween...:rolleyes:

That is the same week we are waiting for. We'll be going May 24th, and I'd like to get the teacher discount! :earsgirl:

There is a discount that you can get but its not as good as
the entertainment rate or teacher. I have been depreate to find
a discount for NYE week this year and finally found this one, it was only good through Dec.31 04, just
this week they extended to Dec. 2005.
You have to be a starwood member but its free to join.
Go to the starwood site and click on member exclusives, then click
on more offers, scrool down to the 35% off resorts world wide.
The Swan and Dolphin are offered on this discount. Its not great
but if you really want the S/D you might book this way and then
change it to a better discount when and if avaliable. I got my room at the Swan for NYE for $230 vs $300.
Hope this is some help
Wintermom:Pinkbounc

I know. I am getting obsessive. I am waiting for a ENT or allears discount for January 2005 and they haven't been released yet. I haven't really decided if I want Swan or Yacht/Beach/Boardwalk, but I figure I'll go with whatever one has a discount available first! But neither Disney nor Starwood are helping out just yet! LOL :) Hopefully soon. And in the meantime, I am checking twice a day (on line) and weekly by calling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter