Are Slinky Dog Dash and 7 Dwarves Kid Coasters like Barnstormer??

FP+ - use your first 3 up quickly, and then refresh for the win! Much easier and better than legacy fp

Yeah, take the time to really read the FP+ use and tips so that you "get" how to use FP+ to your advantage. It's by far better than ol' FP, and can be used in a very similar way to MaxP, and it's free.

I'm being misunderstood here. I've been to Disney World umpteen times but not since 2010, and since 2010 I've been to Disneyland five times. I am TOTALLY a Disney person and Disney is TOTALLY for me!! My reason for posting was I am considering going back to World but I know they have the (to me) horrible FP+ system now and I know it's hard to get FPs for the rides I mentioned so I wanted to know if they were kid like in their 'thrill' cause if they aren't I'd rather ride my favorites and skip these new ones. If they hadn't ruined their FP system and still had legacy FP I would do them for sure. But I'm not sure I would want to waste my precious few FPs on them.
Untul you’ve tried the new FP system you’re using strong terms in the way of ‘horrible’, ‘ruined’, etc. Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it. Many people have tried the new system (and the old) so can run a true comparison, and like the new system, or both.

You’ve received a lot of input here about people saying they like 7DMT and SDD but nobody is trusting your arm to go on them.

Okay, I can't imagine how this is true. Granted, I've not used PP+ so maybe I have it wrong. But what I THINK it is is having to choose a measly THREE fastpasses two months in advance, from TIERS where you cannot choose BOTH RR and TOT or BOTH Soarin' and TT and probably others I am not thinking of, too. And that AFTER you use your the third FP you can then select a fourth, but there are usually no good FPs to choose from because they were chosen and booked two months ago!!

Disneyland's legacy FP is so much nicer because you can get your FPs as you go along, and you can get as many as you want with no tier restrictions either. With the addition of MaxPass you can book your FPs from your phone/app and not have to run around to the ride kiosks first anymore. So if you're willing to pay $10 per person per day for MaxPass you are getting the convenience of booking FP from your phone all day long and the passes you want are there because they weren't snagged two months ago. If you chose not to pay for MaxPass then you still get the awesome legacy pass where yes, you have to run around to the ride kiosks to obtain the FPs, BUT you can have as many as you want allll day long and again they are available because they weren't snapped up two months ago!!

Unless I am seriously misunderstanding FP+ I don't see how on earth it could be better than legacy FP with zero tiers and zero limits. Also with MaxPass you can get your next FP only ninety minutes after you got your last one, not two hours (of course if your ride return time is earlier than that you can get your next FP as soon as your window opens up).
I would suggest reading the "Refresh strategy" thread on here. People are constantly changing their plans and rearranging their FPs day of. There are lots and lots and lots of good FPs available all day long. I haven't been since TSL opened, but twice this year that I've gone, there have been FPs available for every single ride throughout the day. I hardly ever wait in a standby line. I would say that it is comparable to Maxpass, except it's free. Not sure where the 2 hours comes into play, but once I scan in my last FP, I'm able to get my next one before I even get on that ride. And I'm even able to use all of the first 3 within the first hour I'm in the park sometimes. Plus after the first 3, tiers don't make any difference (and you can get RnR and ToT at the same time). I love going into a day knowing that I have a FP for my 3 favorite rides in that park without having to run to the ride to get a time to have to go back to that ride later.

I definitely wouldn't judge it this harshly until you've actually used it.

Thank you, you've given me hope that I could maybe successfully visit Disney World again. I see so many threads about people trying strategies to get their favorites 60+5 days out and having to try on the later days of the trips that it all sounds very difficult. Back when I used to go to Disney World frequently I knew how to use the legacy FP system well and was very disappointed when it was revamped. I vowed to stay away for several years hoping things would change or go back to normal. It sounds like it has at least gotten away from the three only per day and only in one park at least. I did not know that once you use your three up that then the tiers don't matter. That is good news. Can you just keep getting more and more FPs as the day goes on and do people really go to the trouble of canceling what they have, rather than just letting the reservation go unused?

Thank you, you've given me hope that I could maybe successfully visit Disney World again. I see so many threads about people trying strategies to get their favorites 60+5 days out and having to try on the later days of the trips that it all sounds very difficult. Back when I used to go to Disney World frequently I knew how to use the legacy FP system well and was very disappointed when it was revamped. I vowed to stay away for several years hoping things would change or go back to normal. It sounds like it has at least gotten away from the three only per day and only in one park at least. I did not know that once you use your three up that then the tiers don't matter. That is good news. Can you just keep getting more and more FPs as the day goes on and do people really go to the trouble of canceling what they have, rather than just letting the reservation go unused?
You definitely can keep adding as the day goes on and that's actually the best thing to do, as long as you bring a power bank for your phone! I refresh like crazy on my app because you would be surprised how many things get cancelled and how often times change. Just waiting for our lunch in AK I was able to get a safari FP and move it up by about 2-3 hours with refreshing. MANY people cancel last minute because either their plans change or they are refreshing as well.

Yes, you just keep going and going. I usually average about 10-12 FPs per day, closer to 12-15 at MK where there are more rides. I will say, the larger your group, the harder it is to find more of the headliners same day. I'm usually in a group of 3-4. Some FPs are harder to find than others, but I'm usually able to get whatever I want with some refreshing.

Okay, I can't imagine how this is true. Granted, I've not used PP+ so maybe I have it wrong. But what I THINK it is is having to choose a measly THREE fastpasses two months in advance, from TIERS where you cannot choose BOTH RR and TOT or BOTH Soarin' and TT and probably others I am not thinking of, too. And that AFTER you use your the third FP you can then select a fourth, but there are usually no good FPs to choose from because they were chosen and booked two months ago!!
You now can choose RnR and Tot as FP

Disneyland's legacy FP is so much nicer because you can get your FPs as you go along, and you can get as many as you want with no tier restrictions either. With the addition of MaxPass you can book your FPs from your phone/app and not have to run around to the ride kiosks first anymore. So if you're willing to pay $10 per person per day for MaxPass you are getting the convenience of booking FP from your phone all day long and the passes you want are there because they weren't snagged two months ago. If you chose not to pay for MaxPass then you still get the awesome legacy pass where yes, you have to run around to the ride kiosks to obtain the FPs, BUT you can have as many as you want allll day long and again they are available because they weren't snapped up two months ago!!
You can do the same with FP+. Book your first three and then keep booking them on your phone once you have used all three. Many will book while in line for their 3rd FP ride

Unless I am seriously misunderstanding FP+ I don't see how on earth it could be better than legacy FP with zero tiers and zero limits. Also with MaxPass you can get your next FP only ninety minutes after you got your last one, not two hours (of course if your ride return time is earlier than that you can get your next FP as soon as your window opens up).
you don't have to wait 90 mins at all. You book 9-10, 10-11, 11-12 then keep booking them. Once you scan you 11 you can book your next at 11:30 while you are in line to get on your 11am one. You should read the FP thread on the top of this page

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter