Are sites buying points for rental right now?

RichV03

Mouseketeer
Once we get our points(currently in the closing process) there will be 94 points that need to be used before September but I dont think well be able to use them. I am just wondering if any rental sites right now are buying points with everything going on. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
You would need to post here in the rental forum and you would need to contact the sites that sell points. Always a chance but likely at a big discount if anything.

You would need to post here in the rental forum and you would need to contact the sites that sell points. Always a chance but likely at a big discount if anything.
I thought about that, is it easy to rent out to people on this site? I'm new to all things DVC and would hate to screw something up. Also do you have a recommendation on what "sites" would be best to contact about renting? Outside of davids and dvc store i'm not sure where to look.

Probably not. Between the 3 points brokers, they have at least 1300 confirmed reservations to rent. I would actually be surprised if you closed and DVC uploaded the points before they expired.

Perhaps you can gift them to someone who lives in FL if you don't have a chance to rent. Better that someone enjoy them, then let them go. I know others in the same boat who have made arrangements with people they know that can travel by car to WDW - some are renting (at a discount), some gifting.

If you’re willing to take $6 or $7 per point I think you’ll be able to unload them. You can try here or put a confirmed reservation on the 3 major sites. A lot of people have a lot of points listed and most of them will probably expire unused. You’ll need to be aggressive to undercut the masses.

You can also put the points in RCI and use them for a nice weekend somewhere in the next year. Better than them expiring.

I’m in a similar boat but it’s only 7 points. Which I’m pretty sure don’t buy anything. Will it be worth it to transfer them to someone?

If you’re willing to take $6 or $7 per point I think you’ll be able to unload them. You can try here or put a confirmed reservation on the 3 major sites. A lot of people have a lot of points listed and most of them will probably expire unused. You’ll need to be aggressive to undercut the masses.

You can also put the points in RCI and use them for a nice weekend somewhere in the next year. Better than them expiring.
I thought one of the restrictions buying resale was you couldn't use points towards RCI?

I’m in a similar boat but it’s only 7 points. Which I’m pretty sure don’t buy anything. Will it be worth it to transfer them to someone?

not unless they are close to the end of their use year and haven’t used their one time per use year transfer....

I don’t even think you can get a value room for it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter