Are resorts truly at full capacity?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
I am so mad at myself. We were going to end our trip with a one night stay at Beach Club in June 5th, only to realize today that my reservation is for July 5th! 😩 All that time on the phone with them...how did I let that happen?! And of course BC and YC are all sold out. I am so mad.

I have two questions. With less than 30 days to go what is the likelihood something will pop up? I can’t remember if you have until 30 days to cancel, or was it pay in full?

Also, I’m a little concerned that all but two resorts are unavailable. Are they keeping resorts at 35% capacity, or is that just for parks?

Thank you!

Make sure to do a search for rack rate rooms (not the 30% discount). You might find more availability. Have you tried calling reservations to see if they can help?

According to CMs, there are no capacity limits at resorts and when they are full they are full. Instead, up to 30% of their room inventory is offline at closed resorts.YC is very full. That’s why the wait for Stormalong Bay can be hours even with the hotel side of BC still closed.

But you may also be running into the hotel room inventory algorithm, the computer doesn’t show availability for date/duration combinations that are not as profitable...and a one night Saturday stay is probably blocked. Many hotels nationwide require multi-night stays on busy weekends. They would prefer to hold the room for someone coming for at least the while weekend.

As to 30 days, it’s both on packages — balance of payment is due at 30 days and that is the last day to cancel without $200 penalty.

Last edited:

They are keeping open rooms due to the decreased park capacity. It's not 35%, but Disney also hasn't told us exactly how much.

Note that while package payments are due 30 days in advance, room-only bookings can be canceled up to 6 days prior to check-in without penalty. Also, even with a package stay, guests can change the dates of their stay without Disney tacking on an extra fee, so some guests may elect to do that as well.

BC hotel side opens that week and many were waiting on it so yeah, they’re very full. For reference, there’s no AP discount available for my last night at YC (I check out on 6/5) so I had to pay rack rate and even then availability was extremely limited. I was lucky to be able to get my Water View. And that was back in March. You might be SOL now but keep checking, as pp said you might get lucky due to the room only cancellation cutoff.

I am so mad at myself. We were going to end our trip with a one night stay at Beach Club in June 5th, only to realize today that my reservation is for July 5th! 😩 All that time on the phone with them...how did I let that happen?! And of course BC and YC are all sold out. I am so mad.

I have two questions. With less than 30 days to go what is the likelihood something will pop up? I can’t remember if you have until 30 days to cancel, or was it pay in full?

Also, I’m a little concerned that all but two resorts are unavailable. Are they keeping resorts at 35% capacity, or is that just for parks?

Thank you!
So sorry you are having this challenge, but know you are not alone. I booked a whole vacation a week early a couple years ago and didn’t realize it until I got the email to do online check in. It took a few days to get it all straightened out, but it finally did. There are a lot of choices in the Epcot resorts area, so keep checking, multiple times per day. Good luck!

Disney isn't going to say what % of capacity they are allowing their hotels to have (or when they might add more capacity) since that would be useful information for a competitor like Universal to know. The Disney person you get on the phone might express their opinion about any number of topics, but doesn't necessarily mean it is correct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter