• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

Its a Festival of Fantasy Sprint!

I debated if I wanted to watch the parade at all this trip but I didn't see it in January so I decided to try and catch it. I staked out a spot in Frontierland right where it begins with the plan to try and beat the parade before it reached the front of the park so I could leave.

There were two bands that played before the parade.

IMG_3754 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3755 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Grand Marshalls!

IMG_3759 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

And it begins!

IMG_3761 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3764 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3770 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3771 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3776 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Some of the costume are incredibly detailed.

IMG_3777 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3780 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3785 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3786 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3788 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3793 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

My favorite float in the parade!

IMG_3800 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3805 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3810 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3816 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3819 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3823 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3827 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3834 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3841 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3845 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

IMG_3846 by Ryan Teetz, on Flickr

Now for the mad dash! As soon as the path opened I booked it towards the front of the park. I made it through Adventureland and to the hub. The parade was just starting to approach the area. I continued to try to move as fast as I could. Luckily I made it out and through the exit and up to the monorail station! What was my plan of attack?

Up Next: What shall I buy?

Wow, way to go!! I was wondering what your plan of attack was going to be. I guessed you might hop the train and take it around to the front.

Love your parade pics! I love this parade so much, I tend to listen to the full soundtrack when I'm not in WDW - its just so great!

27648319068_52e02035e6_k.jpg
Great shot of the fire! I find when I see it I always just miss the fire breathing part!

Glad you were able to make it out of there, must be a a lot easier since you were solo right?!

Love your parade pics! I love this parade so much, I tend to listen to the full soundtrack when I'm not in WDW - its just so great!

Great shot of the fire! I find when I see it I always just miss the fire breathing part!

Glad you were able to make it out of there, must be a a lot easier since you were solo right?!
Thanks!

I always try to get good fire shots.

Yes definitely easier to maneuver when solo.

I love your parade pictures!

I should probably find time to see that parade eventually, right? I hate losing valuable ride time to watch a parade, but it does look nice...

I love your parade pictures!

I should probably find time to see that parade eventually, right? I hate losing valuable ride time to watch a parade, but it does look nice...
Thanks!

I definitely recommend seeing it at least once. Its a favorite of mine and worth seeing once. I understand where you are coming from though. That's why i didn't see it in January with the limited park time I had from running Dopey.

Normally I'd be on board with calling the shoe lady out for gross behavior...

But I think you're mistaken. The soles of those shoes are glowing white, as in brand new. She did not walk through the parks wearing those shoes for even 5 minutes. Not possible.

I think she was purchasing them. Her other shoes were probably hurting her feet, so she bought some that would be more comfortable.

At least that's my theory.....

Normally I'd be on board with calling the shoe lady out for gross behavior...

But I think you're mistaken. The soles of those shoes are glowing white, as in brand new. She did not walk through the parks wearing those shoes for even 5 minutes. Not possible.

I think she was purchasing them. Her other shoes were probably hurting her feet, so she bought some that would be more comfortable.

At least that's my theory.....
That’s an interesting theory although when watching her she did not purchase any shoes. Those didn’t appear to be Disney shoes either so not sure she could’ve bought those there.

That’s an interesting theory although when watching her she did not purchase any shoes. Those didn’t appear to be Disney shoes either so not sure she could’ve bought those there.
Since you were an actual witness, we will go with your account, lol! (I was desperately hoping she did not do that...Yuck!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter