• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

Great photos of my favorite show!

I'm jealous you got to see Baby Augustus. Every time I went on the safari on my most recent trip, I missed him.

A Wild Day at Disney's Animal Kingdom!

Pandora: The World of Avatar has so many details. I love just walking through this land.

View attachment 311599

These images are inside the Canteen ordering area.

View attachment 311600

View attachment 311601

View attachment 311602

View attachment 311603

I ordered the cheeseburger pods and the blueberry cheesecake for dessert. Mobile order worked out well but did take a little longer than I expected.

View attachment 311604

View attachment 311606

View attachment 311607

View attachment 311608

View attachment 311609

Overall I really enjoyed Satuli Canteen. The pods were great but I liked the chips even better. The dessert is definitely something I would get again. I loved everything I ordered and the restaurant is a new favorite. Next time I hope to try one of the bowls instead.

After that I decided to head over to Festival of the Lion King to see if I could make the 1PM show.

Up Next: A Festival and a Safari!

Great start to your TR...Following along! When were you there?
And we also loved Satuli Canteen so much that we ate there on two different days during our recent trip! Loved the chicken & rice bowls! :)

Festival and a Safari

View attachment 312083

View attachment 312084

And that was the end of the Safari! A lot of Rhinos out this go around. No Cheetahs in their spot. After the safari I headed into the Gorilla Falls trail.

View attachment 312085

View attachment 312086

View attachment 312087

View attachment 312088

View attachment 312089

View attachment 312090

View attachment 312091

View attachment 312092

Continued in Next Post...

Wow...Your photos are beautiful!

Dinoland and more!

After the Safari and Gorilla Falls I headed to Starbucks for a refreshing beverage. I am a big iced tea and lemonade drinker but I had never had their half and half before. I decided to give it a try and I was very surprised at how much I liked it.

IMG_3073JPG.jpg

After that I headed back through to Dinoland USA!

This road is familiar for WDW Marathon runners... We head out on this road backstage and out of AK onto the highway for a few miles. We see the backside of Everest this way.

IMG_3074JPG.jpg

Then I decided to take a spin on Primeval Whirl!

IMG_3075JPG.jpg \

For those of you that don't know I am a big MagicBand guy and today I was sporting my Valley of Mo'ara MagicBand.

IMG_3076JPG.jpg

After spinning I headed into Dinosaur. I was overall surprised with the crowd levels this trip as it was spring break time but it didn't feel overly crowded.

IMG_3077JPG.jpg

IMG_3078.jpg

We actually got stuck in the Pre-Show for about 10 minutes because someone lost their bag on the ride. They held us in the room until they retrieved the bag and the ride was back up.

Dinosaur is a favorite of mine.

rsz_img_3207.jpg

After that I headed back to Pandora! I had time to kill so I decided to test something. I am a new user of the Touring Plans lines app. The posted wait time of Flight of Passage was 90 minutes. The expected wait time on the TP app said 75 minutes. That wait really isn't bad by any means for this attraction. I decided to test it out. This is also the first time where the title of this report comes into play...

IMG_3082JPG.jpg

IMG_3080JPG.jpg

The queue is one of my favorites in all of WDW.

IMG_3081JPG.jpg

While waiting in the exterior portion of the queue I was behind a father and son who was maybe 6-7 years old? The dad was on his phone the entire time. The kid was climbing on EVERYTHING... I mean he was inside the guardrails climbing on top of plants. He would take the warning card they now give you for the ride and using it to hit the plants. I really really wanted to say something but I didn't. The family was also not from here as they spoke a different language I couldn't make out. I just kept thinking this is why we can't have nice things. And this was only the beginning of my trip title...

Up Next: Flight of Passage 3 time in a row!

FoP queue is so detailed. It really thinks that people ruin it. I saw a ton of change in the lab displays when I was there. I think I saw pictures of the change as well in another trip report here on the Dis. It takes away from the experience. Your Dinosaur picture made me laugh. Being stuck in that preshow is better than being stuck in FoP preshow.

FoP queue is so detailed. It really thinks that people ruin it. I saw a ton of change in the lab displays when I was there. I think I saw pictures of the change as well in another trip report here on the Dis. It takes away from the experience. Your Dinosaur picture made me laugh. Being stuck in that preshow is better than being stuck in FoP preshow.
Yep. I didn’t notice a lot of change in the lab but there definitely was some. People need to appreciate their surroundings more.

I tried to do something interesting for each ride photo. Since I was solo I wanted a reason to keep the ride photos.

I never know what to get at Starbucks because I'm not the biggest coffee drinker so I may have to try there half and half drink. Your Dinosaur ride picture is a great one. The FoP queue is just so detailed but it really is a shame that people just don't care and do whatever they want or let there kids do whatever they want. Frankly this happens everywhere.

I never know what to get at Starbucks because I'm not the biggest coffee drinker so I may have to try there half and half drink. Your Dinosaur ride picture is a great one. The FoP queue is just so detailed but it really is a shame that people just don't care and do whatever they want or let there kids do whatever they want. Frankly this happens everywhere.
I don’t drink a lot of coffee either but I like some and of course iced tea and lemonade.

Yeah the dad wasn’t even paying attention which was unfortunate.

Just joining in but caught up.

That IS a fabulous arch picture!

I am actual in favor of the soap/shampoo dispensers from an environmental standpoint. I'm on a mission against excess plastic. Although the little bottles are cute and I do have quite a few in my personal collection...

:rolleyes1

Tell me about the McCaw flyover. I have noticed birds flying overhead in groups on my last couple of trips. I thought it was part of the Flights of Wonder show, but since the show is over now, I know it is not.

I really want to try the food in Pandora. The blueberry cheesecake thing looks amazing. Not sure about the cheeseburger pod- looks a bit doughy. Maybe try one of the bowls.

Your pictures from The Lion King are INCREDIBLE and ditto for the safari photos!!!!!!!!!

:worship:

I appreciated your cheetah joke!

Wow!!! I can't believe how much Stella has grown since I saw her in October!

And you saw the baby hippo too. Cool!

Pretty awesome start to your trip- Yay on multiple rides on FoP!!!

:dogdance:

Just joining in but caught up.

That IS a fabulous arch picture!

I am actual in favor of the soap/shampoo dispensers from an environmental standpoint. I'm on a mission against excess plastic. Although the little bottles are cute and I do have quite a few in my personal collection...

:rolleyes1

Tell me about the McCaw flyover. I have noticed birds flying overhead in groups on my last couple of trips. I thought it was part of the Flights of Wonder show, but since the show is over now, I know it is not.

I really want to try the food in Pandora. The blueberry cheesecake thing looks amazing. Not sure about the cheeseburger pod- looks a bit doughy. Maybe try one of the bowls.

Your pictures from The Lion King are INCREDIBLE and ditto for the safari photos!!!!!!!!!

:worship:

I appreciated your cheetah joke!

Wow!!! I can't believe how much Stella has grown since I saw her in October!

And you saw the baby hippo too. Cool!

Pretty awesome start to your trip- Yay on multiple rides on FoP!!!

:dogdance:
Thanks for joining in Dee!

I don't mind the dispensers at the values. I think for the deluxe prices I wouldn't be as thrilled with that change.

The flyover has a name but I can't remember what it is off of the top of my head. It happens a few times throughout the day. They start right in front of the tree of life. I believe it is on the times guide.

Highly recommend Satuli Canteen in Pandora!

Thanks!

Stella has definitely grown a lot!

Great trip report and pictures! you definitely should try the bowls at Satuli Canteen! The one with the beef is awesome:-)

I love your face (and hands) in the Dinosaur ride picture!

Don't get me started on parents. I see it a lot at Disney, but I see it around NY too. I'm pretty sure some parents forget they have kids once they get a phone. Whether they're playing games or texting or on the phone ... I don't understand why they can't at least make sure their kid isn't doing something that could injure themselves or the people around them or damage someone else's property. Grr.
(On the flip side, I often see parents who are constantly watching to make sure their kid is behaving, even if they're on the phone, and stop the kid if they start doing something they shouldn't do. So not all parents are the worst. But some of them really need to learn to supervise their kids.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter