Are now you more or less excited for Lookout Cay?

After preview cruise, are you more or less excited about Lo

• More excited

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • Less excited

Votes: 150 64.4%
  • Same excitement (High)

Votes: 44 18.9%
  • Same excitement (Low)

Votes: 17 7.3%

• Total voters

Caribbean and Bahama cruises in general are not something I am interested in right now. However from what I have seen on various vlogs about Look Out Cay, its a positive for me. Im not interested in the all the waterpark stuff, I dont want to do things like swim with dolphins or feed the stingrays, I dont want to do any of the extras that seem to be standard with all the private islands from Disney and the other main cruiselines. I dont see the point in paying for a cruise that includes all these things that I dont want to do.

However, Look Out Cay seems ideal to me. A chill beach day, more local vibe, no gaudy theming, no waterslides, etc .

The fly issue with the food is concerning, but having worked in the hospitality industry, this is something I am confident they will get sorted. To me thats a temporary issue, part of the start up snag list.

As an international visitor, I want to experience local culture if possible. I dont have that type of beach local to me, we dont get that type of weather. So I am looking for a very different beach experience than jaded Florida people who take having that as an every day experience for granted.

I am less excited.

My favourite part of our cruise last year was Castaway so I was really excited for this. I was looking into booking a cruise that did both Castaway and Lookout Pt in March - but it really just comes across as … underwhelming? Not saying I will never go, I always appreciate a free beach and food - but I’m not rushing to put a deposit down like I anticipated I would be.

Caribbean and Bahama cruises in general are not something I am interested in right now. However from what I have seen on various vlogs about Look Out Cay, its a positive for me. Im not interested in the all the waterpark stuff, I dont want to do things like swim with dolphins or feed the stingrays, I dont want to do any of the extras that seem to be standard with all the private islands from Disney and the other main cruiselines. I dont see the point in paying for a cruise that includes all these things that I dont want to do.

However, Look Out Cay seems ideal to me. A chill beach day, more local vibe, no gaudy theming, no waterslides, etc .

The fly issue with the food is concerning, but having worked in the hospitality industry, this is something I am confident they will get sorted. To me thats a temporary issue, part of the start up snag list.

As an international visitor, I want to experience local culture if possible. I dont have that type of beach local to me, we dont get that type of weather. So I am looking for a very different beach experience than jaded Florida people who take having that as an every day experience for granted.
Bad Pink Tink, I think along similar lines as you. I don't want to go on a cruise to go to a water park. I can do that here at home. (Florida, but not jaded - lol) To me, the cruise ship is one part of the experience, and the other part is experiencing the destinations you visit. If I'm in the Bahamas, I want to experience the Bahamas. I want to learn something, see something new, enjoy a landscape that is different from the one at home.

I know that I am stating the obvious(to me anyway), but did no one from DCL take a cruise to Princess Cay or other areas of Eleuthera? You have to know your competition, but I think there would be outrage and a general consensus of don't build here if they were not able to control the flies. Like it hate it on the rest, but at some point, food safety is a huge deal and appears to be a huge problem so far. Do they have blowers everywhere? Pesticides, frogs, whatever, they do it somehow? There is no way you can tell me that those little slow moving windmill things are doing anything to deter flies.

A 5 minite walk if you're a very fit, young 20 something. Quite longer for the younger and older crowds, especially at the end of a long, hot beach day.

Just spoke with an officer and the golf carts are NOT available for everyone. Only those with mobility issues.

The wait for the tram to the beach was a crowded, long 10-15 minute wait in the direct sun too. Same for coming back to the ship.
How do they justify having all those trams on Castaway Cay for EVERYONE, but these are only for mobility issues on this island?? And how exactly do you prove to have a mobility issue?! this is awful.

How do they justify having all those trams on Castaway Cay for EVERYONE, but these are only for mobility issues on this island?? And how exactly do you prove to have a mobility issue?! this is awful.
Honor system? My DM is thinking of trying to sign up for a cart for tomorrow's stop. We'll see.
A bigger issue is the fact there were NO beach wheelchairs available. At all. Those with scooters and chairs has to stay on the paths or the elevated decks. Cast said they just hadn't arrived yet. No word on when they would.

The trams are for everyone. The golf carts from the ship are for those with mobility issues. They were letting anyone jump on a golf cart on the way back to the ship

The trams are for everyone. The golf carts from the ship are for those with mobility issues. They were letting anyone jump on a golf cart on the way back to the ship
Maybe they were for your sailing but they were not doing that for ours. Cast would not let just anyone on them.

This wasn't our experience but I am looking forward to seeing if some of these things change for tomorrow.

I always appreciate your cast perspective though! Lots of love you you and all of your friends for all of the hard work you do!

Honor system? My DM is thinking of trying to sign up for a cart for tomorrow's stop. We'll see.
A bigger issue is the fact there were NO beach wheelchairs available. At all. Those with scooters and chairs has to stay on the paths or the elevated decks. Cast said they just hadn't arrived yet. No word on when they would.
While we like to think everything has gone "back to normal" since the pandemic, many businesses are still struggling with both lingering supply chain issues AND a worker shortage. (Sadly, I hear about this daily in my job) so it's not unexpected that some things might not have been ready when initially promised. There are some things that are just out of Disney's control and I can't see them shifting an entire schedule of cruises sold to the public a year ago because some of the things they expected to have were not there. It is unfortunate for those that it affected, and I'm sorry those people did not get to fully enjoy the things others did.

I’m still excited, but so nervous! We’re taking our 3 and 5 year old grandkids on their first Disney cruise. I want it to be fun for them, and us. Definitely bringing two umbrella strollers. Also trying to figure out how we can bring our own lunch from the ship to eat without flies.

I’m still excited, but so nervous! We’re taking our 3 and 5 year old grandkids on their first Disney cruise. I want it to be fun for them, and us. Definitely bringing two umbrella strollers. Also trying to figure out how we can bring our own lunch from the ship to eat without flies.
Generally, you are not allowed to take food on or off the ship. Usually only prepackaged/unopened snacks and drinks. This isn't a Disney rule - these are port agriculture/customs rules.

Looking forward to visiting, with the added bonus of an empty ship going by all the "we're cancelling" comments.
AND you will not have to wear a COVID mask like we did during our empty COVID cruises. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
ENJOY the echo - ECHO - ECHOOOOO :hyper:

Just saw another post where all the wagons are now at the pier for parents to load the kiddos and are first come first serve.

Order uncrustables from room service! We brought them on port excursions.

I have been eyeing LC cruises since the announcement and it’s a hard no for me after seeing the reviews and videos. Disney’s “if we build it, they will come” attitude has really surpassed its shelf life for me at this point. Spending thousands of dollars to walk that pier and eat fly infested food all for the “pleasure” of visiting a place with the word “Disney” splashed across it? No thank you. From the parks to the cruise ships, I think this company has really lost its way in focusing on guest experience.

This is precisely my point. You have spent thousands on a Disney vacation and you have to now figure out how to provide yourself with food that isn’t infested with flies?! Disney needs to get its act together.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest