Are kids allowed in the bars/lounges?

Minnesota!

Shoeless in Minnesota
In Minnesota, it's not a big deal. Kids are always in the bars, having a kiddy-cocktail, helping mom open pull tabs, ;) etc.

We like to hit the lounges for the appetizers/an adult beverage. My kids have decided they are too old for the kids clubs now (boooo...), but I know they would enjoy kicking back in a lounge, having some snacks and a few kiddy cocktails.

Specifically thinking Nomad and Territory Lounge.

I know Trader Sam's is adult only after a certain time...any other lounges the same? Or, straight up where kids aren't allowed?

Yes. Almost. :)

Only Trader Sams has the time limit, and jelly rolls (is that still open?) doesn't allow them st all.

They are even allowed to sit AT the bar, which is doubly weird for those with very restrictive state laws. ;)

In Minnesota, it's not a big deal. Kids are always in the bars, having a kiddy-cocktail, helping mom open pull tabs, ;) etc.

We like to hit the lounges for the appetizers/an adult beverage. My kids have decided they are too old for the kids clubs now (boooo...), but I know they would enjoy kicking back in a lounge, having some snacks and a few kiddy cocktails.

Specifically thinking Nomad and Territory Lounge.

I know Trader Sam's is adult only after a certain time...any other lounges the same? Or, straight up where kids aren't allowed?
It's still Disney - children are welcome at the Lounges.

My kid likes Mizner's because she can chat up the band outside the doorway to the Lounge.

She enjoys pulling up a tall barstool when we stop in at ESPN.

And the current bonus is that she is at an age where her teeth make an obvious choice for anyone in need of a bottle opener for their beer.

Last edited:

Yes. Almost. :)

Only Trader Sams has the time limit, and jelly rolls (is that still open?) doesn't allow them st all.

They are even allowed to sit AT the bar, which is doubly weird for those with very restrictive state laws. ;)

Kids at the bar is allowed here, and they can even be served where I grew up in Wisconsin ;) I loved going to the bar with my parents in the summers!!

Thanks, all!

I was wondering the same about Crew's Cup.
We have seen families at Crew's . The crowd is usually a combination of people waiting for a table at YSH , people hanging at CC and business people gathering before dinner or after their meeting.

Yup. Honestly I wish there were a few more that didn't allow kids. I don't dislike them but sometimes you want to be able to relax a bit and not have to hear screaming kids and have them running all over the place.

I have to agree. When my husband and I want to sit at the bar and have an actual cocktail, and there are four kids with Shirley temples playing around in their stools, spinning twisting etc I find it inappropriate. The seats AT the bar should be for those of age imo. In the bar in general, MAYBE ok, if they serve actual food, and they are being well behaved and well mannered. I digress, that really is on the parents in every way.

We eat at Crew's Cup at least once each trip, and have drinks there a few times more, and we often see kids. Don't think they have a kids menu for food though. It can get pretty busy between 6:00-9:00 or so with spillover from people waiting for a Yachtsman table, as well as Friday/Saturday nights. We've gone a few times and been unable to find a seat.

I am not too worried about not having a kids menu - my kids are 10 and 13 and eat human food ;)

And, they are definitely NOT the kids people see running around...they are content to sit and hang with us and chat. That's why I asked - I know a lot of people see kids and think they will be a disruption, and some surely are. Thankfully, I have not had to deal with that with my kids.

If they can get some fancy things to nosh on and some sugared up drinks, they are on their best behavior ;)

I brought my 4 and 6 year old into Crews Cup this month. Gave them their headphones and kindles from the plane and they sat quiet as mice! They do offer standard kid selections of pasta, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese.

They stole a bunch of my truffle fries which I was NOT happy with lol

I am not too worried about not having a kids menu - my kids are 10 and 13 and eat human food ;)

And, they are definitely NOT the kids people see running around...they are content to sit and hang with us and chat. That's why I asked - I know a lot of people see kids and think they will be a disruption, and some surely are. Thankfully, I have not had to deal with that with my kids.

If they can get some fancy things to nosh on and some sugared up drinks, they are on their best behavior ;)
My kids were about that age when we first started going to Yacht Club. My son loved the hot wings (which were boneless back in the day, bone-in now) and daughter really enjoyed the truffle fries and wedge salad. And they have bar seating -- about 8-10 chairs I think -- a handful of booths/tables, and some couches and comfy chairs. We like to sit on the couches/chairs and have a drink/snacks. If you go at a busy time then service can be a bit slow.

I brought my 4 and 6 year old into Crews Cup this month. Gave them their headphones and kindles from the plane and they sat quiet as mice! They do offer standard kid selections of pasta, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese.

They stole a bunch of my truffle fries which I was NOT happy with lol
Thanks for the correction on the kids' menu. Couldn't recall and didn't see one on the Disney website, but makes sense that they do include one.

I too wish their were a couple more "adults only" places at WDW, because there surely are plenty of family places! But, there's also something about children at a bar behaving politely that makes me want to congratulate the parents on (theoretically, hopefully, and the side I err on) demonstrating and distilling responsibility into their kids. Just like well behaved children in nice restaurants do. Young men who hold open doors for women make me want to give their parents a high five and send them a drink!

The only unofficial bar/lounge I've NEVER seen kids in, but have in the restuarant, and seriously, I've probably been there 50 times, is the bar/bar area at the Bluezoo.

OP - good work on your kids eating "human food." I'm always a little *** about "kids food." We weren't raised that way, and I have no friends who allow their children to eat crap so I wouldn't even know this was a thing except for the dis. Of course, I've decided to not date people further who weren't adventurous eaters, its something so fundamental, I have no interest in having differing food/dining differences, so I'm weird about that. But when I see kids ordering basil, blah, blah, mocktails and ceviche though! I get so happy. Love those baby foodies!

Good to know about Crew's Cup. We're going there for lunch on arrival day at YC; DS will be 14 and not only eats "human food" but is something of a foodie (or at least is way more adventurous than I was at his age).

My kids are picky about some things, but only weird things, like only raw spinach, not cooked (unless it's in a soup or casserole..). And, the more unique the meat, the more they want it. But, no matter what, anywhere we go, they find something that is not "kid food". I am very lucky in that respect.

Looking forward to date night, in a lounge, with my kids in tow ;)

Really I'm from pa and had no idea my kid could sit at the bar in Disney and have a non alcoholic drink with me. Could never happen here so I think we will do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter