Are Disney Running Events Charity Fundraisers?

Just People

Lurker
I've always wondered since usually most running events raise money for a cause. I always hear different podcasts talk about them but have never heard if they raise money for a cause or if they are profit making ventures.

I know the Tower of Terror 10-miler benefitted Autism Speaks as its charity, but I'm sure runDisney is also quite a profit for the Disney company, and only a percentage goes to the charity.

I just found this on the rundisney.com website:

Beneficiary: The Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend benefits The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, an organization dedicated to the fight against blood cancers. With the yearly support of thousands of volunteers, the Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend has helped Team In Training®(TNT) raise millions of dollars for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. TNT, the world's largest endurance sports training program, supports The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by raising funds to aid the organization's mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. The Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend is its largest fund-raising event. Over $11 million was raised during the 2009 race alone. To learn more, visit www.leukemia.org.

Looks like they raise quite a bit of money for charity,
Gretta

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter