Are character meals exclusive to resort guests only?

Shock13

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to visit Aulani for a couple of hours just to look around and maybe eat there or is the resort exclusive to their guests only?

From memory the character buffet can be booked as a non-guest. Ama Ama definitely can be booked as a visitor - we’ve done that a few times when we’ve stayed at either the Beach Villas or the Marriott.

you can walk around however you cannot utilise the lounges by the pool or beach unless you have a wristband. I have read accounts of them turning visitors away from character interactions unless you have a room key / wristband.

Yes PPs are correct. Anyone is free to dine and shop at Aulani, and book the spa, but as mentioned, any amenities of the resort you wouldn't be able to use - loungers, pools, character meets, Aunty's Beach House, etc. You can use the beach and lagoon because those are public, but you wouldn't be able to use the lounge chairs or umbrellas on the beach without a resort wristband. Also, if you spend at least $50 at the store, spa, or one of the restaurants, they will validate parking for up to 2.5 hours. After that its $12 for the first hour and $5 an hour after that.

I just made a dinner reservation at 'Ama'Ama, and my confirmation states:
"Complimentary self-parking for up to 4 hours when you spend $37 or more at 'Ama'Ama or Makahiki."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter