Ardastra Gardens? Any carriage rides?

tbuot

DIS Veteran<br><font color=navy>Wishes upon a star
We will be on the Memorial Day 3 night and were wondering if there would be any opportunities in Nassau for horseback carriage rides? We would be travelling with another family so there would be 8 of us. We have two children 4 and 7 and they have children 3 and 6.

Anybody have any reviews of the Ardastra Garden DCL excursion? Good for our age children? How long is it?

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!1

Didn't do the carriage ride, but that's because it was a hot day and I felt too sorry for the poor horses! However, the Ardastra Gardens is really nice, especially for your kids' ages. We took the #10 bus ($1 pp) from the center of town (you can get it at the port or straw market - it runs up and down the main street - Bay Street - all day) and told the driver to let us off at Ardastra Gardens. It's about a five-ten minute walk up a side street then you're there. I think we paid $12 p/adult and $6 per kid, plus we ended up donating more at the end. They're very patient, they love to talk to the kids about conservation, and the flamingo show is really cool. My kids were 10 and 8 at the time, and we had a ball. Plan on about 2 hours, and were good walking shoes. BTW, it's very maze-like, so if you have kids that wander off, be prepared. Have a great time! Melissa

We visited Ardastra Gardens on our last cruise and loved it! I got some great pictures and it was our favorite part of Nassau. They had a section where you could feed the goats which was fun. And you get pretty close to the animals! We didn't book it through Disney however. We just took a taxi ($4 pp) and went on our own. It was a lot of fun.

I went to Ardestra gardens on the number 10 bus, but with that number of people, I'd get a cab - the bus only holds about 10 people, lol so you'd need an empty one! Ardestra is not like a really modern zoo, but it has character, a cool guy and his feathered friends for photo ops, a nice tacky gift shop, and inexpensive food. It'll be fun! I'm hoping to take my grand daughter this winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter