AquaDuck and GoPro's?

2beaprincess

It all started with a mouse
Can anyone tell me if they have been on a Disney Cruise lately and been able to ride the AquaDuck with a GoPro? And if so what kind of strap were you allowed to use? We are cruising on the Dream in a few weeks. Thank you!!!

Can anyone tell me if they have been on a Disney Cruise lately and been able to ride the AquaDuck with a GoPro? And if so what kind of strap were you allowed to use? We are cruising on the Dream in a few weeks. Thank you!!!

People have reported being able to use their go pro with a chest strap. I am not sure if it is still allowed.

In June 2017, I was going to ride with my daughter. My husband was back at the room, and I had my phone in a waterproof bag around my neck. I had no intention of using on the ride. But the cast member at the beginning of the ride told me I couldn’t go on.
We had to go all the way back to our room to drop off my phone before going on the ride. :(

I had a similar experience to the PP of having carried my phone in a waterproof bag around my neck. I was told I couldn't ride with that. Fortunately I was wearing a swim shirt, so I just tucked it into my swimshirt and he grudgingly allowed me to ride. From then on I made sure that the camera was tucked into my shirt before I approached the ride. I will add from my experience that it does matter which CM is manning the ride, in terms of how strict they will be. I have ridden with the camera around my neck with no one saying anything.

When we were on the Fantasy ship back in May of this year someone had a go pro on and the cast member didn't see it and the person took video of their ride and they ended up closing the aqua duck down for an hour as they had to drain it and re start it up again. So maybe ask the cast member whos working at the start of the slide if you can use it before making the long hike up the stairs.

When we were on the Fantasy ship back in May of this year someone had a go pro on and the cast member didn't see it and the person took video of their ride and they ended up closing the aqua duck down for an hour as they had to drain it and re start it up again.
This is probably why they've gotten more strict about it. The experiences I've had of more strict CMs have been more recent than my experience with lenient CMs manning the ride.

When we were on the Fantasy ship back in May of this year someone had a go pro on and the cast member didn't see it and the person took video of their ride and they ended up closing the aqua duck down for an hour as they had to drain it and re start it up again. So maybe ask the cast member whos working at the start of the slide if you can use it before making the long hike up the stairs.
Oh WOW!! Thank you for that information...I don't think I will even bother with it.

Do you mean they got stuck?? If not I can’t understand why they would shut it down just for that.

Do you mean they got stuck?? If not I can’t understand why they would shut it down just for that.
No, they didn't get stuck. I am not sure why using the Go Pro meant they had to shut it down to check the slide and then restart it but that's what the CM who was working the slide told us.

In June 2017, I was going to ride with my daughter. My husband was back at the room, and I had my phone in a waterproof bag around my neck. I had no intention of using on the ride. But the cast member at the beginning of the ride told me I couldn’t go on.
We had to go all the way back to our room to drop off my phone before going on the ride. :(

I had a similar experience to the PP of having carried my phone in a waterproof bag around my neck. I was told I couldn't ride with that. Fortunately I was wearing a swim shirt, so I just tucked it into my swimshirt and he grudgingly allowed me to ride. From then on I made sure that the camera was tucked into my shirt before I approached the ride. I will add from my experience that it does matter which CM is manning the ride, in terms of how strict they will be. I have ridden with the camera around my neck with no one saying anything.

I can understand why this might be a concern for the crew. Although the ride doesn't go very fast, I suppose they could be concerned that your phone case cord could get tangled up somehow and choke you.

It's been a year since we've been on the Fantasy, but they had no issues with us taking a GoPro on the Aqua Duck. I used a wrist strap most of the time. I think I used the chest harness once or twice.

I was on the Fantasy a few weeks ago and rode the AquaDuck several times with a GoPro on a wrist strap. I showed it at the line entrance each time and the lifeguard running the queue would just nod or give a thumbs up or say “good to go”. None of them gave it even a second glance. Enjoy your cruise!!

I just got off the Fantasy last week and I used my GoPro with a wrist strap without any problems.

In 2017 I bought an underwater camera (Olympus TG-4) for our trip. One thing I was going to get video of was the Aquaduck. So I put it in my pocket for the walk up the stairs. Near the top I pulled it out and looped both wrist straps on to ride the ride with my son. The CM told me I couldn’t use it because it was a safety hazard even though half a dozen people in front of us had GoPros of all manner of strap or even just holding it. Still scratching my head.

Dejected, I pocketed it with my scolding.

But like he!! Was I going to be deterred. The next time I just kept it in my pocket until just down the slide. I pulled it out and got 45 seconds of video of my son and I. I repocketed it just before the last turn to hide it.

Well I guess the CM actually looked at the monitor for once as he radioed down and I got a big scolding in the splash pool.

But I got my video!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!