? AP's

majrn75

Earning My Ears
We have decided to get AP's for our upcoming trip. Is there anywhere we can get AP's anywhere that are not paper tickets? Thanks in advance!!

Melissa

No, sorry.
All APs are tyvek tickets (not really paper), and are fairly indestructible.
I've had my fair share of attempts at destroying mine over the years, including laundry and whatnot, and they pretty well live up to the challenge.

No, sorry.
All APs are tyvek tickets (not really paper), and are fairly indestructible.
I've had my fair share of attempts at destroying mine over the years, including laundry and whatnot, and they pretty well live up to the challenge.

This. The tyvek is incredibly durable. We had 30+ park days with our AP in 2011 and we did not need to get it replaced, despite riding Kali River Rapids and Splash Mountain on multiple occasions.

They use the stuff to wrap houses as a vapor barrier, and there's a great photo of new fantasyland construction with the tyvek layer being applied.

As another Diser said- "When was the last time you saw Disney build an attraction out of old room keys?"

We have decided to get AP's for our upcoming trip. Is there anywhere we can get AP's anywhere that are not paper tickets? Thanks in advance!!

Only Tyvek ("paper") AP's for now.

Looks like guests will be able to trade them in for an RFID wristbands in the future.
Just don't know if that will be before your trip.

You'll know it here as soon as it's announced.
Stay tuned.

Thank your for the information. Did not realize they were no longer paper. I am terrible about washing stuff i leave in my pockets, so i can only image what I would have done to it!!

Melissa

Oddly enough, when we lived in FL, we got ours at AAA and they gave us the vinyl (like a credit card material) and we had to exchange them for the real deal at Disney. We used ours every year all year -- lots and lots -- and they hold up amazingly well.
:thumbsup2

I just accidentally washed mine last night. Not even a scratch. The paper sleeve it stays in completely disintegrated, though...:headache:

Thank your for the information. Did not realize they were no longer paper. I am terrible about washing stuff i leave in my pockets, so i can only image what I would have done to it!!

Melissa

And even if you do totally screw up your annual pass, it's VERY easily replaceable. All you need to do is show your photo ID and a replacement is reissued within minutes. Trust me, I know.

Actually, I got my new AP in January and I don't know if it was a odd situation, but the CM at Guest Relations at DHS gave me a *paper* AP. It's a paper ticket with the line "Annual Renewal" printed on it. He said it was because they are going to RFID cards soon, but they aren't ready to switch over yet. I told him I wasn't coming back until the summer at the earliest and he printed it on paper stock, and that I could switch it to the RFID ticket (and wristbadn, I assume?) on my next trip.

Also, I may be a person who just collects odd APs - my first (and only other) AP was printed on the KTTW stock (I purchased it at the concierge desk at my resort). :confused3

Actually, I got my new AP in January and I don't know if it was a odd situation, but the CM at Guest Relations at DHS gave me a *paper* AP.

AP's have been "paper" (Tyvek) for years and years.

Also, I may be a person who just collects odd APs - my first (and only other) AP was printed on the KTTW stock (I purchased it at the concierge desk at my resort).

There was a very brief time within the last couple of years when the resorts could sell AP's.
By default, they had to be printed on the resort's plastic stock.

AP's have been "paper" (Tyvek) for years and years.

It appears, then, that I've been confused for years - are APs printed on the same "paper" (Tyvek) that MYW/YES tickets are printed on? I always thought that MYW tickets were printed on paper (easily ripped) and APs were on Tyvek, which was more durable. Since the only other AP I have had was on resort plastic stock, I haven't had the chance to compare.

Interesting how you get an idea in your head based on the work "paper"!

It appears, then, that I've been confused for years - are APs printed on the same "paper" (Tyvek) that MYW/YES tickets are printed on? I always thought that MYW tickets were printed on paper (easily ripped) and APs were on Tyvek, which was more durable. Since the only other AP I have had was on resort plastic stock, I haven't had the chance to compare.

Interesting how you get an idea in your head based on the work "paper"!

At the park ticket booths they only have one stock. All AP, MYW, YES, COMP or any other ticket comes out of the same machine.

The issue is that a lot people call the Tyvek stock "paper" or cardboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter