April Showers Bring May Flowers & A Much Anticipated Disney Trip.NEW-BEST STEAK EVER!

Subbing! Your family is adorable. Our trips overlap a bit, how exciting. Im jealous you get to go the P&PP party, we couldnt fit it into our budget/plans. I cant wait to hear all about it!

Subbing! Your family is adorable. Our trips overlap a bit, how exciting. Im jealous you get to go the P&PP party, we couldnt fit it into our budget/plans. I cant wait to hear all about it!

Thanks so much for joining! I am really excited about the Pirate and Princess Party - we will definitely have alot of pictures. :thumbsup2 It looks like you'll be a the same hotel as us - we love POP!

I read your first post and saw "clipboard of fun" and now must join your Pre-Trip Report. I can't wait to catch up on the rest of the posts!

I read your first post and saw "clipboard of fun" and now must join your Pre-Trip Report. I can't wait to catch up on the rest of the posts!

:rotfl: Well I'm glad that DF mentioned the Clipboard of Fun! Welcome and thanks for reading!

Great start so far and I'm looking forward to more. :thumbsup2

Thanks for joining!

I have really been slacking in the PTR department. Our Pirate and Princess Party tickets arrived in the mail about two weeks ago:cool1: I fully planned on taking pictures of them and posting but obviously have yet to do so...:rolleyes1

I am not the only one who has been slacking though - Justin has been too! He is supposed to call and make a special ADR for the first night of our trip - gee, it is so unlike him to wait until the last minute...:lmao:

:rotfl:

I am not the only one who has been slacking though - Justin has been too! He is supposed to call and make a special ADR for the first night of our trip - gee, it is so unlike him to wait until the last minute...:lmao:

Ahem ahem, excuse me little miss but I do believe I HAVE made those special resies for the first night we arrive.

Just a quick update from the cool kid on the block. I originally made dinner reservations for the Capt. Grille at the Yacht Club but upon further review decided to "redo" the choice.

The first day we arrive in disney will very much be a relaxing day. I wanted to do something nice for my folks because they are providing all the funds for my end of the trip and some of the funds for DF. I decided to take them out for a nice dinner at a place they would really enjoy. They typically like Rainforest Cafe, but I figured it was time for a change.(also in fear of what DF would do to me if I took her there again.)

I decided to change our reservation from Capt. Grille to Big River Grille and Brewing Works. Me being a math teacher, I used a carefully thought-through equation to come up with the solution of BRG.

:teacher:
Big River Grille = good
Brewing Works = great
Big River Grille + Brewing Works = the greatest place I could bring my parents to. :thumbsup2

So I "finally" decide to call and make the ressie for BRG. At this time I explained to the nice girl on the phone that I would like to make a reservation for May 20 ( girl quickly chuckles and puts me on hold). She then informs me that I am all set for May 20, great success.

Also a side up date: Our Magical Express vouchers just came in this past weekend, which means it is getting pretty close to GO TIME! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sounds like a great itinerary. Hope you have a great time. Looking forward to the "full report" when you get back... don't keep us waiting too long!! ;)

Sounds like a great itinerary. Hope you have a great time. Looking forward to the "full report" when you get back... don't keep us waiting too long!! ;)

thanks for reading! Don't worry, DF and I will do our very best to put our finest effort to reporting in a prompt and efficient manor. The oath to be a better TR writer will be soon to follow.;)

OK faithful readers - we have not been very good about updating this PTR very often but quite honestly there has not been that much to update...until now! This weekend we received a very special envelope in the mail (as Justin mentioned before) but now we have pictures to prove it!

And a few weeks ago we received these...

...our Pirate & Princess Party Tickets!! We ordered them online and were told they would take about a week or two to deliver. Just a few days later they were in my mailbox:thumbsup2 .

Here are a few items that I have started to put together:

Baggallini and Hidden Mickey Book (we somehow ended up with two of these books...)

Ponchos ( even though it is definitely NOT going to rain ;) )

And a small notebook that we'll use as a travel journal, purchased from my most favorite store in the world (Target, of course :cutie: )

This week Justin also picked up a few other important items:

Our caps, gowns, and tassels for graduation (which is the reason for this trip!). :banana: It finally seems like we are getting close!

That's all we've got for today, but here's a picture of our puppy just for the heck of it - we will miss her when we go, but she will get a few souveniers when we return!

Ok folks, if you're wondering why such the sudden involvment from the previously absentee writer? It's because it is April vacation in the schools up here and I am kinda bored out of my mind. I was digging through some old pics from previous trips and this is what I came up with... hope you enjoy.

We found our buddy Aladdin in Morrocco.

Here is the whole crew at Hollywood and Vine. My mom and dad are going to this place again when Christine and I will be at Boma.

aaaaarrrrrrrrgh matey!

Pirates was closed for refurbishment last time we were at the world so I am SUPER excited to ride it when we go in 33 days.

This was a photo of the crazy wildfires that plagued the Orlando area in 2006. Amazing how close it was to the world.

:banana: 1 MONTH!!!:banana:

In one month, we will be in Disney hopefully enjoying our dinner at Big River Grille & Brewing works!

We also received another piece of mail fron Disney the other day - our luggage tags! It finally seems like its getting close now!:woohoo:

:woohoo:

I love all the pictures. Isn't it fun to get Disney mail!

Thanks! Disney mail is the best, except I never get to open it! Since Justin books the trips it is always delivered to his house...and he never waits for me to open it :rolleyes1

alrighty im offiicially in my "I'm too excited to sleep" mode. The only problem is..... we're still 24 days away! I feel like we've gotten all the disney mail in that we are going to get, and there will be nothing else to look forward to other than actually going on the trip of course. :rolleyes1 Also, I took a look at our itinerary and went into complete panic mode...

My Mom and Dad just mentioned to me how much they would LOVE to see the parade at Animal Kingom this week... ( this would have been helpful information to know BEFORE I planned everything) You see they have never shown any interest in AK what-so-ever. We are always in and out of that park before the lions leave their rock(I'm beginning to think they never leave that rock...) So clearly they have never been there to watch Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade. Well, my dad COMPLAINED to no end about the Pirates and Princess Partypirate: and how we were going to be at Teppan Edo so late and we were going to miss a couple hours of the party, blah blah blah.

So being the good son that I am and self proclaimed master trip planner, I had our dinner ressie changed from 6:30 to 4:30.:cool1: Insert problem here :eek: This will be the day we are at AK, therefore, clearly cannot watch MJJP and make it in time for our ressie at EPCOT.

I suppose they could go the following day to watch the parade (our last full day in the world) but I feel like they would get overwhelmed by disney trasportation and get on the wrong bus and miss our dining ressie at O'hana! Im probably just worrying about this because it is another reason for me to think about disney!

Okay okay okay! Im on board! DBF and I are going the 24th-31st so we'll be around! Congrats on graduating, Im graduating (well my last day of school is may 16th) my graduation ceremony is the Day after I get home from the world! So :dance3: :cheer2: :yay: Congrats!

You're lucky your DF is into disney im trying to get DBF into it, we'll see how that goes ! :rotfl:

:wizard: We just purchased our tickets for the Pirate and Princesse Party! We will be attending on May 26! Anyone attend this yet? Thoughts?

:wave: Ill be there with DBF and the rest of my trip crew (minus 2)!

The Adventurers' Club is a must-do on this trip.

What night are you going? DBF are headed there and Im so excited!
:3dglasses :3dglasses Cant wait for more!

Hi Megveg, thanks for reading!

Okay okay okay! Im on board! DBF and I are going the 24th-31st so we'll be around! Congrats on graduating, Im graduating (well my last day of school is may 16th) my graduation ceremony is the Day after I get home from the world!
You're lucky your DF is into disney im trying to get DBF into it, we'll see how that goes ! :rotfl:

Congrats to you too! And good luck turning your DBF into a Disney-lover - let us know how it goes!

What night are you going? DBF are headed there and Im so excited!
:3dglasses :3dglasses Cant wait for more!

Amazing enough, DF has not put that visit on his "Clipboard of Fun" yet :rotfl: (just teasing Justin). It is on my Must-Do list though, so we will be there at some point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter